Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

He just added fuel to the fire. Now the CDC has another reason to prevent cruise ships from sailing out of Florida.

Will the law apply to ports of call, like the Bahamas where vaccinations will be required ? 

RCCL may not require vaccinations but the Bahamas will after July, so in effect no vaccine NO cruise.

Will flights from Florida to the Bahamas be banned?, 

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

Will the law apply to ports of call, like the Bahamas where vaccinations will be required ? 

RCCL may not require vaccinations but the Bahamas will after July, so in effect no vaccine NO cruise.

We can get there by boat...

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

The air lines aren't requiring it. So I don't think that's an issue.  Vaccines have been required for travel for years (yellow fever) it never seemed to be a problem. If you want to enter a country that requires a vaccine you get the vaccine.

12 minutes ago, mek said:

But I believe there are things that could be done to get cruising started up again from US ports, like lifting the requirement for a ship to have to stop in a foreign port.  We could have cruises in the Caribbean that only go to private islands or cruises to nowhere.  On the west coast, ships could go to Catalina and Alaska.  Cruises could start up again in Hawaii.  There are a lot of possibilities for wonderful cruises without ever leaving the US.

Believe anything you want. Some people believe chloroquine can cure or prevent covid.

There are some wonderful cruises currently sailing in the US. All without objection from the CDC. No need to change any laws.

You may want to learn more about the law you want changed before suggesting such a fundamental alteration.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

The air lines aren't requiring it. So I don't think that's an issue.  Vaccines have been required for travel for years (yellow fever) it never seemed to be a problem. If you want to enter a country that requires a vaccine you get the vaccine.

So if an airline states that vaccination is mandatory for a Bahamas flight, that's OK ?

13 minutes ago, broberts said:

You may want to learn more about the law you want changed before suggesting such a fundamental alteration.

If NCL did it with the Pride of America that cruises Hawaii only, then conceivably, RCI could take one ship and do it as well.  It might come down to a matter of profitability and cost effectiveness.  Since the world has drastically changed post Covid, this might be an alternative that could prove profitable now, IDK. 

19 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Those who seek to only minimize risk are usually wallowing in it unaware.

Something we can agree on completely.

Those who seek to only minimize the risk of covid by ignoring mask and health mandates are the ones who are wallowing in risk unaware.

And for the record, I absolutely believe that cruises could and should start up safely with the caveat of the first cruises going out fully vaccinated, much like NCL's proposal. Then, as things reach herd immunity, start opening them up for the children and the unvaccinated. But get cruises started for the vaccinated who want to cruise.

Edited by cured
  • Like 2

NCL announced they will base Norwegian Joy in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Norwegian Gem in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, in August. A third ship, Norwegian Jade, will sail from Athens from July 25. All passengers and crew will be required to show proof of vaccination.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Last week was really disappointing.  There are some TVs I've had my eyes on on Target recently...

Just remember when you take the 65"+ tv bring a car with a backseat big enough to put it in.  LOL

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, cured said:

Something we can agree on completely.

Those who seek to only minimize the risk of covid by ignoring mask and health mandates are the ones who are wallowing in risk unaware.

And for the record, I absolutely believe that cruises could and should start up safely with the caveat of the first cruises going out fully vaccinated, much like NCL's proposal. Then, as things reach herd immunity, start opening them up for the children and the unvaccinated. But get cruises started for the vaccinated who want to cruise.

I won't ever accept masking has accomplished anything because the real world data proves otherwise.  I wore mine like a good soldier but not so much anymore now that I am fully vaccinated.  Honest question - if you have accepted some risk with being on an airplane and saw my two year old twins the row in front of you without masks on would you be scared, angry, nervous, all the above?  I am considering canceling our flight to Florida in June  (they will be just over 2 years old at time of flight ) because they will be required to wear masks, and they just won't no matter how much we try.   I think it's dumb, but rules are rules.  

Cruises should be sailing with those of us who are vaccinated (assuming crew too) .  Kids/teens not sure what to do?  If masks work so well then they should be allowed on too right?  (just playing devils advocate).  

When given the green light for kids to be vaccinated, my 3 kids will get the shots.  Not sure when that will be!  We all get flu shots, and this one will be no different.  

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Just remember when you take the 65"+ tv bring a car with a backseat big enough to put it in.  LOL

We were planning ahead - taking one of our semi's w/ no plates and pull it around back.  Group effort - everyone take what you can grab in under 5 minutes then we are out of there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

We were planning ahead - taking one of our semi's w/ no plates and pull it around back.  Group effort - everyone take what you can grab in under 5 minutes then we are out of there.  

Just make sure the big box store closes at night and has no alarm system. 

With the rapidly increasing number of people being vaccinated and with the claimed effectiveness of the vaccines, entry requirements to possible ports of call could open more quickly if vaccinations were required.

The tests, however accurate, do not cover all possibilities of infection or transmission making vaccinated visitors a safer entrance requirement.

It would seem safer for not only the tourists but also for those living in the ports that are to be visited.. 

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Thin skin has always been and epidemic on CC especially those who are one cruise line loyalists. The topic just changed from smoking and dress code to masks and vaccines

and getting flamed for just mentioning BMI..don't do it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Last week was really disappointing.  There are some TVs I've had my eyes on on Target recently...

TVs are cheap these days. Find a phone store with 5G phones. That's what I need. 

I sure wish we could just cruise. Show our vaccination card or not. Whatever it takes. Just get on with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mek said:

But I believe there are things that could be done to get cruising started up again from US ports, like lifting the requirement for a ship to have to stop in a foreign port.  We could have cruises in the Caribbean that only go to private islands or cruises to nowhere.  On the west coast, ships could go to Catalina and Alaska.  Cruises could start up again in Hawaii.  There are a lot of possibilities for wonderful cruises without ever leaving the US.

I hate to burst your bubble but Hawaii is part of the U.S., the 50th state. Guess again

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

NCL announced they will base Norwegian Joy in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Norwegian Gem in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, in August. A third ship, Norwegian Jade, will sail from Athens from July 25. All passengers and crew will be required to show proof of vaccination.  

As Greece seem keen to open up to US and UK folk as soon as they can, the Cruises from Athens could fill up quickly.