Cruise clothes.

Lily lady

10 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have clothes from when I was 16 years old that still fit now I am in my 60's, lovely scarf and gloves too.

The only thing when I was 16 and 8 stone that is the same now at 64 and 14 stone is my Shoe Size.

🤫😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We do, the spare bedroom wardrobes are for our cruise clobber. 

Well that is a system.  One thing I have also noticed is laundry labels on some of my shirts.  Some have more than one label and certain cruise lines use your cabin number as the label.

Regards John

15 hours ago, SarahHben said:

When my mum went on her first cruise years ago I went clothes shopping with her and she bought a beautiful long dress from Debenhams. I’m going to miss our local store.

I agree with you, I have bought quite a few dresses from there. The last one was for my daughter's wedding last March. Our local store didn't reopen after the first lockdown meaning our nearest store was Plymouth and I haven't ventured that far since!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, SarahHben said:

You’re very good having a clear out. I have plenty that don’t fit too but I’m keeping them in the hope that I’ll fit into them again.

Im guilty of that too!

Wait til you’ve had your  first cruise, sometimes it’s months before I have a cruise and I see a black and white dress ‘ooh that would be ideal for black and white night’ 😊😉Hubby just groans!

Edited by P&O SUE

Actually talking about black and white night reminds me ...

On our first cruise I somehow thought black and white night was a casual night. When I realised it was the second formal night I was glad I had a black dress but I didn’t have anything white. The ship had one of their ‘table stall’ sales and they had some white  pashminas for £7.99. I couldn’t decide, then decided to go back and get one - all the white ones had gone!! 

So- woman’s logic - I ended up buying a black and white necklace and earrings for £25 😂

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Actually talking about black and white night reminds me ...

On our first cruise I somehow thought black and white night was a casual night. When I realised it was the second formal night I was glad I had a black dress but I didn’t have anything white. The ship had one of their ‘table stall’ sales and they had some white  pashminas for £7.99. I couldn’t decide, then decided to go back and get one - all the white ones had gone!! 

So- woman’s logic - I ended up buying a black and white necklace and earrings for £25 😂

The amount of dresses tops etc i am finding and wanting to buy is enormous, but common sense kicking in and i am restraining myself. But once cruising  restarts£££££. Can't wait.

• Like 2

Where is it listed on P&O's site how many formal nights there will be on each cruise - I've been searching and can't see it anywhere.

Booking my first cruise (a 3 day UK 'staycation' in July) and I'm not sure whether any of the nights need formal wear...

23 minutes ago, smollett said:

Where is it listed on P&O's site how many formal nights there will be on each cruise - I've been searching and can't see it anywhere.

Booking my first cruise (a 3 day UK 'staycation' in July) and I'm not sure whether any of the nights need formal wear...

It’s normally 2 per week but the new ship Iona is going to be 1 per week. The short cruises are normally 1 formal night, not sure about these seacation ones though. Judging by posts on Facebook there is one formal night. It usually shows on the Cruise Personaliser after you’ve booked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sounds perfectly logical to me 😂

I started buying my cruise wardrobe in Jan 2019, now I’ve got to diet to fit in it all 🥴

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My cruise dresses seem to want to hug me tightly at the moment... any idea why this might be?!!?!!!

I have until February to lose a few pounds but there is Christmas to consider and all that chocolate....

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

My cruise dresses seem to want to hug me tightly at the moment... any idea why this might be?!!?!!!

I have until February to lose a few pounds but there is Christmas to consider and all that chocolate....

Michelle

Well, my theory Michelle is that as they have been packed away in a wardrobe - they have shrunk because they’ve not being worn. Mine have reacted in exactly the same way.

On the plus side (ha ha) you have over 8 months to either stretch them or lose a few pounds!

I’ve admitted defeat and got rid of any that were smaller than a size 14.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, yorkshirephil said:

We do, the spare bedroom wardrobes are for our cruise clobber. 

Same here. During lockdown

I got an Adriana Pappadelli black velvet gown reduced to £63 from £210 and it's on my tailors dummy awaiting the hem taken up as I'm a short ass 😜😂😝

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, smollett said:

Life On Board - What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?| Frequently Asked Questions | P&O Cruises | Complete Cruise Solution

Not part of P&O's site, but in the pre-pandemic days this is where you could find numbers of formal nights and expected theme nights.

Hopefully this will be updated soon with the staycation cruises.  Maybe.......

On 5/17/2021 at 10:53 PM, delgirl said:

All my cruise clothes fit me like a glove. Not sure if they should look like that😀😀

What is most important is to feel free and comfortable in what you wear. It doesnt really matter what it is as long as you are comfortable with it