Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

It’s looking more and more likely that Anthem will continue with British Isles cruises for the rest of this season. The Royal app has been updated showing the following itineraries:

19th September: 7 night British Isles (Southampton - Cruising - Liverpool - Glasgow - Belfast - Cruising - Cruising - Southampton)

26th September: 6 night British Isles (Southampton - Cruising - Belfast - Liverpool - Liverpool - Cruising - Southampton)

15th October: 5 night British Isles (Southampton - Cruising - Liverpool - Belfast - Cruising - Southampton)

This would leave very little time to sell these cruises - they would be hoping a lot of the guest's on the currently booked september / October cruises would just switch ? And they may open them to non UK residents as well since the UK is now open to fully vaccinated residents of the US and EU. British Isles cruises tend to be very popular with US residents so this just might work.

Also the British Isles cruises this summer seem to have been quite successful - we are booked in the 15th August and if priced right would consider an October break as well.

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

It’s looking more and more likely that Anthem will continue with British Isles cruises for the rest of this season. The Royal app has been updated showing the following itineraries:

19th September: 7 night British Isles (Southampton - Cruising - Liverpool - Glasgow - Belfast - Cruising - Cruising - Southampton)

26th September: 6 night British Isles (Southampton - Cruising - Belfast - Liverpool - Liverpool - Cruising - Southampton)

15th October: 5 night British Isles (Southampton - Cruising - Liverpool - Belfast - Cruising - Southampton)

I’m on the September 12th cruise and we’re still showing Lisbon and stops at 3 Canary Islands.  I wish they’d change us to the British Isles.

Just now, sellwingri said:

I’m on the September 12th cruise and we’re still showing Lisbon and stops at 3 Canary Islands.  I wish they’d change us to the British Isles.

There is one customer happy to change lol!

Hope things work out for you.

I suspect they have come to the conclusion that its just to complex and uncertain to contine with the spain/portugal/France itineraries and that a ontinuatuon of the successful British Isles season is a much safer bet.

4 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Fingers crossed but not looking very promising.  Our Canary Islands is an 11 day.  Can’t do if the next cruise sails 9/17.

16 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Fingers crossed but not looking very promising.  Our Canary Islands is an 11 day.  Can’t do if the next cruise sails 9/17.

We can’t do the next one either.  Why do you say it’s not looking promising?  Do you think they’ll cancel our cruise?

Edited by sellwingri

16 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

We can’t do the next one either.  Why do you say it’s not looking promising?  Do you think they’ll cancel our cruise?

Just thinking through what was said in posts #1196 and #1198.  Granted, no word from RCL, so it’s not confirmed.  However, if the UK passenger is seeing a Sept 19th British isle cruise, then an 11 day sailing Sept 12th is a conflict.  These cruises are UK residents only. So even if they take the 11N Canary Islands/Portugal cruise and once again change the itinerary to a 7N British Isle cruise, there’s a strong likelihood US pax would not be eligible.  And, then, even if it does go and US ARE allowed, we’re not sure the itinerary works for us. That’s personal.  Over the years we’ve done extensive land travel across the British Isles and Ireland.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER

2 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Brrrrr, I know Anthem is a cool weather ship but the seas around the coast will be chilly in Autumn.  In fact we've had a very cool summer this year apart for a handful of days. Here's hoping for an Indian summer 

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Brrrrr, I know Anthem is a cool weather ship but the seas around the coast will be chilly in Autumn.  In fact we've had a very cool summer this year apart for a handful of days. Here's hoping for an Indian summer 

Can I trade some of our 90+ days for your cool weather?!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 10:42 PM, bigeck said:

Hi

Hope you are well.

I'm on the 7th & 15th August B2B.

Just got a royal up from a Js to a Gs for the 7th. Looking forward to getting cruising again

Hi, where have you been given for your Covid test?  We are booked on the 29th cruise and live in Perth.  Ideally we would like to take a few days to make our way to Southampton but might need to do the Covid test first.  Thanks and hope you enjoy your B2B.

