Restart schedule

3 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Pcardad - Is the drydock period going to be "just about engines", or are they also doing any interior upgrades/replacements (furnishings, decor, carpeting, etc.)?  I was wondering if they were going to be "spiffing things up" prior to the WC?

I have the same question. The Mariner was supposed to go to dry dock after the 2021 WC. I hope more then “just about engines”. Seems like Regent has enough time to spiff up the ship along with the engines.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, Damaris1900 said:

There will be a lot more opening up I understand when New Mexico hits 60% of the population being fully vaccinated.  We're at about 54% fully vaccinated right now, so keep checking!

Scored opera tickets; they opened up almost ten minutes before announced time so I got in early.

Back to cruising . . .

With Cunard's cancellation of both 2022 World Cruises, is cancellation of Mariner a possibility?  As cruise is totally within Pacific I would think it would be easier to modify (e.g., remove NZ and OZ) than true world cruises.

14 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Scored opera tickets; they opened up almost ten minutes before announced time so I got in early.

Back to cruising . . .

With Cunard's cancellation of both 2022 World Cruises, is cancellation of Mariner a possibility?  As cruise is totally within Pacific I would think it would be easier to modify (e.g., remove NZ and OZ) than true world cruises.

I think they will cancel but held off to spread out the bad news.....how can they even go to Australia and NZ when they are still shut down...not to mention Asia.

Pcardad:  

Ouch!  We are scheduled to be on the last-leg of that Mariner 2022 World Cruise:  Tokyo to San Francisco.  This was after a somewhat similar April-May 2021 segment on Explorer was canceled.  Somewhat of a Debbie Downer situation, given that your past prognostications as to future scheduling changes have been uncannily accurate.

GOARMY!

24 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Pcardad:  

Ouch!  We are scheduled to be on the last-leg of that Mariner 2022 World Cruise:  Tokyo to San Francisco.  This was after a somewhat similar April-May 2021 segment on Explorer was canceled.  Somewhat of a Debbie Downer situation, given that your past prognostications as to future scheduling changes have been uncannily accurate.

GOARMY!

I hope I am wrong - I am on a few segments myself.

Edited by Pcardad

I haven’t been paying much attention to the restart schedule of Regent (or any other line). There are too many “go or no go” questions for which I have no answer. Like, will masks be required onboard for us fully vaccinated? Do we have to take inaccurate quick tests to board each time we embark or re-embark?  Do we need to take those tests to get back in the US? Will we be required to take ship’s excursions to leave the ship at ports of call?  Until I get binding answers to these questions, we will not book any cruise.

49 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

I haven’t been paying much attention to the restart schedule of Regent (or any other line). There are too many “go or no go” questions for which I have no answer. Like, will masks be required onboard for us fully vaccinated? Do we have to take inaccurate quick tests to board each time we embark or re-embark?  Do we need to take those tests to get back in the US? Will we be required to take ship’s excursions to leave the ship at ports of call?  Until I get binding answers to these questions, we will not book any cruise.

Wow!  Answers to most of those questions are on Regent website; can they change, of course.  I have a trip booked to Durango in a few weeks and I can't get a straight answer on masks; but I am still going.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I think they will cancel but held off to spread out the bad news.....how can they even go to Australia and NZ when they are still shut down...not to mention Asia.

Although I am not booked on any, I truly hope they don't have to cancel the world cruises again.  Obviously, ports will have to change but cancellation would be so disappointing to all those involved!  If they do have to make that dreadful decision, I certainly hope that they will wait until all those affected by the last round of cancellations are satisfactorily dealt with.  I can't imagine the customer service folks trying to deal with all of that at once!

4 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Those answers are all very clear:

- Regent says that masks are not required because of 100% vaccination

- There will be a test upon boarding

- At the current time, federal rules say that everyone flying to the US needs a test, vaccinated or not, nothing to do with the cruise lines

- if a port requires cruise line tours only, that is what happens. Otherwise, you can go out on your own.

This is not hard to figure out, you just need to read the rules.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I hope I am wrong - I am on a few segments myself.

We are booked on the world cruise. Regent sent us an email that they will go ahead with the cruise, and will try to replace ports as needed. We have another month after final payment to cancel and get a full refund. We will go ahead and see what happens.

I am wondering if they would go with only world cruisers since it would it make easier to change ports (no air changes), plus we would be in a bubble.

Anyway, nothing else to book we will see what happens.

7 hours ago, BBWC said:

We are booked on the world cruise. Regent sent us an email that they will go ahead with the cruise, and will try to replace ports as needed. We have another month after final payment to cancel and get a full refund. We will go ahead and see what happens.

I am wondering if they would go with only world cruisers since it would it make easier to change ports (no air changes), plus we would be in a bubble.

Anyway, nothing else to book we will see what happens.

You lose the bubble the second you step off the ship...special excursions or not. You are better off with fully vaccinated passengers than with local populace who may or may not be adhering to protocol.  The 2022 cruise was broken up into many legs...something like 14 or 15...due to weaker sales than expected. I hope it goes for personal reasons but I called a friend in Australia last night and they and NZ are still locked down...and what do you do about Asia....so may cruises just cancel that were planned for there. Maybe it will sail to Hawaii, circle the islands 43 times and return home.

We are booked on the Papeete to Auckland segment of the 2022 WC.  Unlike BBWC, we have received NO communications from Regent reassuring us that the cruise is sailing, with or without changes in ports of call.  So maybe BBWC's suspicions that it will sail with only those booked for the full WC has some merit?

I'm beginning to get a complex, however.  If the WC or just our sailing on our selected segment is cancelled, that will make us four time losers in the quest to sail with Regent for the first time.  Maybe everyone should check with us on cruise plans first and then book something DIFFERENT!

