The Daily for Sunday May 16, 2021

richwmn

So happy happy happy Roy is home, procedure behind you, recovery ahead! Prayers answered! So nice to see Denise home and posting again. Love to my sisters! All is well..

Thanks Rich for our Daily.

I remember taping quarters to a card and sending for the sea monkeys. I tired of them pretty quickly after I won a gold fish at our schools fair.

Rain is in our future for the next week. I have just a few more plants to go in and we will be finished. 

Love and blessings to all.

• Like 18

Thanks Rich and all. I envy those who have names and handles of the other posters down to where they can pop the names in. I read and pray and cheer for all but when I think to add names they fly out of my head. Just know I’m thinking and grateful for each of you and you know who you are. 

• Like 16

image.thumb.jpeg.763417497ffd8a4b69c74681302cb9de.jpeg
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

@JazzyV 

🌴I hope this am they have done the ultra sound!! I am so surprised 

not one technician was on duty! Giving a injection of blood thinners is understandable but my feeling was they should of kept you for observation. I worried about you off and on all night! Debbie and Teri both pushed you to get help! Thankyou  for taking the advise! 🙏’s going your way and PLEASE KEEP US ALL POSTED❤️
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

@rafinmd

🌺 Roy! So glad you slept well!

Have a beautiful Sunday! Take it easy and enjoy baby steps today 

with walking around your neighborhood. Isn’t wonderful feeling so much better? I remember when in Alaska you went to see the doctor there in regards to the swelling in your leg.

Glad to see you posting.

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Let us all make this Sunday special by doing one kind deed of any kind and pass it on! Yesterday I was at our local market a homeless woman was wandering down the isles and noticed a can of chili in her hand and walking slow! I felt so bad for her. When I checked out I told Victoria the clerk to please know I will pay for the can of chili. I gave her $5.00 and she said thank you! I was putting my groceries in my car 

and noticed the women had walked out with the can of chili and was trying to open the flip can 

and right at that time Victoria came out and gave her the $5.00 and  she took it crying and said thank you! She said no don’t thank me thank your angel. 
“What ever she does with the money in my heart it felt good”

🌺That is how I feel being on The Daily. We all help each other!

Denise😊

• Like 27

43 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So happy happy happy Roy is home, procedure behind you, recovery ahead! Prayers answered! So nice to see Denise home and posting again. Love to my sisters! All is well..

Ditto! Right back at you sweet sis!

❤️

• Like 7

Good morning all. Like all of you, I am waiting to hear from @JazzyV. Worrying..... especially when someone lives alone. One of my neighbors watches my blinds in the morning to see if I have raised them. This is one of the benefits of being in a condo.

Sunny here today but we may get some rain in the next few days. The painters are working on our buildings so that should bring it on.

Am loving the port pictures. I would love to go back to Norway and just about anywhere and everywhere else. 

Susan

• Like 15

26 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.763417497ffd8a4b69c74681302cb9de.jpeg

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Let us all make this Sunday special by doing one kind deed of any kind and pass it on! Yesterday I was at our local market a homeless woman was wandering down the isles and noticed a can of chili in her hand and walking slow! I felt so bad for her. When I checked out I told Victoria the clerk to please know I will pay for the can of chili. I gave her $5.00 and she said thank you! I was putting my groceries in my car 

and noticed the women had walked out with the can of chili and was trying to open the flip can 

and right at that time Victoria came out and gave her the $5.00 and  she took it crying and said thank you! She said no don’t thank me thank your angel. 
“What ever she does with the money in my heart it felt good”

🌺That is how I feel being on The Daily. We all help each other!

Denise😊

Denise this is SO you, thinking of someone and helping them. I promise to pass along your kindness as well. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

I sure hope we hear from @JazzyV soon!

@rafinmd - good to see that you are recovering!

I hope to finish planting the window boxes and the large planters today. In the meantime, here are some recent random shots from the front gardens. 

20210513_114750.thumb.jpg.66cb72b33a7fd9e74d9e029f988364ec.jpg20210513_115325.thumb.jpg.0759a3a84524d8a51271e696a80ffa78.jpg20210513_115408.thumb.jpg.a25d0a3c8af6e2773888de093b2d7903.jpg20210513_115006.thumb.jpg.69865e4c6a7122d6e86f897ea13eb09a.jpg

Gorgeous Fred 🙂.  Thanks for sharing 😄I suspect your weather must be a bit warmer sooner than ours.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thanks Rich and all. I envy those who have names and handles of the other posters down to where they can pop the names in. I read and pray and cheer for all but when I think to add names they fly out of my head. Just know I’m thinking and grateful for each of you and you know who you are. 

