The Daily for Sunday May 16, 2021

richwmn

9 minutes ago, dfish said:

The card is through my credit union, but it said US Bank. 

We have something similar with a business credit card at work. The card is from our local bank and has its name on it, but our bank doesn't issue personal credit cards and has all the servicing done by another bank. It's not helpful when they're trying to get in touch with you and you know that you don't have an account with them.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I appreciate everyone's prayers and support yesterday. I worked in healthcare so I know to advocate for myself. I was at a level 2 trauma hospital last night, and it was quite interesting to see their ER in comparison to where I went at first. I did get Lovenox last night and some IV fluids. Labs looked ok. I got home around 2:30AM. I had set my alarm for 7:30 to call to schedule the US. And it was my first good night's sleep even if only 4-1/2 hours. I went in at 8:30 today and had the bilateral leg US. The technician said she couldn't tell me the result, but she wouldn't be letting me leave if it had been positive. So no explanation for my D-Dimer of 1150 (normal les than 500), unless whatever caused my week of fever, headache and malaise was the culprit. I'll be seeing my PCP tomorrow or Tuesday. I feel quite good today, so that's a blessing. Maybe the fluids helped even though my labs didn't look like I was dehydrated.

Vanessa

Very happy you didn’t have a blood clot. Good luck tomorrow at your pc.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Well, today has been an interesting day.   I was getting text messages about my credit card and charges, but It wasn't coming from a bank I recognized.   So, I tried to check my credit card balance.   Couldn't get into my account online.   So, I called them.  Someone has been trying to have a fun shopping spree all over the country buying who knows what - furniture, music, clothing, etc.  I've never heard of most of these stores.  

Now, the good news is that the credit card company recognized these as fraud right away and did not authorize the transactions.  And, we got on it pretty quickly.   So, the account is shut down and they are issuing me a new card.  

@Cruzin Terri I am feeling a little bit of your pain.   Not to the extent you are, but still you feel so violated.

Oh I am so sorry this is happening to you.  I hope it is resolved quickly.  A number of years ago someone tried to book a trip on Croatian Airlines???? On my AMEX card (didn’t even know there was such an airline) and booked 8 rental cars from Alamo in France.    I have all kinds of security stops in place and still they are not enough.  I hope you can get through this without too much trouble,  You’re in my prayers and check your credit reports.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Oh I am so sorry this is happening to you.  I hope it is resolved quickly.  A number of years ago someone tried to book a trip on Croatian Airlines???? On my AMEX card (didn’t even know there was such an airline) and booked 8 rental cars from Alamo in France.    I have all kinds of security stops in place and still they are not enough.  I hope you can get through this without too much trouble,  You’re in my prayers and check your credit reports.

God Bless.

Terri

We may have you beat on an obscure airline.  The day after we rented a car in Walvis Bay, someone tried to purchase an airline ticket out of Cape Town on Air Namibia.  The bank that issued the card declined the puchase and sent us a message.  Fortunately, we had another card with us.

We got a new card and account number too.

Lenda

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God Bless.

Terri

I think it is all taken care of.  I just verified that none of the attempted transactions were from me.  No charges to me, of course, and no loss to the credit card company since they never authorized the purchases.   The hardest part is going to be waiting for the new card to arrive.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

I think it is all taken care of.  I just verified that none of the attempted transactions were from me.  No charges to me, of course, and no loss to the credit card company since they never authorized the purchases.   The hardest part is going to be waiting for the new card to arrive.

And remembering auto payments on the card. Just had to do that in March. 

• Like 7

Thanks for all the daily reports.

Thanks to those who shared photos of Alesund.

@JazzyV thanks for  update, pleased that you are home and have had a better sleep.

@Vict0riannsuch a beautiful blue Iris.

This morning I cut back our Chrysanthemums that have finished flowering.

Pleasant sunny day, but snow forecast for tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Intriguing collection of days.  Love trees - they are so beautiful and so important to our environment.

85E66EC7-2C32-4BF2-81E3-878A20E033AF.jpeg.8212719c0a782a28efbcef097701f942.jpeg

OMG - sea monkeys have their own day?  I remember seeing the ads in my younger years.

E63260EA-5AE7-4C89-BC2B-494B091530AD.thumb.png.dceb3ecd9a10c5e52a2b0169efb8e7cd.png

I was surprised at Purple for Peace Day.  It was created to encourage peace as it was thought we earthlings were too hostile for alien visits.  So, it’s goal was to make the world a peaceful place to encourage alien species to make contact with earth. 😱

Love the quote by Pasternak.  Not sure about the meal suggestion, I’ll have to see what Debbie has to say about it.  The champagne sounds tempting except I’m afraid of the price tag.  Cat may surprise me though 😉 

Hoping @rafinmdis improving and doing well at home and worried about @JazzyVand hoping she gets to the hospital for her ultra sound and some answers. 🙏🏻 

