Carnival Update March 25 2021

Shakatime

15 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Well, at least they are extending the final payment deadline. 

I have a July cruise and called my PVP to move it yesterday. He said he would automatically be moving my final payment date until the make an announcement about July cruises as well. I was thankful for that!

24 minutes ago, Shakatime said:

Additionally read there could be an order from Biden coming to loosen travel starting in May.

no  THE CDC's conditional cruises are THERE through Nov 1st...........   too late for June cruises!! 

10 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

no  THE CDC's conditional cruises are THERE through Nov 1st...........   too late for June cruises!! 

I think its apples and oranges. The poster said biden is expected to loosen travel restrictions..as in right now no travel non essential is advised, not flying, none.

You are talking cruises specifically. 

Oh boy I cant wait, biden might say vaccinated can travel after may, how exciting.  (Like no one is right now). Dont hold your breath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think its apples and oranges. The poster said biden is expected to loosen travel restrictions..as in right now no travel non essential is advised, not flying, none.

You are talking cruises specifically. 

Oh boy I cant wait, biden might say vaccinated can travel after may, how exciting.  (Like no one is right now). Dont hold your breath.

Yes I'm talking  about cruises.  There is no way that June cruises will be happening unless the CDC changes the conditional cruise phases in a couple of weeks or so..     The ships are still operating with limited crew..   

12 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Yes I'm talking  about cruises.  There is no way that June cruises will be happening unless the CDC changes the conditional cruise phases in a couple of weeks or so..     The ships are still operating with limited crew..   

Lol that's what I said!!! You are talking cruises.

The poster you quoted is talking about general travel. 

Agree june cruises would go, yep. And good chance either will my sept. 

Carnival provided an update today on the current state of cruising. Rather than sit through a long video here are the important points…

News

• ·       Guests booked on June sailings can cancel without penalty

• ·       June cruises final payment date moved to April 30th

• ·       Carnival through its trade association has asked the CDC to amend the conditional sail order to allow cruising to resume this summer

Background / Old News

• ·       No decision on June sailings

• ·       No decisions on vaccines being a requirement

• ·       CDC Orders have not changed since last fall (prior to vaccine approval)

• ·       US restart timing uncertain

• ·       Other cruise lines have made some decisions, Carnival will make its own decisions

• ·       Carnival ships will remain at US home ports

Fun Facts

• ·       Carnival has 14 US home ports

• ·       50% of sailings are less than 7 days

• ·       Carnival sails more families and children than any other cruise line
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

CNBC is reporting that the CDC has rejected the request and stocks are taking a tumble as a result but before anyone panics it has not been confirmed by a second source that I can see yet and if true it just means they aren't amending them right now, they could always do so in the future

• Like 1

It is going to take a lawsuit by the cruise lines to cruise before November. It is as simple as that. The major cruise lines need to file for an injunction and force the CDC to appear along with the heads of all other Departments that have shutdown the ports.

If you haven't noticed, the Ports in the US are not shutdown, only cruise lines. We are importing so many products still it is ridiculous. We are cattle-calling students into schools against the CDC and DHHS direction of social distancing. Planes with 3" of social distancing have been in operation since this has started. Wearing masks and not wearing masks has no effect on the infection rates. Another failure the CDC won't address. No initiative the CDC has taken has stopped or slowed the spread. The only thing making a difference is the beginning of herd immunity and vaccination. The CDC has no function in the vaccination realm. That is managed by the FDA, a completely different organization. Therefore, the CDC won't acknowledge the science of their own experts.

• Like 1

I admire how Carnival and the other cruise lines are keeping at it and trying hard.  It's an uphill battle, but I respect how they sincerely want to make things work so that they can get back to their business.  Maybe they will eventually find someone from the CDC side who really wants to find a way to make this work.  The places where the governments are working closely with the cruise industry are the places where they are successfully sailing. 

• Like 2

We are hoping we get to sail in June since our cruise is the end of June.  If not we will rebook once again. Like so many I am tired of moving cruises and just want to cruise. We gave up and started moving to 2022 with the exception of one moved to December of this year. I am keeping positive, believing we will sail again soon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoW mAn said:

Carnival provided an update today on the current state of cruising. Rather than sit through a long video here are the important points…

Thanks for the summary.  The aforementioned video was less than 5 minutes long.  If I ever get to a point where I can't sit through a 5-minute video, then I would be in deep trouble healthwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

There are three "events" that can cause the CSO to be cancelled:

• 1 Nov 2021
  • The Sec of HHS declaring the pandemic over (possibly by letting the current declaration expire - it renews quarterly)
  • The CDC rescinds the order

So the CDC can be overridden by the Sec of HHS.  The CDC does not hold all the cards - if the current administration feels that cruising can resume, they have an avenue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 6:40 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

There are three "events" that can cause the CSO to be cancelled:

• 1 Nov 2021
  • The Sec of HHS declaring the pandemic over (possibly by letting the current declaration expire - it renews quarterly)
  • The CDC rescinds the order

So the CDC can be overridden by the Sec of HHS.  The CDC does not hold all the cards - if the current administration feels that cruising can resume, they have an avenue.

Yes but declaring the Pandemic over has impacts on a lot more than just cruising