Just noticed this language on the website, anyone see this before.

"If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed."

Just noticed this.  I guess I should not be surprised.

Anyone know what the threshold level is?  Would be nice if they gave actual numbers/percentages instead of just some vague wording.

19 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

"If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed."

Just noticed this.  I guess I should not be surprised.

Anyone know what the threshold level is?  Would be nice if they gave actual numbers/percentages instead of just some vague wording.

It’s been on since they started sailing Quantum.

Another unknown that will probably be determined by the cdc.  All the more reason to have everyone vaccinated on the ship.  

That is my one, no thank you.  I dont want to be quarantined in my cabin or at a facility near a port because I was possibly exposed.  

I got my first dose thursday and scheduled for 2nd in 3 weeks.  

I'm fine with masks and social distancing but not quarantining and ending my vacation because some unvaccinated group tested positive.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yep, nearly a copy/paste right from the return to sailing order.

Thankyou, I just looked at the CDC website and saw it there.

I also saw that the CDC requires that the cruise ship test each and every crewmember and passenger at embarkation and disembarkation.  That is a lot of testing for a large ship.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Thankyou, I just looked at the CDC website and saw it there.

I also saw that the CDC requires that the cruise ship test each and every crewmember and passenger at embarkation and disembarkation.  That is a lot of testing for a large ship.

Who does a cruise line hire to run and interpret PCR tests? I'd have big concerns about finding people qualified to handle all the samples and correctly run 4k-8k tests in a matter of a day or so.

51 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Who does a cruise line hire to run and interpret PCR tests? I'd have big concerns about finding people qualified to handle all the samples and correctly run 4k-8k tests in a matter of a day or so.

It hasn't been in the news recently but there were facilities in my area that were combining and running the samples in groups.  If that pooled sample came back positive that entire group was subjected to further testing, or their samples were re-tested individually.  This technique could be used for cruise ships. 

Here's the press release from the hospital doing it - https://www.saratogahospital.org/News/saratoga-hospital-team-proves-pooled-covid19-testing-works

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hallux said:

It hasn't been in the news recently but there were facilities in my area that were combining and running the samples in groups.  If that pooled sample came back positive that entire group was subjected to further testing, or their samples were re-tested individually.  This technique could be used for cruise ships. 

Here's the press release from the hospital doing it - https://www.saratogahospital.org/News/saratoga-hospital-team-proves-pooled-covid19-testing-works

The machinery is one thing, but I'm more concerned about the people.  The risk of screwing up someone's test when they need it to leave the ship is very severe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All the more reason to have everyone vaccinated on the ship.  

I'm getting my 2nd shot of Moderna this Wednesday, however, I've booked 4 cabins for Easter '22 and 3 of those will be affected as there are children under 16.  If vaccines are required for all and we can't sail. I want cash and no stinking FCCs with an expiration date.  

No problem with 100% vaccinated ship the problem comes from the wording "threshold"

100% vaccinated ship

0% ill

5% positive tests

Quite possible given the effectiveness of the vaccines, the unknown factor of spread between vaccinated individuals, the inability to have accurate testing, the PCR test can come back positive months after exposure and the infectiousness of the disease given tight quarters.

All these reasons and more could lead to the quarantine of a ship of healthy people because of the wording "threshold" 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'm getting my 2nd shot of Moderna this Wednesday, however, I've booked 4 cabins for Easter '22 and 3 of those will be affected as there are children under 16.  If vaccines are required for all and we can't sail. I want cash and no stinking FCCs with an expiration date.  

By then the age for which vaccination is available may be considerably lower than 16.

• Like 1

Let's face it .... no one wants to be quarantined (especially if you have been vaccinated and do not have the virus). If this is even a remote possibility then the cruise industry is dead in the water ( no pun intended).  Cruise execs better realize this .......

e

7 hours ago, nelblu said:

Same situation (extended family) for April 2022. Four cabins booked with FCC's and four kids under

8...I'll assume we'll get new FCC's but will have no problem transferring (L/S) them to 2023 as the sail by date may change many times depending on when new policy options come into play.

If this cruise is impacted it will be for the 4th time. We're all flexible and to protect our price and KSF it doesn't really matter when we sail.