Take care,

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, loriva said:

We are booked on the Papeete to Auckland segment of the 2022 WC.  Unlike BBWC, we have received NO communications from Regent reassuring us that the cruise is sailing, with or without changes in ports of call.  So maybe BBWC's suspicions that it will sail with only those booked for the full WC has some merit?

I'm beginning to get a complex, however.  If the WC or just our sailing on our selected segment is cancelled, that will make us four time losers in the quest to sail with Regent for the first time.  Maybe everyone should check with us on cruise plans first and then book something DIFFERENT!

Take care,

Our record of cancellations with Regent now stands at five. We have seven future Regent cruises booked. We hold our breath and wait… Hoping the future is better than these last 15 months…looking forward to just getting on a ship. Really don’t care where!

sheila 

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Maybe it will sail to Hawaii, circle the islands 43 times and return home.

We can also go to French Polynesia, and Alaska at the end.😉

Interestingly, Seabourn has done something similar, cancelling their Asia and Aus/NZ cruises, but saying that the world cruise (also Pacific Rim) will go ahead.  I assume that both Regent and Seabourn are at least talking to the relevant authorities.

On May 26 two of our eagerly anticipated Regent cruises were cancelled 😕

First to go was Explorer next March in the Far East. Partially understandable given the itinerary but we were still surprised that Regent chose to cancel 10 months in advance of the sailing.

This week we were pleased to receive a refund of our deposit invested with Regent for two years; but of course that doesn’t compensate for the disappointment of losing the exceptional cruise itinerary and 3 day pre-cruise. 

Also this was one of two cancelled cruises on which we had the benefit of the “Return with Regent” promotion which included $1000 shipboard credit on each cruise. Those benefits have now been forfeited as they are non-transferable 🤨

Our second disappointment resulted from Regent’s decision to defer the re-start date for Mariner to December 18.  Unfortunately our 28 night booking straddled that date. 

The only offer made by Regent was to replace our 28 night Panama Canal Christmas cruise on Mariner with an 11 night pre-Christmas Caribbean cruise on Explorer. Although there was an equivalent B2B cruise on Explorer available (taking in Christmas & the Panama Canal), Regent would not offer that as a replacement.

Eventually Regent agreed that we could retain the second segment of our original booking - 18 nights on Mariner - so we are thankful to still have Christmas transiting the panama Canal, albeit on a shorter cruise. 

We still do not understand the rationale behind the decision to replace the Mariner cruises but are glad for those who benefited from the changes to similar cruises on Explorer.

We are now hoping that the USA will allow us Brits to enter the country in December and that NCLH will have settled the spat with Florida so that we are able to join our cruise in Miami 🤞 

We are also seeking a suitable replacement cruise for next March …………. but no joy thus far.

Let’s hope we are now at the end of the monthly round of cruise cancellations and that Regent will return to providing their excellent on-board experience as scheduled 😎

• Like 4

On 6/27/2021 at 10:02 AM, flossie009 said:

First to go was Explorer next March in the Far East. Partially understandable given the itinerary but we were still surprised that Regent chose to cancel 10 months in advance of the sailing.

This week we were pleased to receive a refund of our deposit invested with Regent for two years; but of course that doesn’t compensate for the disappointment of losing the exceptional cruise itinerary and 3 day pre-cruise. 

Also this was one of two cancelled cruises on which we had the benefit of the “Return with Regent” promotion which included $1000 shipboard credit on each cruise. Those benefits have now been forfeited as they are non-transferable 🤨

Our second disappointment resulted from Regent’s decision to defer the re-start date for Mariner to December 18.  Unfortunately our 28 night booking straddled that date. 

The only offer made by Regent was to replace our 28 night Panama Canal Christmas cruise on Mariner with an 11 night pre-Christmas Caribbean cruise on Explorer. Although there was an equivalent B2B cruise on Explorer available (taking in Christmas & the Panama Canal), Regent would not offer that as a replacement.

Eventually Regent agreed that we could retain the second segment of our original booking - 18 nights on Mariner - so we are thankful to still have Christmas transiting the panama Canal, albeit on a shorter cruise. 

We still do not understand the rationale behind the decision to replace the Mariner cruises but are glad for those who benefited from the changes to similar cruises on Explorer.

We are now hoping that the USA will allow us Brits to enter the country in December and that NCLH will have settled the spat with Florida so that we are able to join our cruise in Miami 🤞 

We are also seeking a suitable replacement cruise for next March …………. but no joy thus far.

Let’s hope we are now at the end of the monthly round of cruise cancellations and that Regent will return to providing their excellent on-board experience as scheduled 😎

It is now the 28th of June and Regent has not announced any changes.  We are hoping what is on paper for the next year and a half is settled itinerary.  Now we are waiting for what cruises are planned for the rest of 2023, especially when will the inaugural cruise of Grandeur take place.

8 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Again?  Or were these the kids from last week?

They tested positive this weekend I think and today was the first trading day.....NCLH fell less than RCL and Carnival though which was interesting.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, flossie009 said:

We are Brits living in France. We're booked on the Explorer cruise out of Miami on December 20. Like you I hope that we are allowed into the USA but today I have read that the States have not yet approved the AZ vaccine so may not accept travellers who have had it. That will  be bad news for me although my OH had the Pfizer vacc.

We're also Brits living in France and booked out of Miami for Feb 2022. I hadn't seen that the US hasn't yet approved the AZ vaccine, luckily we've both had the Pfizer one. I had hoped that a corridor might open up between France/EU and US, as Americans are now welcome in Europe, but no sign of that yet. When is the next review of travel to US, does anyone know? I assume that we will have to cancel/rebook if we can't enter the USA.