Another busy day with the guys coming for more deck work and my 2 hour drive to pick up the “boys”.  I am counting on the deck floor being dry this morning 😉  

Today’s Care List:

Kakalina

Roy’s (rafinmd) recovery from his cardiac surgery

Welfare of furloughed crews

India

JazzyV eye issues & visits to ER, no diagnosis & pending ultrasound

Garlictown difficult recovery from arm surgery

NextOne’s DH  undergoing radiation & hopes for rehab next week

Dani Negreanu - CC poster in Israel facing the bomb strikes

StLouisCruisers’s DS surgery recovery & her DB facing surgery

57redbird’s DH’s knee surgery recovery and she as caregiver

Hoping St. Louis Sal’s drug trial is a success

Hoping VMax1700’s DW’s new medication from oncologist works

Highland Chaser 1957’s DH dental work & her BIL in ICU

Cruizin Terri’s struggle with fraudulent Fed Ex charges

Today’s Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Welcome home Roy’s (rafinmd) after your successful cardiac surgery

Sharon in AZ’s DGD recovering from concussion

Crazy For Cats recovery from reaction to 2nd jab

Welcome home DeeniEncinitas

Next One now has clear water

JazzyV negative covid test

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain (I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Garden Club enthusiasts - take a look at your perennials - if any need splitting, now is the time to do it - otherwise you will need to wait for the Fall.  

Prayers for everyone on the Care list and for those that need them & 🥂 to those on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

F7796CC7-CC71-41C9-9E55-400B9C87891D.jpeg.1dee51f7291a92514247e46a924c00d1.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your mask 😷 

Thanks for the Care and Shout Out List.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good Sunday morning.  Love the collection of days and the quote.  Will wait for Debbie's recipe before I think about the meal.  Have not been to the port, hope photo's follow.

Prayers and toasts for our lists.  Roy continue to take it slow and easy.  @JazzyVplease keep us informed, prayers are following you. A neighbor that I thought had gone North has been in the hospital with covid for 30 days.  We are not out of the woods yet.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask. 

Butterbeer Meets an Old Fashioned:

Ingredients

• 2 OZ. SPICED RUM
  • 3/4 OZ. BUTTERSCOTCH SCHNAPPS
  • ½ OZ. PEACH BRANDY
  • ½ OZ. GINGER SCHNAPPS
  • MARASCHINO CHERRIES
  • GLASS TYPE: OLD FASHIONED

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 7.04.19 AM.png

Sounds good

• Like 3

3 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily reports.

Thanks to those who shared photos of Alesund.

@JazzyV thanks for  update, pleased that you are home and have had a better sleep.

@Vict0riannsuch a beautiful blue Iris.

This morning I cut back our Chrysanthemums that have finished flowering.

Pleasant sunny day, but snow forecast for tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

The news this evening said it was 4 in Queenstown and I asked Pat if there were any other Queenstowns besides New Zealand !    Must have been the Remarkables...  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

A view of the outside bridge wing on the Prinsendam with Captain D. D. and a member of his staff.  I guess the third person is the pilot but I can't say for sure.enhance

Late at the show today 😴  Yes, you are correct young lady!  Besides P-dam's able Norwegian master (wearing a non-standard jacket, but he can, because he's the captain 😉), the officer with the portable radio in his hand (communication with the fwd mooring deck officer, the aft mooring deck officer, and the security officer at the gangway) is his No.2, the staff captain, and the third individual wearing the orange type III PFD coat with SOLAS-approved reflective tape is the Alesund harbor pilot 😉

A little added tidbit; even though the captain and pilot speak the same language, that being Norge, the language spoken on the bridge, or in this case, open bridge wing (no more of those on HAL with P-dam's departure, is always English 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Late at the show today 😴  Yes, you are correct young lady!  Besides P-dam's able Norwegian master (wearing a non-standard jacket, but he can, because he's the captain 😉), the officer with the portable radio in his hand (communication with the fwd mooring deck officer, the aft mooring deck officer, and the security officer at the gangway) is his No.2, the staff captain, and the third individual wearing the orange type III PFD coat with SOLAS-approved reflective tape is the Alesund harbor pilot 😉

A little added tidbit; even though the captain and pilot speak the same language, that being Norge, the language spoken on the bridge, or in this case, open bridge wing (no more of those on HAL with P-dam's departure, is always English 

Thanks for the confirmation, Copper-John.  Speaking English on the bridge like the pilots do in the cockpit.  🙂

I noticed Captain's jacket looked different than usual.  One from his personal collection perhaps.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for the confirmation, Copper-John.  Speaking English on the bridge like the pilots do in the cockpit.  🙂

I noticed Captain's jacket looked different than usual.  One from his personal collection perhaps.

A lot of the Deck officers purchase their own for places like the Alaska season, Northern Europe, Antarctica, etc. I was one of them (plus was given a nice heavy one with flotation inside by my boss, the staff captain on Amsterdam) but most are dark blue or black with shoulder straps for rank insignia

• Like 3