July cruise won't sail - will it?

kelly-NYC

1 minute ago, hurricane0226 said:

So why are airlines getting more passengers and they are more in close contact than on a

cruise ship, Why would the CDC say that was alright, jmho.    

A study paid for by the airlines concluded that because the ventilation flows from top to bottom and people wear masks unless they are former secretaries of state, that there is minimal spread on aircraft.  'The science'™ has spoken.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

A study paid for by the airlines concluded that because the ventilation flows from top to bottom and people wear masks unless they are former secretaries of state, that there is minimal spread on aircraft.  'The science'™ has spoken.

Even the stalker (who didn't want to be identified) admitted Kerry wore the for mask most of the flight and the flight attendants said they didn't see him without one, so it couldn't have been very long.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Even the stalker (who didn't want to be identified) admitted Kerry wore the for mask most of the flight and the flight attendants said they didn't see him without one, so it couldn't have been very long.

The amazing things we learn about Covid: "it can only spread if a flight attendant catches you without a mask."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Moviela said:

The pot is about to boil over with other states looking at Florida and Texas and wondering why they are suffering ridiculous restrictions. Today Sen. Paul, himself a medical doctor, raked Fauci over the coals for his silly stance of wearing two masks, and Fauci could not explain why those vaccinated and those who recovered from Covid-19 had to wear a mask. We all saw John Kerry ignoring mask rules on American Airlines. With the charts dropping fast as the vaccinations cover more of the population July sailings could well be at hand. 

Cruises have been operating and theme parks open around the world without any meaningful difficulty since last July. The CDC will be hard pressed to enforce their rules from last fall much longer.

Unfortunately you are using facts to back an argument. That is against the narrative of fear-mongering and self proclaimed power. When a very small percentage is affected, the extremely mass majority are punished. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

So why are airlines getting more passengers and they are more in close contact than on a

This is like one of those rediculous things we have to face everyday. I mean even when you go to the store or use a metro - you still encounter people and even at more closer distance. All this 1,5 meter thing is a total joke. If there is one person sick in the room - you have like 50\50 chance of getting it no matter how far away you are from him 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Actually cdc only can stop cruising, but it cant stop flying.

Cdc has not said flying is alright and in fact says dont travel, even for vaccinated. Its just a general dont travel, but cdc would keep us at home if they could. 1.1m flew last sunday, the most since a year ago. Obviously people are ignoring the cdc. As long as the cdc doesnt get off their cuffs and say school is ok, I doubt they will get much respect when history looks back.

But currently they say dont travel, and especially to the caribbean. They have a list of Caribbean islands got posted to one of my roll calls they want you not to go to. Many of my ports are on the list, for instance belize. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Some here would tell you the virus can't spread at all in Florida, which, or course, is a lie.

I was just in the Chamber of Commerce yesterday...they were wondering how this state is going to survive if you don't come visit soon 😉

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Obviously people are ignoring the cdc.

People are not trusting a government organization that has done nothing but fail. I completely understand it. Imagine if they did shutdown all airlines and airports the way they did the cruise lines. What do you think would have happened? Imagine shutting down WalMart, Home Depot, Lowe's, and all schools? They are about to open schools fully here and the CDC has nothing to say? 

In all seriousness, if anyone of us performed this poorly in our professions, how many would still have a job? The answer is none of us. We would all be fired or let go. The CDC has failed miserably. I would say somewhere between 10-15% on a final exam that is 80% of their grade. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The odds are very slim for cruising in July.  Here are some of the major steps that need to be completed to sail:

1.  CDC presents the protocol for the test cruises.  The cruise lines are still waiting and the CDC (not being a friend to cruising) is in no hurry to provide the test requirements.

2, Test requirements are finally released.  The cruise lines will have to review the requirements to design their plan.  What would be involved in the processes is not known at this time because the CDC is not a friend to cruising and is not in a hurry to release them.

3.  Test cruise period begins.  How long is the cruise and what’s involved before, during or after the cruise will not be understood until the CDC announces the protocol.

4.  Assuming your favorite cruise line passes the test cruise(s) they will then get be given the green light from the CDC to begin regular operations utilizing the accepted protocol.

