When you're FINALLY back on board ...

keels81

Fun post....thanks!  We had 1 Reflection cruise cancelled (America's - November 2020), and we cancelled another (Baltic - August 2021 - did not see it sailing as planned).  Decided to splurge and booked a cruise on a smaller, and bit more upscale line for 2022.  But, will continue to sail Celebrity as it has been our favorite line to date.

Agree with the "ding dong" sound upon embarking. The first drinks, the first dinners, exploring the ship.  Will not take for granted again!  

8 minutes ago, DENIE said:

Fun post....thanks!  We had 1 Reflection cruise cancelled (America's - November 2020), and we cancelled another (Baltic - August 2021 - did not see it sailing as planned).  Decided to splurge and booked a cruise on a smaller, and bit more upscale line for 2022.  But, will continue to sail Celebrity as it has been our favorite line to date.

Agree with the "ding dong" sound upon embarking. The first drinks, the first dinners, exploring the ship.  Will not take for granted again!  

I'm holding a Crystal sailing in case Edge doesn't make, so I totally get this!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Like you we were a self directed shut-in/shut-down since March 2020, do not regret doing so.  Once we were fully vaccinated we decided to get out of dodge and rented a house for 6 weeks on Cape Cod, what a fabulous decision it has been!  Our first 2 weeks we were on TOTAL vacation, have been enjoying (total understatement) maskless lives, dining, shopping etc.  we also went off the internet grid so to speak during these 2 weeks, can’t tell you how refreshing.  My team at work knew I’d not be glued to my computer and if I was needed to please text or call my cell.  Well I got 3 texts and 2 calls, hmmm they are getting ready to not need me when I retire next year 🥳.  We’ve watched no news etc, binged some great shows and movies as well, total relaxing freedom.  Long daily walks on the beach.  So now to OP point, I plan to do the same on my May 2022 cruise, enjoy champagne, sunrise, sunset and just chill and appreciate it ALL sans being married to my phone, internet etc.  speaking for myself only there has been a silver lining of this pandemic, life is short, so live it wide.  Whatever you all plan for your next cruise ENJOY!  Now I need to prepare for work tomorrow.  Peace 

That all sounds fantastic. I'm so glad you had a real adventure after staying the course with staying home,  with lots of time away from tech and news. What a great plan! This makes me so happy. ❤️

My first Celebrity cruise was when I was in college. 

I wish I could remember the ship's name. 

I don't remember much, but I may go try to find my old photos of my little inside room with my cousin. 

Since then I have mostly been on Disney, since I had a growing kiddo. He's a teen now.  I am looking forward to our next Celebrity cruise, which my parents say may be their last (they are in their 80's.) So I am deeply looking forward to seeing them happy and onboard. Right now I can't wait to see them, period (I haven't seen them since Dec 2019, I miss them SO much), our cruise won't be until next year. I want to make it as special as I can for them.

So I think I will grab a drink, and be so grateful to be with them both, and my son and husband, but especially my parents, to have them both on this planet still, to have made it through such a tough year when so very many haven't, and fortunate enough to be bobbing about on the sea with nothing required of me other than to just be. 😃

Those of you who love the "Sea Pass" noise, may I suggest finding a recording online of it or make one with your phone next time you are on board to make it your text message notification sound? Maybe someone can get one on the 26th cruise to share! ❤️ I did that with the Disney "when you wish upon a star" ding they play before announcements and it brought a smile most days when I was reluctantly back on land. 

• Like 9

On 5/30/2021 at 7:59 PM, kasowell2 said:

I will be so excited to hear the ding dong of the sea pass in the machine. I know they may have changed but the thought is still happening 

Isn't the initial ding-dong gone from Revolutionized ships?  I thought Celebrity was evolving towards the system of you getting on the ship and then you go to your cabin to pick up your seapass cards.  If you don't have your sea pass card when you board the ship, you can't hear the ding-dong.  Unfortunately the first thing you hear with your seapass card is a dong when you leave the ship.

Yes I think I remember them scanning the bar code on your XpressPass with an iPhone to get on the ship the first time, subsequently it was the ding dong with the seapass.   It's going to be delayed gratification.

23 minutes ago, clivey said:

I love the way she says “Deck Four”!  It also means the Martini Bar on the Equinox!

Ah, on the Equinox, you'll find us at the Passport bar. (Jan 3rd) There is never any room at the Martini Bar and they "used to" have very loud music RIGHT THERE, unlike the Millenium Class ships that had music off to the side. 

Edited by Keys Kathy
add

21 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Ah, on the Equinox, you'll find us at the Passport bar. (Jan 3rd) There is never any room at the Martini Bar and they "used to" have very loud music RIGHT THERE, unlike the Millenium Class ships that had music off to the side. 

