Not sure if NCL is starting in June, but...

CroozFanatic

I received a very nice 10-12 page brochure in the mail last week...and I saw an NCL ad on TV as well. Both firsts in quite a while.

Money must be tight, but the CEO must've pulled the trigger on this. He does seem to be somewhat of an uber-optimist, but a very like-able fellow. I'm talking Harry not Frank.

Doubtful that anyone will be sailing in June.  Hearing from a number of friends in the business that Fall would be the earliest.  One who works for Virgin said he thinks that the CDC is not going to allow cruises until Jan 1, 2022.  

• Like 1

I've been getting at least two mailers a month from NCL for the last year.  I wouldn't give them a nickel as I believe NCL, as is, is toast and is soon headed towards reorganization.   I hope the BK courts take care of the folks with money tied up in FCC.  We will see........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jingle5616 said:

I've been getting at least two mailers a month from NCL for the last year.  I wouldn't give them a nickel as I believe NCL, as is, is toast and is soon headed towards reorganization.   I hope the BK courts take care of the folks with money tied up in FCC.  We will see........

I think they all go down together (NCL, RCCL, CCL), if they do.

As long as the stock market stays silly (Tesla at $800), NCL should survive because investors will be looking for something else, anything else.

I'm Platinum Plus with no cruises booked and I've only received my first brochure in at least a year...I feel disrespected.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

NCL isn't in any trouble. In fact, she's grown steadily since the Covid-led downturn in early 2020.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-stock-outperforms-market-on-strong-trading-day-01613771835-12fb56a9cfa1

If they're toast, then I'm buying toast! LOL

I grew up on the mean streets of Burke, VA.

Stock is up...company is in a precarious spot. If they could only launch a streaming service like Disney.

5 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

I grew up on the mean streets of Burke, VA.

Stock is up...company is in a precarious spot. If they could only launch a streaming service like Disney.

Mean streets of Burke, now that got a chuckle out of me! 😊

• Haha 1

I've been seeing NCL TV commercial for the past couple months here in Illinois. As for brochures, we have not received any from NCL but RCCL is sending us a lot of mails.  I have a Bermuda cruise booked on the Joy for June 2021 and now I'm kinda wishing it would be cancelled.  I can't wait to be back but would not want to be the first batch.

Conditional Sail framework IS still in place: Until Nov 2021 or the CDC lifts it

The CDC considered this current framework a more favorable alternative to continuing the No Sail Order. The framework allows cruise lines to progress through the phases at variable paces. Specifically, these phases include:

1. Establishment of laboratory testing of crew onboard cruise ships in U.S. waters
  2. Simulated voyages designed to test a cruise ship operators’ ability to mitigate COVID-19 on cruise ships
  3. A certification process
  4. A return to passenger voyages in a manner that mitigates the risk of COVID-19 introduction, transmission, or spread among passengers and crew onboard ships and ashore to communities

This phased approach is in place until November 1, 2021 or until the order is rescinded by the CDC.

International travel

The government has said this will not resume before 17 May following a review that will be completed by 12 April.

The U.K. Covid-19 roadmap has been released for England 

So let’s hope Europe are not far behind 

17 hours ago, Lupush said:

Doubtful that anyone will be sailing in June.  Hearing from a number of friends in the business that Fall would be the earliest.  One who works for Virgin said he thinks that the CDC is not going to allow cruises until Jan 1, 2022.  

THE CDC has no jursidiction outside the US waters.

Cruises will sail, just maybe not out of US ports. Europe is already sailing.

• Like 1

I've seen commercials for months on several major channels.

Brochures come every two weeks to DW.  We are both PP.

Spending marketing money like 1999.

We only have $150 tied up luckily.  Won't book with jacked up prices and risk involved.  Only 59% of CC folks said they'd book a cruise, yet in article yesterday that was spun as positive.

Regularly receiving brochures and seeing commercial on TV and internet ads. In fact, I keep laughing because Doritos newest commercial has the same "I Want to Break Free" song and I'll look up thinking it is Norwegian and it isn't. Of course, I like Doritos too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:21 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

THE CDC has no jursidiction outside the US waters.

Cruises will sail, just maybe not out of US ports. Europe is already sailing.

I was referring to itineraries that depart from US ports.

My perspective on NCL mailings.

Recently, I've had numerous NCL brochures sent to my home.   However, they are not addressed to me but to my adult children.

All our family booking are made solely by me under my latitudes number. 

Therefore, I "assume" NCL is looking at past passengers lists, culling out those that have active bookings,  and mailing brochures to past guests that do not have bookings in place.

Sound reasonable ?

20 hours ago, prov2727 said:

Regularly receiving brochures and seeing commercial on TV and internet ads. In fact, I keep laughing because Doritos newest commercial has the same "I Want to Break Free" song and I'll look up thinking it is Norwegian and it isn't. Of course, I like Doritos too. 

I heard this song during super bowl and I almost choked thinking ncl decided to pay $5.5 million to do ad before realizing that it was someone else.

6 hours ago, Captain_Cruising said:

My perspective on NCL mailings.

Recently, I've had numerous NCL brochures sent to my home.   However, they are not addressed to me but to my adult children.

All our family booking are made solely by me under my latitudes number. 

Therefore, I "assume" NCL is looking at past passengers lists, culling out those that have active bookings,  and mailing brochures to past guests that do not have bookings in place.

Sound reasonable ?

They must have a couple lists.

I book everything, DW and I both PP.

On profile all info is mine.  We had trip delayed last minute yet only call was to home phone and we were already gone.  Nothing to my contacts nor TA.  Only found out on CC.

So if you want marketing info, it will come.  Important change or delay, you are on your own.