Don’t feel bad about the names.  It took me quite awhile to learn the ones I do know.

Lenda

• Like 8

i keep checking to see if @JazzyV has posted and am disappointed she has not.  I am very worried about her and like the others did not sleep very well last night thinking about her.  Just finished church today and she was in my prayers.  Please give us an update as soon as you have one.  

God bless,

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

i keep checking to see if @JazzyV has posted and am disappointed she has not.  I am very worried about her and like the others did not sleep very well last night thinking about her.  Just finished church today and she was in my prayers.  Please give us an update as soon as you have one.  

God bless,

Terri

If she’s at outpatients, she could have quite the wait with it being the weekend and Sunday.  Just a thought.

If they found a clot, they might be checking in her in.  I hope she took something so she can let us know, in case 🤞 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God bless,

Terri

I am, too.  We've had a busy weekend so just checked in late last night and saw Vanessa was not doing well.  She's had symptoms building for quite sometime here, and it has been worrisome all along.  I know from personal experience that when the body goes haywire, there's a reason for it.  Thoughts and prayers for our @JazzyV and hoping we hear from her soon.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, all.  Thanks to Rich, Jacqui and all who post.  I'm thinking of @JazzyV and Roy, too, today and hoping all is as it should be....  Just hope we hear from her soon, and at least we are in touch with Roy!

It looks like it's going to be a nice day here, too.  Yesterday was just gorgeous, a summer afternoon, but we are supposed to go back to more Spring-like weather (i.e. rain) during the week.  I have a rhododendron to plant, I will try to get it in today.  Plus a few ferns.  

We haven't been to Alesund, but it is on the itinerary of a cruise we've booked for next year.  I'm thinking it will be a good place to just walk around on our own, if we are allowed.  Anything special we should eat there?

I did "borrow" that one picture, @dfish, and will make it into a jigsaw puzzle!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 15

Good morning, all! Well, Love a Tree Day is certainly appropriate for me today. I am back home on Salt Spring, with my trees again!

I’m looking forward to getting reacquainted with the spring leaves and doing some printing.

I’ve never been to today’s port and am enjoying the photos!

If you can bear with a couple more botanical print pictures, I’ve finally realized that the blotting paper used to draw the leaf pigments through the silk make very pretty note cards. And the lavender bush on Salt Spring is a perfect display spot!

The latest scarf, and a few note cards.

F7F1F681-95A9-4089-A2A6-BE3B9F37B836.thumb.jpeg.fc914a3a7ca6064e7e32f9fa9bf689de.jpeg

The leaf layout for printing.

5C08DED5-E437-4BDB-A868-5B630817792D.thumb.jpeg.60e1dbb868991a2b4eadf3d82b49ddd4.jpeg

The same scarf, post dyed in Usnea gathered on yesterday afternoons walk.

6CCEA65C-7146-449D-BDB9-945FCD8DF46A.thumb.jpeg.7af0d7a8b65ce725c9cc72b6c720ab9d.jpeg

The previous scarf. Everything looks better draped on lavender!

8445CE30-D396-413E-8C60-1C648AD4AE8D.thumb.jpeg.3bbce106662b9a2886382410491d691c.jpeg

Both scarves together.

DF4E25B3-35C6-4A19-97A6-4DDFA6CCB79B.thumb.jpeg.fa793713715310804bbfbd14f0a03387.jpeg

And of course, Happy Sunday! May our feet meet the deck of a BHB this summer!

D0E72B09-EE1A-4DF2-B507-5573D4520B66.thumb.jpeg.98fd8a40284e3d4d4bfa94bb9a827caf.jpeg

• Like 30

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday! Thank you for the Daily Rich and the days to celebrate. 

Thank you for the lists Jacqui!  Roy, I can’t believe you are so active after having your surgery. Keep up the good work of getting back to normal. 

@JazzyV I am worried about you, just like everyone else is on the Daily. Please post as soon as you can. Just know we are all praying and thinking about you. 

I had some fresh albacore tuna in the freezer and last night made olive oil poached tuna. It turned out so good.  Last night I made it with pasta and white beans.  Since it made a such a huge amount we will be having tuna for a bit. I might make tuna melts today. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

I appreciate everyone's prayers and support yesterday. I worked in healthcare so I know to advocate for myself. I was at a level 2 trauma hospital last night, and it was quite interesting to see their ER in comparison to where I went at first. I did get Lovenox last night and some IV fluids. Labs looked ok. I got home around 2:30AM. I had set my alarm for 7:30 to call to schedule the US. And it was my first good night's sleep even if only 4-1/2 hours. I went in at 8:30 today and had the bilateral leg US. The technician said she couldn't tell me the result, but she wouldn't be letting me leave if it had been positive. So no explanation for my D-Dimer of 1150 (normal les than 500), unless whatever caused my week of fever, headache and malaise was the culprit. I'll be seeing my PCP tomorrow or Tuesday. I feel quite good today, so that's a blessing. Maybe the fluids helped even though my labs didn't look like I was dehydrated.