5.  Staffing up the ship and other logistics.  Staffing will probably be one of the more difficult issues that cruise lines will have.  Former employees may already have found suitable employment and will not return. So new employees will have to trained to provide adequate service.

Some cruise lines have stated they will need 60 to 90 days before a ship is ready to sail with passengers.  Maybe it could be shorter, but cruise lines will not want to hire people if they are not completely sure they can sail.

So to answer the OP question will Carnival sail out of Baltimore in July, based what needs to be done from now to his cruise date, I would have to say NO.

One last thing I would like to add:  the CDC is slow walking the protocol and the entire process.  I think it’s time for the Cruiselines to lobby Congress and state they are going to file a lawsuit in Federal court to free themselves of the CDC control. No other business is America is controlled by this department. 

Edited by CruiseHealing
  • Like 2

Back to the OP's question.  No.  Test cruises in June or July, followed by CDC 60 day mandate, followed by short cruises around Labor Day and full week cruises on October 1.  Best case scenario.  I'm 50/50 on our Halloween cruise.

Celebrity just announced a cruise I think from st marteen. Still half awake. Imo if test cruises and real cruises were starting from usa soon this wouldnt be happening.

Cdc procedures are in place until nov 2021. ..again my opinion, there wouldnt be cruises from usa until then. Cdc bends over backwards to be over cautious and wouldnt lift these order ahead of time like some hope, they have no incentive to help get cruises rolling, they believe in locking down  ..well what if a new strain they say or whatever. Cdc is like my 102 very deaf dad. They think they know and refuse to recognize science. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Back to the OP's question.  No.  Test cruises in June or July, followed by CDC 60 day mandate, followed by short cruises around Labor Day and full week cruises on October 1.  Best case scenario.  I'm 50/50 on our Halloween cruise.

IMHO, I don't think it will play out like that. 

I think the CDC (and the cruise lines) are waiting for sufficient vaccinations and the implied herd immunity, and feedback from the foreign ports, and will simply say something like "cruising can resume on <insert date>, vaccinations will be required for the time being because many/all foreign ports are requiring them".  No test cruises, 60 day mandate will be lifted, etc.  It just seems like the easiest way through it all.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

IMHO, I don't think it will play out like that. 

I think the CDC (and the cruise lines) are waiting for sufficient vaccinations and the implied herd immunity, and feedback from the foreign ports, and will simply say something like "cruising can resume on <insert date>, vaccinations will be required for the time being because many/all foreign ports are requiring them".  No test cruises, 60 day mandate will be lifted, etc.  It just seems like the easiest way through it all.

When the CDC issued some requirements last November we had a different administration and vaccination rollout was not looking as promising as it has become. I suspect that this is a very possible outcome. Carnival can require vaccines and negative PCR 3 days before cruise on under 18 so that families can still cruise. The sooner the better for us!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

No test cruises, 60 day mandate will be lifted, etc.  It just seems like the easiest way through it all.

Easiest way and CDC is like oil and water.  Hopefully the results that Royal and Celebrity have sailing out of Nassau and St. Maarten between June and August speed up the process a bit.

11 hours ago, tree.critter said:

When the CDC issued some requirements last November we had a different administration and vaccination rollout was not looking as promising as it has become. I suspect that this is a very possible outcome. Carnival can require vaccines and negative PCR 3 days before cruise on under 18 so that families can still cruise. The sooner the better for us!

The vaccine roll out is the same. Old was 1.1m a day, new said he would try to do 1.0 m and it was like maybe that's too much? Of course after warp speed it was possible to do the same and a bit more. Already the 100 day goal is complete. Who can be surprised idk. 

As far as just suddenly starting cruises, they cant until nov 1, 2021 when the 1 year cdc protocols expire. My guess is they will just wait them out rather than trying to comply and doing the mock cruises ... I hope I'm wrong as I'm booked sept 11th and very tired of rebooking, but they cant just start up again until the 1 year protocols expire. ... or the cdc lifts them voluntarily. I do hear the governor of florida and the miami mayor have asked the cdc to let cruises restart. ..but so far falling on deaf ears.

