Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

I'll probably get flamed for this post, but here goes. The Royal Caribbean cruises outside of the USA require the vaccine, why can't we. I'm tired of hearing all the complaints that the CDC is holding up the process. Too many Americans are delaying the process. I'm tired of getting daily e-mails from the cruise line asking us to contact our congressman, CDC, etc. We have cruised over 100 times on Royal, Celebrity and NCL, so I understand that social distancing, better ventilation, masks, etc. aren't really going to work especially on older ships.  I know folks that will never get the vaccine and think the government is taking their rights away. We have been vaccinated, what about our rights and a chance to get back aboard a ship without having to fly to Bermuda, Bahamas, etc. Royal plans to resume in July. Right now most states are offering the vaccine to anyone over 16 that wants it. By summer there's no reason why we can't get back to sea feeling comfortable aboard a ship knowing that all guests are fully vaccinated.

• Like 71
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, djjoe said:

I'll probably get flamed for this post, but here goes. The Royal Caribbean cruises outside of the USA require the vaccine, why can't we. I'm tired of hearing all the complaints that the CDC is holding up the process. Too many Americans are delaying the process. I'm tired of getting daily e-mails from the cruise line asking us to contact our congressman, CDC, etc. We have cruised over 100 times on Royal, Celebrity and NCL, so I understand that social distancing, better ventilation, masks, etc. aren't really going to work especially on older ships.  I know folks that will never get the vaccine and think the government is taking their rights away. We have been vaccinated, what about our rights and a chance to get back aboard a ship without having to fly to Bermuda, Bahamas, etc. Royal plans to resume in July. Right now most states are offering the vaccine to anyone over 16 that wants it. By summer there's no reason why we can't get back to sea feeling comfortable aboard a ship knowing that all guests are fully vaccinated.

You are preaching to the choir.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, djjoe said:

Seriously...let’s go!  

• Like 7

Its not about the vaccine - the Government is sticking it to the cruise Companies for their piece of the pie. This is about more than a vaccine - there could be cruising with or without a vaccine like Europe whose numbers as a whole are far worse than ours. Believe what you want about the vaccine - I am vaccinated but have no issue with people not taking it as its the process of misinformation that is pining us one against the other. If the Vaccine is the miracle we all think it is  - everyone will take it gladly. At this point we are just arguing for the sake of arguing about science we simply don't understand. 

If 75% on country was vaccinated and the cases were manageable there would still be no cruising from the US at this point from the way the cards seem to be stacked up against the cruise lines.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, djjoe said:

By the way millions of people a day are being vaccinated - we are not at the point where the people denying the vaccine are holding up the process - there are simply not 3000 million doses waiting for everyone and are being denied. They are getting the doses but don't have them in hand yet.

The vaccine is not holding up cruising - the government is holding up cruising.

• Like 8

Just now, Stick93 said:

By the way millions of people a day are being vaccinated - we are not at the point where the people denying the vaccine are holding up the process - there are simply not 300 million doses waiting for everyone and are being denied. They are getting the doses but don't have them in hand yet.

The vaccine is not holding up cruising - the government is holding up cruising.

9 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Its not about the vaccine - the Government is sticking it to the cruise Companies for their piece of the pie. This is about more than a vaccine - there could be cruising with or without a vaccine like Europe whose numbers as a whole are far worse than ours. Believe what you want about the vaccine - I am vaccinated but have no issue with people not taking it as its the process of misinformation that is pining us one against the other. If the Vaccine is the miracle we all think it is  - everyone will take it gladly. At this point we are just arguing for the sake of arguing about science we simply don't understand. 

If 75% on country was vaccinated and the cases were manageable there would still be no cruising from the US at this point from the way the cards seem to be stacked up against the cruise lines.  

Nonsense.  "Sticking it to the cruise companies for their piece of the pie"?  What piece of pie would that be?  Exactly what do they gain?

"If the vaccine is the miracle we all think it is" everyone would take it gladly?  It IS a miracle, and folks who are not taking it aren't refusing because they doubt the miraculous nature of it.  It's political in large part and there is a lot of distrust for some reason.  Social media is playing a part in all of this, and not in a good way.  It's just a vehicle for spreading lies and disinformation and people just buy into it.

