Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

23 minutes ago, Al Aboard said:

I will call in some time and verify all our bookings are linked in case we sign up for shore excursions or something so we don't get separated.

In the past links weren't used for shore excursions.  You just made sure you all show up at the same time and received the same tour group identifying sticker.  Since excursions are still being reserved through the Personalizer I hope that will continue to be the case.

DuncanBlizzard;  you mentioned that you travel for work.  Do you use a laptop when you travel?  Do you own a laptop; if so, you can download the Medallion Class app to that.  One main reason cruise lines don't want you to bring your own food onboard is because it has not been inspected.  Let's say you bring a bunch of fruit onboard and it turns out there were fruit flies in it; this could cause a big problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

DuncanBlizzard;  you mentioned that you travel for work.  Do you use a laptop when you travel?  Do you own a laptop; if so, you can download the Medallion Class app to that.  One main reason cruise lines don't want you to bring your own food onboard is because it has not been inspected.  Let's say you bring a bunch of fruit onboard and it turns out there were fruit flies in it; this could cause a big problem.

Let alone the legal implications if you got food poisoning from eating your own food!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

Yes, I can get in on my laptop.  Most sections, though, point you to the app.

You can also download the app on a tablet - but it only works in portrait mode.  As I have a keyboard connected to my tablet it in landscape mode 99.99% of the time. 

Not being able to use the app in landscape mode (where you could have it side-by-side with another app - say the source of some of the data to be entered in the app) seems pretty dumb.  On the other hand - the Medallion App team probably have other priorities right now 😉

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think the DR's are open on sea days since so many people on board and not open on port days when most people leave the ship.  Exception is embarkation day when a mid-ship DR is open and usually only repeat cruisers are aware of it.

I mistyped. Sorry. DR is closed for lunch only on port days.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Is this accurate? My laptop works on a Windows system and I'm pretty sure I can't download the medallion app to that platform. 

Edited by skynight

14 minutes ago, skynight said:

Is this accurate? My laptop works on a Windows system and I'm pretty sure I can't download the medallion app to that platform. 

You beat me to it. I was going to point out that 'Laptop' traditionally means Windows - Appletonians usually say MacBook or some such 🙂

23 minutes ago, skynight said:

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

You beat me to it. I was going to point out that 'Laptop' traditionally means Windows - Appletonians usually say MacBook or some such 🙂

I was just about to post the same.  I tried after seeing AF-1's post but couldn't figure out how to load it.  If it is possible, Princess and Microsoft are doing a fine job hiding it!

Edited by capriccio

23 hours ago, DuncanBlizzard said:I have some significant dietary restrictions

I have some significant dietary restrictions

@DuncanBlizzard A couple of years ago we had a tablemate who have a really significant restriction. He'd had throat cancer and the surgery/radiation did a major job on his esophagus. He couldn't swallow "chunks". He sat in the MDR w/his DW and ate what he could, then returned to his cabin and was provided with blenderized food that he could swallow (think baby food consistency).

Now that's a restriction... and Princess took care of it for him.

They'll bend over backward for you. If you can't break through the log jam pre-cruise, just follow up with the appropriate dining staff once you're on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally able to make dinner res. after updating the app.  However there was no option to book Traditional Late dining in the Amalfi dining room with a table of 8.  The only option available was a table for 2 in the Santorini Dining room.  We did however have several time slots available.  

Sure hope by Dec 30 there will be Traditional Late dining available with other guests.  That is one of the things we love about cruising.

Anyone else have a different experience when booking their res for dinner?

>>>>Now that's a restriction... and Princess took care of it for him.

They'll bend over backward for you. If you can't break through the log jam pre-cruise, just follow up with the appropriate dining staff once you're on the ship.

Thank you!  I'm much more comfortable now that I've seen sample menus and am not overly concerned.

And I use a windows laptop (didn't even know chromebooks were android).

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuncanBlizzard said:

>>>>Now that's a restriction... and Princess took care of it for him.

Thank you!  I'm much more comfortable now that I've seen sample menus and am not overly concerned.

And I use a windows laptop (didn't even know chromebooks were android).

Thanks!

Chromebooks run ChromeOS not Android.  But the later Chromebooks can run Android apps.  I guess since Google owns them both they thought it was a good idea.

8 minutes ago, ClassyApplePie said:

Still not able to set dinner reservations for Dec 2021 cruise. Update still not working...will keep trying.

Yes, good point.  I know it was down due to recent MC App version update, but has anyone been able to view existing res or check to make a new one in the past couple of days?  Trying to figure out if DMW is 100% off-line or working for some voyages.

21 minutes ago, ClassyApplePie said:

Still not able to set dinner reservations for Dec 2021 cruise. Update still not working...will keep trying.

Have you tried to make a reservation for a single day?  I can do that but I can't make a reservation for the entire cruise for the same time.

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, good point.  I know it was down due to recent MC App version update, but has anyone been able to view existing res or check to make a new one in the past couple of days?  Trying to figure out if DMW is 100% off-line or working for some voyages.

I was able to access our existing dinner ressies  (cruises in Nov. & May) yesterday on the DMW  ---but just a day or 2 before, I couldn't....seems you never know any given day whether it'll work or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

I was able to access our existing dinner ressies  (cruises in Nov. & May) yesterday on the DMW  ---but just a day or 2 before, I couldn't....seems you never know any given day whether it'll work or not.

Thanks.  Apple or Android?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

On iPad & iPhone - updated app today and I could make reservations for our October B2B.

Our December reservations carried over from our original booking and are still there. 🤞