If you could just restart you wouldnt see all these workarounds the cdc. Rcl putting a ship in israel, starting a ship in june out of Nassau, celebrity as I mentioned above in june out of st marteen. Israel is very happy to at last get their own ship. UK cruises on rcl to start. Cruising is restarting, just not out of usa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't bet on a July cruise, simply because (as far as I know?) the CDC hasn't come back with comment on the CLIA Plan. They probably have but I missed it. 

Anyway. I don't see the harm in making a final payment..?.. If you do, and they cancel, it's back to "full refund or FCC with $600 OBC?" (We all wish the OBCs were cumulative, I'd eat Chef's Table every night for two weeks if they were...) 

17 minutes ago, MauiWowie57 said:

I wouldn't bet on a July cruise, simply because (as far as I know?) the CDC hasn't come back with comment on the CLIA Plan. They probably have but I missed it. 

Anyway. I don't see the harm in making a final payment..?.. If you do, and they cancel, it's back to "full refund or FCC with $600 OBC?" (We all wish the OBCs were cumulative, I'd eat Chef's Table every night for two weeks if they were...) 

"Full refund and $600" is nice, but not guaranteed.

I year ago I would have bet, and bet big, that ships would be sailing by now....not just sailing, but normal sailing.

I wouldn't do a final payment.

• Like 2

😔

Carnival Cruise Line

Travel Restrictions

Carnival Cruise Line is following all CLIA regulations. You can find specifics here

Itinerary Changes

All Carnival cruises in North America are suspended through May 31, 2021. Voyages over 7 days in duration from U.S. homeports are temporarily unavailable for booking due to CDC requirements. Additional vessel cancellations are below:

Carnival Miracle from San Diego and San Francisco - sailings through September 16, 2021

Carnival Miracle cruises from San Diego and San Francisco are suspended until further notice and sailings out of San Diego that were available for sale through April 2023 have been cancelled, with the exception of seven voyages to Hawaii, which will move to Long Beach.

Carnival Liberty - September 17 to October 18, 2021

Voyages aboard Carnival Liberty from September 17-October 18, 2021 are cancelled to accomodate drydock work.

Carnival Sunshine - October 11 to November 13, 2021

Voyages aboard Carnival Sunshine from October 11-November 13, 2021 are cancelled to accomodate drydock work.

Carnival Magic, Paradise, Valor and Radiance

Four ships that were scheduled for drydocks in the first half of 2021 -- Magic, Paradise, Valor and Victory/Radiance – won't return to service until November 2021.

Carnival Mardi Gras

The launch date for Mardi Gras has now been pushed back to May 29, 2021.

Carnival Legend

Carnival has cancelled the European itineraries for Carnival Legend which were to begin this May through Oct. 31, 2021.

Miami Dade mayor has brought up the discussion of getting the cruise industry back online.  Local news is saying possibly June/July cruises to the Bahamas.  Royal might be the first ones out of the gate.

25 minutes ago, Mr305 said:

Miami Dade mayor has brought up the discussion of getting the cruise industry back online.  Local news is saying possibly June/July cruises to the Bahamas.  Royal might be the first ones out of the gate.

It isn't up to the Miami-Dade mayor. Look for the Covid count to explode after spring break.

Just now, topaz123 said:

I'm getting the impression there's always going to be a "variant", it's never ending. We have the South  African Variant, the Brazil Variant...followed by the Bug Tussle, Mississippi Varient......yadda yadda.

Stop the virus from spreading and mutations are no longer possible - the end. It isn't complicated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Stop the virus from spreading and mutations are no longer possible - the end. It isn't complicated.

To stop the virus from spreading , would entail every person on earth receiving the vaccine. Until the populace of the globe is vaccinated ...then there would exist those un-vaccinated, and thus spreaders of the variants.

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

To stop the virus from spreading , would entail every person on earth receiving the vaccine. Until the populace of the globe is vaccinated ...then there would exist those un-vaccinated, and thus spreaders of the variants.

You're catching on, but not every individual needs to be vaccinated. Herd immunity does not mean everyone is immune - but enough so if someone hasn't been vaccinated and is infected, they won't come in contact with others who haven't been.

It's a pandemic - a global problem. 

• Like 1