The cruise lines and the CDC are now actively working together to restart cruising by mid-summer.  You can choose to believe that and be optimistic about it or not, but I know it's not as much fun as bashing the CDC.

• Like 38

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Nonsense.  "Sticking it to the cruise companies for their piece of the pie"?  What piece of pie would that be?  Exactly what do they gain?

"If the vaccine is the miracle we all think it is" everyone would take it gladly?  It IS a miracle, and folks who are not taking it aren't refusing because they doubt the miraculous nature of it.  It's political in large part and there is a lot of distrust for some reason.  Social media is playing a part in all of this, and not in a good way.  It's just a vehicle for spreading lies and disinformation and people just buy into it.

The cruise lines and the CDC are now actively working together to restart cruising by mid-summer.  You can choose to believe that and be optimistic about it or not, but I know it's not as much fun as bashing the CDC.

Amen brother

• Like 10

1 hour ago, djjoe said:

Yes vaccines to cruise.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Correct, this is another Government created problem.

How about people be given options and make the best decision for themselves.  If someone has a clear risk from any condition, they probably should not be cruising to begin with.  I would not rely on anyone else for my safety.  I should have been cruising since June 2019.

There's plenty of vax in Florida and even 20-somethings have been getting it for weeks.  It's over, everyone can make their own choice now.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, djjoe said:

I agree 100%.  Let's do it and get moving!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

If 75% on country was vaccinated and the cases were manageable there would still be no cruising from the US at this point from the way the cards seem to be stacked up against the cruise lines

75% of USA will never be vaccinated and the cases will never be manageable as 1 case of Covid is too many on land never mind on a cruise ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

75% of USA will never be vaccinated and the cases will never be manageable as 1 case of Covid is too many on land never mind on a cruise ship.

Wrong. More like 20% will choose not to be vaccinated but, at that point there will be herd immunity. 

Jonathan

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

1 case of Covid is too many

How many cases of norovirus are too many? How many cases of flu, traffic deaths, cancer, etc are "too many"? 

life is dangerous. None of us gets out alive!

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Wrong. More like 20% will choose not to be vaccinated but, at that point there will be herd immunity. 

Jonathan

You will never get to 75% to put it differently. Be lucky to get above 60% I think. Herd immunity figure keeps moving and does not exist anyway Brazil has proven that.

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Correct, this is another Government created problem.

How about people be given options and make the best decision for themselves.  If someone has a clear risk from any condition, they probably should not be cruising to begin with.  I would not rely on anyone else for my safety.  I should have been cruising since June 2019.

There's plenty of vax in Florida and even 20-somethings have been getting it for weeks.  It's over, everyone can make their own choice now.

Unfortunately we, the vaccinated, don't live in our own personal immunity bubble.  This virus is contagious and mutates.  Until we reach herd immunity, it's akin to saying the police should stop trying to control people; a drunk driver should be able to drive with impunity as people have a choice to buy a vehicle with air bags or "they can stay at home hiding in their basement."  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

How many cases of norovirus are too many? How many cases of flu, traffic deaths, cancer, etc are "too many"? 

life is dangerous. None of us gets out alive!

But 1 case of Covid will be all it will take to end the cruise and the lines know it so masks will be mandated forever by the CDC. Cruise lines will lie about Covid outbreak and the CDC knows it. Masks will cause too much trouble onboard including mass bans of passengers and murders and  and lawsuits for millions or even billions so they won't be enforced even in the medium term never mind the longer term. The CDC know that as well. 

The CDC will probably revoke the VSP moving forward. I don't think they have a choice.

• Haha 1

Just now, cruisinfanatic said:

Hate to tell you, but 50% plus have received at least first shot

They reckon the vaccine uptake figures are dropping down now. I really hope you get there but you might not. At least not without "forcing" people. If it comes to a choice between getting the vaccine and going to college or not going college at all for example what do you think people will do.

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

They reckon the vaccine uptake figures are dropping down now. I really hope you get there but you might not. At least not without "forcing" people. If it comes to a choice between getting the vaccine and going to college or not going college at all for example what do you think people will do.

If you go be eligible adults, it far greater than 50%, since 1/3 of the country are under 18

• Like 3