Word of warning

Waju

Just wanted to warn everyone.........................it would appear that being in lockdown has caused cruise clothes to shrink in the wardrobe!

On a positive note though my shoes still fit ☺️

• Like 8
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Waju said:

Just wanted to warn everyone.........................it would appear that being in lockdown has caused cruise clothes to shrink in the wardrobe!

On a positive note though my shoes still fit ☺️

In today's wear anything world of cruising,  Bow Tie, Boxer Shorts and Shoes should be ok. ... 😂

50 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Sadly, clothing has been known to shrink during a cruise, as well.  Is it the salt air?

Mine always seem to shrink whether on a cruise or land based vacation. So I’m definitely of the opinion it’s something in the air! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Sadly, clothing has been known to shrink during a cruise, as well.  Is it the salt air?

You know when you go for dinner and the cabin steward comes in to turn down your bed?  Well I think they bring someone with them who takes in the side seams of your clothes by a quarter of an inch 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Waju said:

You know when you go for dinner and the cabin steward comes in to turn down your bed?  Well I think they bring someone with them who takes in the side seams of your clothes by a quarter of an inch 😉

Quarter?? More like half! 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waju said:

JUSRN is this not a phenomenon is the USA then? ☺️

most crew across all lines refer the US passengers as cows 🤭 and before any bashing, yes, I am from the US

We went to Mexico a few months back with another couple.  On our first night there, my friend said to the group.  "We have only been here for 4 hours, and already my shorts don't fit anymore".  It was hilarious! Definitely something in the air. 

• Haha 1

This reminds me of a joke I heard at a comedy show, where the comedian said they were sneaking into the gym every morning and adjusting the weights on the scale so that it weighed a pound heavier each successive day of the cruise. Hahaha!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 3:56 AM, DFWGUYZ said:

most crew across all lines refer the US passengers as cows 🤭 and before any bashing, yes, I am from the US

Why do crew members call them cows?

Is it because they can be milked easily for tips?

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I believe because of the grazing at the buffet, like cows in a pasture...at least that is my understanding.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DFWGUYZ said:

I believe because of the grazing at the buffet, like cows in a pasture...at least that is my understanding.

In the galley, there are instructions on what to expect from Americans, Canadians, British, Australians, etc and how to treat them.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, drsel said:

I was chatting with our assistant Butler during a YC cruise in the Med, and he was telling me that he was very happy that the ship (Divina) was being moved to the US to do Caribbean cruises.  He said he was so excited because Americans are less likely to remove gratuities and more like to tip lavishly above and beyond the automatic gratuities.

21 hours ago, drsel said:

In the galley, there are instructions on what to expect from Americans, Canadians, British, Australians, etc and how to treat them.

It would be interesting to see the difference between what they expect from each nationality.  Some countries have a culture of not tipping generally but, for exceptions of excellence.