6 hours ago, earn said:

Hi, where have you been given for your Covid test?  We are booked on the 29th cruise and live in Perth.  Ideally we would like to take a few days to make our way to Southampton but might need to do the Covid test first.  Thanks and hope you enjoy your B2B.

I got an email and booked the Norton House Hotel in Edinburgh. I got 2.30 on Thursday.

I'm driving down after it. I'll stop for the night around Birmingham then head down to Southampton on Friday.

Download the TrustOne App for the result.

Sampling Stations for Covid-19 Testing - Eurofins Scientific

• Like 1

So lots of posts on other threads about covid cases popping up on cruises in other countries  

Has there been any cases on UK sailcations?

How is it dealt with?

Edited by sgmn

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So lots of posts on other threads about covid cases popping up on cruises in other countries  

Has there been any cases on UK sailcations?

How is it dealt with?

Im only aware of 1 on celebrity silhouette - it was an unvaccinated under 18. No one else was affected. Cruise continued as normal - all close contacts were tested and came back negative. I am not sure if they were disembarked at the next port , or if it was at the end of the cruise , and I'm not sure what happened after that. It was in response to this case that celebrity and royal Caribbean instituted the new protocol that under 18's must have a PCR test in advance , as well as a lateral flow test at the port before boarding. If there have been others I haven't heard of them.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Im only aware of 1 on celebrity silhouette - it was an unvaccinated under 18. No one else was affected. Cruise continued as normal - all close contacts were tested and came back negative. I am not sure if they were disembarked at the next port , or if it was at the end of the cruise , and I'm not sure what happened after that. It was in response to this case that celebrity and royal Caribbean instituted the new protocol that under 18's must have a PCR test in advance , as well as a lateral flow test at the port before boarding. If there have been others I haven't heard of them.

sadly it’s just going to be a fact of life moving forward...

I think maybe people are waking.up to the fact its part of life. No matter how hard you try there is a possibility of catching covid. The same as catching a cold or flu. 

People also now understanding that the vaccine helps by reducing your chances of being seriously ill but you can still catch it. 

My neice and my neighbor currently are positive, both fully vaccinated and have very mild colds. Where my neice friend also is positive with no vaccine and she is very rough. It has frightened her to the point where she will now get vax as soon as she can.

But with testing and vac only on ships except those who cant have it, hopefully the numbers positive will be low on cruises.

So looking forward now to my UK cruise on the 29th Aug.

Btw are the free style soft drinks machines working for the soft drinks packages?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I think maybe people are waking.up to the fact its part of life. No matter how hard you try there is a possibility of catching covid. The same as catching a cold or flu. 

People also now understanding that the vaccine helps by reducing your chances of being seriously ill but you can still catch it. 

My neice and my neighbor currently are positive, both fully vaccinated and have very mild colds. Where my neice friend also is positive with no vaccine and she is very rough. It has frightened her to the point where she will now get vax as soon as she can.

But with testing and vac only on ships except those who cant have it, hopefully the numbers positive will be low on cruises.

So looking forward now to my UK cruise on the 29th Aug.

Btw are the free style soft drinks machines working for the soft drinks packages?

Totally agree with everything you have said.

We have to learn to live with covid and the only way forward really is when we get to the point that a very large proportion of the population have antibodies. We are probably quite close to that point now. Covid will become another virus like flu which we co-exist with - people will catch it , but majority will have mild symptoms due to the vaccines - unfortunately some will be more affected,  either because they chose not to be vaccinated,  or perhaps their immune system is compromised in some other way.

There will be cases on cruise ships , but due to the protocols in place they should be rare and contained and not affect the cruise for the rest of the guest's. I actually do believe that a cruise chip like Anthem with all the protocols in place is much safer than on land at the moment.

