Specialty Restaurant Gratuities

rsail203

In the past we've eaten at traditional dining because we like to meet new people. On our next cruise we're dining at the Tuscan Grill several times. Does the price include gratuities or is that extrea?

29 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Some choose to give extra for great service.

We have always given an extra gratuity directly to our server so they can keep it without sharing in the tip pool. If it's added to the bill, it goes into the tip pool for that restaurant. 

( We were told this by Servers as well as Maitre'Ds  ).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

We have always given an extra gratuity directly to our server so they can keep it without sharing in the tip pool. If it's added to the bill, it goes into the tip pool for that restaurant. 

( We were told thias by Servers as well as Maitre'Ds  ).

We always tip "our people" additionally also ... remember that the tip pool as a seperate entity with many cruise companies (some don't use them) is the way a lot of the very important back of the house people earn some money from the cruise ... it is usually well deserved.

1 minute ago, GlobalMethod said:

We always tip "our people" additionally also ... remember that the tip pool as a seperate entity with many cruise companies (some don't use them) is the way a lot of the very important back of the house people earn some money from the cruise ... it is usually well deserved.

Agree --- However, I believe the " back of the house people " are included in the " Gratuities Include " portion of the cost of the cruise.

I just think giving an extra gratuity directly to the Server is the right thing to do when someone provides such great service. 

It makes them feel good--- and , us also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazey said:

In the past it is include.  Tuscan Grille is very good.  Are you on a ship with Murano?  Hard to find now but excellent.

Agree to Murano! Much prefer it over Tuscan - which IMHO is nothing special.

• Like 3

We love both but for us Tuscan has the edge and glad that we’re all different or else we wouldn’t get a table!

Murano is a special occasion and we feel we need to dress whereas Murano we make an extra special effort. 
It’s difficult not to give a tip as the service in both has been amazing.

And when you go don’t be embarrassed about ordering everything but starve yourself first!

3 minutes ago, rsail203 said:

We're on the first Millennium cruise from St. Maartin in 2 weeks. So Tuscan is only one available.

Thank you everyone for your answers.

Really, no Murano?  Bummer...  Do you know what capacity you will be sailing?  I look forward to seeing you follow up posts.

Then don’t eat the bread. It is amazing but will fill you up! But if you have to then only have a little.

The main course pasta can be served as a starter (appetiser if in the US) so why not have a couple of small pastas to share, if there’s two of you, and then enjoy the rest of the menu!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

Then don’t eat the bread. It is amazing but will fill you up! But if you have to then only have a little.

The main course pasta can be served as a starter (appetiser if in the US) so why not have a couple of small pastas to share, if there’s two of you, and then enjoy the rest of the menu!

When our gang went to Tuscan Grille on Summit, the "Italian" in the group asked for several of the pasta dishes to be served as appetizers for the whole table.   They gladly brought a lot of it out, along with an antipasta board.   If you want to try something, ask.    The servers really try to please.

Murano is exceptional whilst Tuscan Grille is mediocre, highly recommend you change your reservation to Murano.  As previously mentioned the gratuity is included in the fee.  At the end of the meal you will be given a cheque to sign which has a space for gratuity, leave it blank.  Give your waiter CASH, otherwise monies added to the cheque it is put in the ship wide pool of the catering section not the just the restaurant in which you dine which equates to peanuts.

Unlike many other cruise lines Celebrity allows your waiter a great degree of discretion in what you can order.  I have seen some people really go to town and order every starters, then two mains and multiple deserts, really disgusting attitude not to be bragged about.  Please don’t Kill the Golden Goose as Celebrity’s tolerance has its limits.

12 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Murano is exceptional whilst Tuscan Grille is mediocre, highly recommend you change your reservation to Murano.  As previously mentioned the gratuity is included in the fee.  At the end of the meal you will be given a cheque to sign which has a space for gratuity, leave it blank.  Give your waiter CASH, otherwise monies added to the cheque it is put in the ship wide pool of the catering section not the just the restaurant in which you dine which equates to peanuts.

Unlike many other cruise lines Celebrity allows your waiter a great degree of discretion in what you can order.  I have seen some people really go to town and order every starters, then two mains and multiple deserts, really disgusting attitude not to be bragged about.  Please don’t Kill the Golden Goose as Celebrity’s tolerance has its limits.

If you read the posts Murano is closed!
And for what it’s worth if people want to indulge and order the entire menu then why shouldn’t they? 
People have worked hard for this indulgence so your comments are unnecessary.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

And for what it’s worth if people want to indulge and order the entire menu then why shouldn’t they? 

No mention which ship OP is sailing.  Murano is still open on our sailing in November.

We will be enjoying Murano every night of our cruise but unlike you advocate we will have respect and enjoy quality rather than QUANTITY. ............urrr !!!

31 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

No mention which ship OP is sailing.  Murano is still open on our sailing in November.

We will be enjoying Murano every night of our cruise but unlike you advocate we will have respect and enjoy quality rather than QUANTITY. ............urrr !!!

In post #13 OP said they were on the Millennium so there is no Murano.

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

Murano is not closed.  OP is sailing on a ship which does not have Murano.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zdad59 said:

When our gang went to Tuscan Grille on Summit, the "Italian" in the group asked for several of the pasta dishes to be served as appetizers for the whole table.   They gladly brought a lot of it out, along with an antipasta board.   If you want to try something, ask.    The servers really try to please.

I could make a meal from just the antipasto board just love it , that a good bottle of wine and I am happy  ( I am also Italian decent)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

I could make a meal from just the antipasto board just love it , that a good bottle of wine and I am happy  ( I am also Italian decent)

We. Liked the anipasta too.   The appetizers were nice the way my buddy did it.    It wasn’t a overindulgence in food, like some have suggested, but a couple sampler bites per person.   Nicely done by the server.    

The one thing I really liked about Celebrity was that they didn’t try to overwhelm you with quantities of food, but a nice portion of good food.   We were in Aqua so we ate in Blu most nights.     Really liked the service and food quality there too.    

Finally, someone else suggested, Le Petit Chef was a good time.   Our Maitre Di got us in and the show was a lot of fun.   If you have never done it, I suggest you give it a try.