P&O vaccine update - both jabs required

Stu UK

Just received yet another email from P&O regarding my 21st August Iona cruise. This one was emphasising P&O's vaccination policy regarding the summer cruises. I wonder if they are getting bookings from people who have no chance of meeting the criteria. Proof of vaccination details still to be announced. Also says the cruises are for UK resident COVID vaccinated guests only.

With the 12 week wait for second jab plus a week or is it two for full protection you will need to have your first jab by either the 15th or 22nd May, that excludes a LOT of people

18 hours ago, nosapphire said:

I tried the NHS app.

Three attempts to set up (all my fault - I'm new to this) 2 days waiting for confirmation that I had passed the security checks (they were busy).

Success at last -  logged in, and discovered...... all it does it link you to your GP practice, which I already have online access to.

And in the case of our GP practice, what you are allowed to see is very, very, very limited.

You can order repeat prescription, see when the next medication review is (but not what the review results are) and book GP appointments (but not with the nurse, and not since the first lockdown started).

There is not even a section - anywhere - for vaccinations, flu, covid or otherwise.

No other records available at all.

There is a vast range of online systems for GP practices, they are apparently not compatible with each other, the NHS log-in did surprise me as I thought after going through all that security it might show a bit more information - such as my covid vaccination, carried out at an NHS hub, not the GP surgery.

So in my case, using the current information on the NHS app as proof of vaccination is not going to work unless and until they add a section for vaccinations.

Better not lose that card, then.... sigh.

Are you in Scotland if so there is no intension to add any further info.  This is all it is going to do for the foreseeable future.  Also no cards given out at vaccinations to anyone I know (covering many areas of Scotland).  No idea how we will prove vaccination except with a doctors letter at £50 to us and driving the GP surgery bonkers for requests.

12 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Our vaccination card that was given to us when we had our first jab is useless all it says on it is the date and Pfizer. No name or batch number or anything else.

Our cards have our names, vaccine name, batch number and date given. Space for second dose details when given. 

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Just received yet another email from P&O regarding my 21st August Iona cruise. This one was emphasising P&O's vaccination policy regarding the summer cruises. I wonder if they are getting bookings from people who have no chance of meeting the criteria. Proof of vaccination details still to be announced. Also says the cruises are for UK resident COVID vaccinated guests only.

With the 12 week wait for second jab plus a week or is it two for full protection you will need to have your first jab by either the 15th or 22nd May, that excludes a LOT of people

It also includes  a lot of people. As many people book their second jab date in the same process as their first, they will know the second date plus seven days. I guess they are intelligent folk and know that is the earliest date they should book their cruise.

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It also includes  a lot of people. As many people book their second jab date in the same process as their first, they will know the second date plus seven days. I guess they are intelligent folk and know that is the earliest date they should book their cruise.

maybe so but I expect people will be saying can't you make an exception for a day or so and hopefully P&O will be strict and not have us finding that exceptions have been made.

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

maybe so but I expect people will be saying can't you make an exception for a day or so and hopefully P&O will be strict and not have us finding that exceptions have been made.

If P&O set some rules, folk should follow them. I expect you are right that people will always try and bend them. I think P&O should ask for proof at some point before sailing, not at the dock.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If P&O set some rules, folk should follow them. I expect you are right that people will always try and bend them. I think P&O should ask for proof at some point before sailing, not at the dock.

As long as they give us enough time to procure the proof once they know what it needs to be.

We also have the issue of what exactly are the insurance requirements for these special cruises

At least we have a few months before final payment date

7 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Remember when I took my father for his first jab and noticed a box full of vaccination cards in plain sight? Anybody could have nicked a few and filled them in with bogus details!

We had our jabs in superdrug, Guildford. You had to walk to the back of the shop. When I walked through they had lots of stuff in plain sight. Anybody could have filled up their bags with stuff. One thing that may have stopped them was basic honesty oh! and CCTV everywhere.😂

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Our cards have our names, vaccine name, batch number and date given. Space for second dose details when given. 

The name was written on the top of our cards, anyone could easily have written it themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloodaxe said:

The name was written on the top of our cards, anyone could easily have written it themselves.

Very true, but if that bit of my card had not been filled in, I would have said " excuse me miss, but ". No doubt there will be a digital system soon.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Ours have the full details as well. We had our vaccinations done at our doctors surgery, don't know if that makes any difference🤔

Avril

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My card had the batch number and the date on, but not my name.

So I’ve written my name on it 

Me too. 
I have two friends who have been called for their second jab (of Pfizer) three or four weeks before the 12 week deadline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had our jabs in superdrug, Guildford. You had to walk to the back of the shop. When I walked through they had lots of stuff in plain sight. Anybody could have filled up their bags with stuff. One thing that may have stopped them was basic honesty oh! and CCTV everywhere.😂

I’m sure that there are vaccination hubs without CCTV here and there! Thing is, there are always some people who will behave unethically and there will also be some people who will do anything to ‘prove’ that they’ve had the jab. Most people are honest and wouldn’t nick merchandise from a shop as you describe, but a minority possibly would be ready to pocket a few cards ‘just in case’! 

I had a routine telephone  appointment with my GP this morning and asked if I would be able to view my covid vaccination details online so that I could print something off to show as proof.She said it is more likely to be done through an NHS app because GP's would be inundated with requests.Seacation cruise isn't until september so am sure something will be sorted by then.

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I’m sure that there are vaccination hubs without CCTV here and there! Thing is, there are always some people who will behave unethically and there will also be some people who will do anything to ‘prove’ that they’ve had the jab. Most people are honest and wouldn’t nick merchandise from a shop as you describe, but a minority possibly would be ready to pocket a few cards ‘just in case’! 

I don't know anyone who would do such a thing🤔. If somebody forged a card the consequence could be that they catch the virus. Silly fools😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Our cards, have the batch number, name of the drug, AZ or Pfizer and the date.  Our names are not on them.  My husband has just been called next Monday for his second one.

When you go for your second dose you could politely ask them to write your name. Plan B has been shrewdly stumbled upon by Dermotsgirl.😂

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

When you go for your second dose you could politely ask them to write your name. Plan B has been shrewdly stumbled upon by Dermotsgirl.😂k

That is exactly what I said earlier, anyone could write their name on a card, not really foolproof.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

That is exactly what I said earlier, anyone could write their name on a card, not really foolproof.

Vaccine passports will no doubt be digital. Anybody forging a card need their bumps read. They endanger themselves. Perhaps a thumping great fine, or a prison sentence is warranted as it endangers lives.

Come to the conclusion because of so many variants of how the card has been filled in or not that the one given when you are vaccinated especially as it has been handwritten then it will not be used officially to prove vaccination.

• Like 1

My latest worry is that if verifying your vaccinations is via GP letter and your GP refuses for whatever reason you are up the creek without the proverbial. I don't think it is likely that an electronic version will be available by July/August 😟

what is used for other countries that require proof of vaccine - yellow fever etc.

A doctors letter seems the easiest thing in the world to forge.  surely it can't be that? On saying that that's what we used to carry about for my daughter when insulin pumps first came out to show she could not go through an airport scanner and to explain carrying needles.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I had a routine telephone  appointment with my GP this morning and asked if I would be able to view my covid vaccination details online so that I could print something off to show as proof.She said it is more likely to be done through an NHS app because GP's would be inundated with requests.Seacation cruise isn't until september so am sure something will be sorted by then.

We book our repeat prescriptions online now, and I recently requested online access to my patient records, and the data is all there, I have not studied it in detail yet, so no idea if I can just access a vaccination list, or maybe even just the Covid record, but it is there on the date administered