Passport Bar? Is that the COVID Passport Bar?????? You won’t find certain ‘political figures’ going there, they will use the Banned Passport Bar!

Den

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Passport Bar? Is that the COVID Passport Bar?????? You won’t find certain ‘political figures’ going there, they will use the Banned Passport Bar!

Den

We all know what happened......

wuhan2.thumb.png.9f5436612919c02ade2ab5a935b620d0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/31/2021 at 9:39 AM, clivey said:

I’ll have to kiss the bartender on the Edge in July and the bar on the Equinox in August!  We have a corner suite on Silhouette too at the end of September so hoping they aren’t still restricted to UK residents only by then.  You will LOVE your butler!!  My favorite perk was requesting lattes and almond croissants for breakfast and a great cheese/fruit plate in the afternoon.  Enjoy!!

That's a nice start.  Thanks for the tip!

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes I think I remember them scanning the bar code on your XpressPass with an iPhone to get on the ship the first time, subsequently it was the ding dong with the seapass.   It's going to be delayed gratification.

On our Edge cruises there was no sea pass noise. X used facial recognition from the passengers photos uploaded prior to boarding, so when getting on or off the ship there was total silence. It's kind of weird.

• Like 1

I'm gonna get me a big blue drink and plant myself by the pool and read a book.   I also plan to over tip my servers and bartenders like mad.   They mostly come from less than stellar circumstances, work a very difficult schedule, and have been without their livelihood for more than a year.   I am fortunate to not have been impacted financially by the pandemic so I want to help those that have.    (We do the same here at home.    Our restaurant servers have been getting nice tips now that we are going out again.)

57608650_BlueHawaiians.jpg.8e3d146c59cf508dacaedfe7ec04bd90.jpg

Edited by zdad59
  • Like 4

Our 1st cruise after 23 months will be on a brand new class of ships.  I imagine that after we drop off our carry ons in either the Retreat or our suite we will walk around in awe with a glass of wine in hand before heading to Luminae for lunch. (Lobster roll without the roll, double portion please, thank you.)

• Like 3

Because we booked so "last minute", I just did GTY verandas -- so every day, I have that little bit of excitement checking to see if my stateroom has been assigned!

Also, watching all the YouTube videos and reviews I can as these will be two new ship for me (Summit and Edge).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

On our Edge cruises there was no sea pass noise. X used facial recognition from the passengers photos uploaded prior to boarding, so when getting on or off the ship there was total silence. It's kind of weird.

What? ! No noise- we can´t have that- can´t we- so let´s make a little noise when leaving the ship as in saying " Ding"!

We have family run little chain of coffee shops and bakery´s and today is the first day after seven month of only " To go" business that our customers can sit down again to enjoy our stuff. So I can´t wait to see how they react- if they kiss us... no- thats not allowed as of yet. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

What? ! No noise- we can´t have that- can´t we- so let´s make a little noise when leaving the ship as in saying " Ding"!

We have family run little chain of coffee shops and bakery´s and today is the first day after seven month of only " To go" business that our customers can sit down again to enjoy our stuff. So I can´t wait to see how they react- if they kiss us... no- thats not allowed as of yet. LOL.

I have found it interesting that many on CC have said the first thing they will do when cruising resumes is to kiss the bartenders, etc.. I agree, that is probably not going to happen! 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

What! No "DING"! 

We should start a petition to bring back the ding. That's a welcome aboard thing.

We want our Ding

We want our Ding

😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, zdad59 said:

I'm gonna get me a big blue drink and plant myself by the pool and read a book.   I also plan to over tip my servers and bartenders like mad.   They mostly come from less than stellar circumstances, work a very difficult schedule, and have been without their livelihood for more than a year.   I am fortunate to not have been impacted financially by the pandemic so I want to help those that have.    (We do the same here at home.    Our restaurant servers have been getting nice tips now that we are going out again.)

57608650_BlueHawaiians.jpg.8e3d146c59cf508dacaedfe7ec04bd90.jpg

We are so with you on the drink and the over tipping. That is exactly what my husband plans to do everywhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vicnsue said:

What! No "DING"! 

We should start a petition to bring back the ding. That's a welcome aboard thing.

We want our Ding

We want our Ding

😂

I think about the poor crew members who have to listen to ding, ding, ding all day long. Can you imagine hearing that same noise every night in your dreams..? 🤔

They probably won’t miss it. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vicnsue said:

What! No "DING"! 

We want our Ding

We want our Ding

😂

Just have your partner go ‘ding’ as you step up, or make the sound yourself…….I’m sure it will be just fine, yeah that’s right.

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 1