Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

37 minutes ago, broberts said:

Chronic issues do receive less attention because they are familiar. Heat disease, traffic fatalities, etc. have received as much media attention in the last year as they did in previous years. That is, very little.

Heat desease?

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

this is a link from the NY times which shows information about what percentage is vaccinated not only in US but the world.  Under 16 is obviously not included.  US is doing a great job.  Back in September, some of you should read your posts about when you predicted we would have a vaccine.  The fact that April 24, 2021, a little over 4 months, we are at this point is remarkable.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

It’s incredible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

i am all for a ban on anyone that does not follow the rules of decent society.  rappers will never grasp any form of decency.  what you mentioned is actually a criminal offense.

But only 1 person done the criminal offence not all 7 or however many of them. I can see groups of people at least getting thrown off a ship over masks maybe not banned for life. Banning an entire group for life because 1 person did not want to a wear a mask or 1 person committed criminal damage is a bit harsh.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Bring the economy back from what? For the year 2020 my IRA was up 38% and ytd it's up almost 9%.

Big bucks$$$.

Glad you're doing well, but millions of people lost their jobs last year due to COVID.  We need to get those jobs back if we want to recover financially from COVID.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 4

On 4/23/2021 at 6:22 PM, ace2542 said:

But 1 case of Covid will be all it will take to end the cruise and the lines know it so masks will be mandated forever by the CDC. Cruise lines will lie about Covid outbreak and the CDC knows it. Masks will cause too much trouble onboard including mass bans of passengers and murders and  and lawsuits for millions or even billions so they won't be enforced even in the medium term never mind the longer term. The CDC know that as well. 

The CDC will probably revoke the VSP moving forward. I don't think they have a choice.

This is why there will be no cruising because the thought that all it takes is one case - there have been more than 1 case in people vaccinated in this country so I guess the status quo will stay. 

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

This is why there will be no cruising because the thought that all it takes is one case - there have been more than 1 case in people vaccinated in this country so I guess the status quo will stay. 

A ridiculous idea. If the CDC was worried about single cases, cruising would have been stopped decades ago with the first noro outbreak.

BroadwayBaby - New Hampshire's unemployment rate is only 3.6% as of January 2021.  Can't get much better than that.

North Carolina's is rapidly improving from a high of 14.8% as of April 2020 to 5.7% for February 2021.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, djjoe said:

I'll probably get flamed for this post, but here goes. The Royal Caribbean cruises outside of the USA require the vaccine, why can't we. I'm tired of hearing all the complaints that the CDC is holding up the process. Too many Americans are delaying the process. I'm tired of getting daily e-mails from the cruise line asking us to contact our congressman, CDC, etc. We have cruised over 100 times on Royal, Celebrity and NCL, so I understand that social distancing, better ventilation, masks, etc. aren't really going to work especially on older ships.  I know folks that will never get the vaccine and think the government is taking their rights away. We have been vaccinated, what about our rights and a chance to get back aboard a ship without having to fly to Bermuda, Bahamas, etc. Royal plans to resume in July. Right now most states are offering the vaccine to anyone over 16 that wants it. By summer there's no reason why we can't get back to sea feeling comfortable aboard a ship knowing that all guests are fully vaccinated.

I don’t think I have ever seen a post with 48 likes. Totally agree, RC should have ALL passengers vaccinated in order to cruise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:22 PM, ace2542 said:

......Masks will cause too much trouble onboard including mass bans of passengers and murders.........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

I am still trying to figure out if the people who are not getting the vaccine are holding up the cruise ships or is the Government/CDC holding the cruise ships hostage?

There is cruising going on  out of this country and not everyone who as cruised has been vaccinated  - so what's the hold up here??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I agree -- I am ROTFLMAO every time I read one of his posts.  They are hilariously whacked-out funny without him even trying to interject humor. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t think I have ever seen a post with 48 likes. Totally agree, RC should have ALL passengers vaccinated in order to cruise.

You have to figure everyone on these boards would like to get back on a ship...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Bring the economy back from what? For the year 2020 my IRA was up 38% and ytd it's up almost 9%.

Big bucks$$$.

Really, you are not the only one in this world or are you just bragging? 🙄 Open your eyes and take a look at all the businesses that have closed down or had to lay employees off due to low sales. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I agree -- I am ROTFLMAO every time I read one of his posts.  They are hilariously whacked-out funny without him even trying to interject humor. 

I really don’t know why I quoted his post. Maybe he’s trying to be funny? Not really working for me. There really should be a different laughing emoji, because that one doesn’t show what I think. 😊 I think he should take the advice from post #42 and get with reality.

8 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Glad you're doing well, but millions of people lost their jobs last year due to COVID.  We need to get those jobs back if we want to recover financially from COVID.

Many of those jobs won't come back until US based cruising returns.

Edited by Another_Critic

22 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Big bucks$$$.

What an inconsiderate point of view. Over 570,000 US citizens have died. Over 40,000 children have lost at least one parent and millions of people are out of work.

12 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Heat desease?

Maybe they live in Arizona 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

I really don’t know why I quoted his post. Maybe he’s trying to be funny? Not really working for me. There really should be a different laughing emoji, because that one doesn’t show what I think. 😊 I think he should take the advice from post #42 and get with reality.

Another way to look at it is as a stream of constant nonsense to get our reactions -- just like 🐝 

I would like to think he's not serious.

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

I am still trying to figure out if the people who are not getting the vaccine are holding up the cruise ships or is the Government/CDC holding the cruise ships hostage?

There is cruising going on  out of this country and not everyone who as cruised has been vaccinated  - so what's the hold up here??

The pandemic is holding up the resumption of cruising. COVID is to blame.

So you trust other countries to decide on what is best for the US? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1