Vanessa

• Like 36
  • Thanks 6

18 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Well, Love a Tree Day is certainly appropriate for me today. I am back home on Salt Spring, with my trees again!

I’m looking forward to getting reacquainted with the spring leaves and doing some printing.

I’ve never been to today’s port and am enjoying the photos!

If you can bear with a couple more botanical print pictures, I’ve finally realized that the blotting paper used to draw the leaf pigments through the silk make very pretty note cards. And the lavender bush on Salt Spring is a perfect display spot!

The latest scarf, and a few note cards.

F7F1F681-95A9-4089-A2A6-BE3B9F37B836.thumb.jpeg.fc914a3a7ca6064e7e32f9fa9bf689de.jpeg

The leaf layout for printing.

5C08DED5-E437-4BDB-A868-5B630817792D.thumb.jpeg.60e1dbb868991a2b4eadf3d82b49ddd4.jpeg

The same scarf, post dyed in Usnea gathered on yesterday afternoons walk.

6CCEA65C-7146-449D-BDB9-945FCD8DF46A.thumb.jpeg.7af0d7a8b65ce725c9cc72b6c720ab9d.jpeg

The previous scarf. Everything looks better draped on lavender!

8445CE30-D396-413E-8C60-1C648AD4AE8D.thumb.jpeg.3bbce106662b9a2886382410491d691c.jpeg

Both scarves together.

DF4E25B3-35C6-4A19-97A6-4DDFA6CCB79B.thumb.jpeg.fa793713715310804bbfbd14f0a03387.jpeg

And of course, Happy Sunday! May our feet meet the deck of a BHB this summer!

D0E72B09-EE1A-4DF2-B507-5573D4520B66.thumb.jpeg.98fd8a40284e3d4d4bfa94bb9a827caf.jpeg

🌺🌺🌴🌴

Stunning ! What talent you have!

Beautiful. I love how you photographed and displayed them!

Thank you❤️
Denise😊

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I appreciate everyone's prayers and support yesterday. I worked in healthcare so I know to advocate for myself. I was at a level 2 trauma hospital last night, and it was quite interesting to see their ER in comparison to where I went at first. I did get Lovenox last night and some IV fluids. Labs looked ok. I got home around 2:30AM. I had set my alarm for 7:30 to call to schedule the US. And it was my first good night's sleep even if only 4-1/2 hours. I went in at 8:30 today and had the bilateral leg US. The technician said she couldn't tell me the result, but she wouldn't be letting me leave if it had been positive. So no explanation for my D-Dimer of 1150 (normal les than 500), unless whatever caused my week of fever, headache and malaise was the culprit. I'll be seeing my PCP tomorrow or Tuesday. I feel quite good today, so that's a blessing. Maybe the fluids helped even though my labs didn't look like I was dehydrated.

Vanessa

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Vanessa thank you for getting back to all of us!! The good news is like you said if it was a blood clot you would have still been there!! Yes they can’t give out info but rest assured I believe you will weather this and come there fine!

Just you feeling better is a wonderful sign!

THANK GOD!

Your in my prayers!

Denise😊

• Like 11

Back to our regular programming.

I like the days. When I was young I wore purple for all my school exams; for some reason I thought it was my lucky color.

Good meal (and Roy's) and drinks.

I haven't been to the port of the day. I appreciate pictures from those who have been there.

@rafinmd Wishing you an uneventful recovery. It sounds like you're doing well.

I will do some laundry today. The yard need attention but I think that can wait a day or two.

Prayers for all on the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 21

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa

Vanessa, 

I am so glad to hear from you.  I had little sleep last night thinking of you.  I don't know the explanation for the D-Dimer result, but know that mine was less than yours and I had a DVT and clots in my lungs.  Sorry to scare you.  

I hope you continue to recover and hope the visit with your PCP is a good one.  Keep us in the loop.  Email me if you need to talk.  Click on the link below my signature.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

. I went in at 8:30 today and had the bilateral leg US. The technician said she couldn't tell me the result, but she wouldn't be letting me leave if it had been positive. So no explanation for my D-Dimer of 1150 (normal les than 500), unless whatever caused my week of fever, headache and malaise was the culprit. I'll be seeing my PCP tomorrow or Tuesday. I feel quite good

This is so good to hear Vanessa!!  So glad you are feeling better. Rest today, you have been through a lot lately. Take care!

• Like 7