We are really looking forward to this cruise , but also a bit apprehensive as there are 11 of us travelling , and we need 11 negative PCR tests before we can even set off!

I belive the freestyle machines are working for the drinks packages - I'm not sure if they are operated by staff or just by guests as normal. Maybe someone who has already been on can confirm?

20 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Totally agree with everything you have said.

We have to learn to live with covid and the only way forward really is when we get to the point that a very large proportion of the population have antibodies. We are probably quite close to that point now. Covid will become another virus like flu which we co-exist with - people will catch it , but majority will have mild symptoms due to the vaccines - unfortunately some will be more affected,  either because they chose not to be vaccinated,  or perhaps their immune system is compromised in some other way.

There will be cases on cruise ships , but due to the protocols in place they should be rare and contained and not affect the cruise for the rest of the guest's. I actually do believe that a cruise chip like Anthem with all the protocols in place is much safer than on land at the moment.

We are really looking forward to this cruise , but also a bit apprehensive as there are 11 of us travelling , and we need 11 negative PCR tests before we can even set off!

I belive the freestyle machines are working for the drinks packages - I'm not sure if they are operated by staff or just by guests as normal. Maybe someone who has already been on can confirm?

Hiya. Totally agree.

We have 5 going in all and the little bit of stress is the covid tests. But aim to keep like hermits before we go for a good week lol. Have plenty of LTFs to take in the week leading up to cruise. Granted not as good but gives an idea. 

I agree after popping into a supermarket yest it felt less safe then a few weeks ago, less masks and little social distance. Easy wins in my eyes. 

Good news about freestyle machines, daughter will be happy. Lol

Looking forward to (hopefully) boarding next Saturday. Just wondered from those off you who are on board, what is the capacity like at the moment, is it still 1000 passengers or had it increased? 
Also, is it still Diamond members get 4 drinks anytime? Is VAT being charged in drinks? Just trying to weigh up drink package. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, SarahT said:

Looking forward to (hopefully) boarding next Saturday. Just wondered from those off you who are on board, what is the capacity like at the moment, is it still 1000 passengers or had it increased? 
Also, is it still Diamond members get 4 drinks anytime? Is VAT being charged in drinks? Just trying to weigh up drink package. Thanks.

Capacity on cruise just finished was reported as 1150 approx. Apparently just increasing gradually but that's just what people have said they have heard from the staff on the cruises. If correct it will only be increasing by around 5% each subsequent  cruise.

Diamond members still get 4 drinks each per day any time .

Not sure about the VAT thing - I think its included on UK onboard prices from memory,  but don't quote me on that !

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

So now all guests need a PCR test max 3 days before the cruise will they stop the requirement for a LFT for the children on the day of the cruise? 

Makes some sence but then again.......lol

Nope- kids (under 18 - unvaccinated) must have PCR and LFT as well.

Been reading about vaccinated passengers on Adventure and Celebrity Edge of positive cases on board.  Royal has treated everyone well.  Was wondering if there have been any positive cases on Anthem since she started sailing.   Watched her on the web sail from Southampton today.  Still hoping to be onboard in October. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Thinking of moving Harmony cruise over to Anthem UK. Can anyone give me an idea of Drink Package and Dining package prices please.

Thanks

Deluxe paxkage currently £54 per day - cheapest was £45 a few weeks ago. 

UDP is £212 i think - cheapest i saw it was £188.

Seem to be a number of guests moving over to Anthem from Harmony - can't say I blame them given the current uncertainties. 

Edited by Trixie21

17 hours ago, bigeck said:

I got an email and booked the Norton House Hotel in Edinburgh. I got 2.30 on Thursday.

I'm driving down after it. I'll stop for the night around Birmingham then head down to Southampton on Friday.

Download the TrustOne App for the result.

Sampling Stations for Covid-19 Testing - Eurofins Scientific

Thanks,  that’s great to know.  We can plan our trip around about that, once we get the email and can book the test.

• Like 1