Jump to content

NON ELITE GUEST


ROYALBOY
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am sure this has been asked before, but could not find it on a search. Husband and I are elite for our Hawaii cruise next year, but sister-in-law has no celebrity status. Will she be allows to join us at elite functions, or do we have to forgo to be with her? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

I am sure this has been asked before, but could not find it on a search. Husband and I are elite for our Hawaii cruise next year, but sister-in-law has no celebrity status. Will she be allows to join us at elite functions, or do we have to forgo to be with her? Thanks.

 

If you are sharing a cabin, then yes, they extend benefits to everyone in cabin, if she's booked in her own cabin, then unfortunately not.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

 

If you are sharing a cabin, then yes, they extend benefits to everyone in cabin, if she's booked in her own cabin, then unfortunately not.   

Hope your right…she is sharing an aft veranda with us. Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be more specific they extend invitations to events to the cabin mates but benefits like discounts on bev packages, specialty dining, having happy hour drinks on your card are only for the qualified members.

 

She should be able to attend things like a backstage tour and even the morning coffeehouse breakfast with you.   I'd politely verify this with the host/hostess once you get onboard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

Hope your right…she is sharing an aft veranda with us. Thanks

then you should be able to bring her along, just ask the hostess.  She probably won't get coupons though, I believe they only do that if a spouse has status & partners does not, have a great trip!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A practice Celebrity needs to eliminate. If you're not married to or living with then CC perks/benefits shouldn't be extended to those just staying in the same stateroom as an elite or above CC member. Those are benefits/perks we've paid for. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

A practice Celebrity needs to eliminate. If you're not married to or living with then CC perks/benefits shouldn't be extended to those just staying in the same stateroom as an elite or above CC member. Those are benefits/perks we've paid for. 

 

I am ok with a person sharing a cabin with an Elite being able to participate in events for that status and above. It seems the bennies are becoming moot anyway with the AI trend. The Sky Lounge cocktail hour is one of my favorite perks and it would be great for ROYALBOY's SiL to be able to share it with them. Conversely, it would be a shame if ROYALBOY & spouse, who worked/paid for Elite benefits had to forgo this event if SiL wasn't permitted. Drink coupons are another story....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

 

I am ok with a person sharing a cabin with an Elite being able to participate in events for that status and above. It seems the bennies are becoming moot anyway with the AI trend. The Sky Lounge cocktail hour is one of my favorite perks and it would be great for ROYALBOY's SiL to be able to share it with them. Conversely, it would be a shame if ROYALBOY & spouse, who worked/paid for Elite benefits had to forgo this event if SiL wasn't permitted. Drink coupons are another story....

I disagree. There are a lot of other great bars/lounges to enjoy HH with the traveling non CC members. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, davekathy said:

A practice Celebrity needs to eliminate. If you're not married to or living with then CC perks/benefits shouldn't be extended to those just staying in the same stateroom as an elite or above CC member. Those are benefits/perks we've paid for. 

 

I paid for it as well, but it doesn't bother me in the least if cabin mates are allowed... it's few & far between for more than two adults in a non suite anyhow 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

I am sure this has been asked before, but could not find it on a search. Husband and I are elite for our Hawaii cruise next year, but sister-in-law has no celebrity status. Will she be allows to join us at elite functions, or do we have to forgo to be with her? Thanks.

I am Elite Plus and took my Mother on a cruise. They put a special sticker or stamp on her Sea Pass that allowed her to go with me. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always a good idea to check with the CC Host but Celebrity clearly states if someone is sharing the SR with an Elite/E+/Zenith(?) member, they can attend the various CC events, With the CC member. The point is to allow the cabinmate to partake in the events and not be left out. The cabinmate will not get the benefits of discounts, laundry, etc. They’ve allowed this for years.

 

When they had Elite HH in a specific venue, our daughter who was the 3rd in our room was able to join us. I mentioned to the host she was not an Elite and asked about how to handle the drinks. She kindly rolled her eyes and told us to enjoy our drinks and X would somehow survive. Its a bit sad a few posters think this is wrong. Wow. But now with HH is at pretty much all bars/lounges, that won’t be the case of enjoying a free drink and ripping off all the Elites since you’ll need to show the proper card. But then with the AI, its all gone by the way. 

 

Since the point is to allow cabinmates to be together and I’d Hope we Big Time Elites/E+‘ers dont get all bent out of shape over such a minor thing, but…….

 

den  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sky lounge happy hour is a thing of the past so that's a non issue.   Really the only benefit would be the morning breakfast and other tours/events.

Agree for 2021. We'll wait and see what happens in 2022. AI might just disappear and the CC HH in the Sky Lounge could return. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

 

I am ok with a person sharing a cabin with an Elite being able to participate in events for that status and above. It seems the bennies are becoming moot anyway with the AI trend. The Sky Lounge cocktail hour is one of my favorite perks and it would be great for ROYALBOY's SiL to be able to share it with them. Conversely, it would be a shame if ROYALBOY & spouse, who worked/paid for Elite benefits had to forgo this event if SiL wasn't permitted. Drink coupons are another story....

 

Totally agree...

 

We have rarely attended a cocktail hour where there were not plenty of seats available. I don’t see how one extra body makes a difference. There are very few non suite rooms shared by three adults so we are not talking big numbers.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of these perks cost money internally to X which they weigh against profit and future business.  Depts have budgets and these events are not just "3 bottles of booze and its an empty room anyway".  The CC dept pays for the event like any other outside group (obviously discounted), but the catering dept is not subsidizing the CC dept since they have their own P&L to worry about

 

X has more big data than you can imagine on CC members - every hospitality business does.  X has determined that the cost of some of the benefits is more than what they gain in PROFITABLE repeat pax.  I look at these threads and it is littered with "I don't use the spa. don't drink more than what is free and I want to bring my friends in too" statements   Does that sound like a business model?  The base cruise fare is really not enough to keep X in business long term.  It has to attract pax that want to buy highly profitable add-ons

 

Airlines and hotels have been "fine tuning" their loyalty programs for years and the perks get less attractive each year if you are looking for free stuff.  Also they make you re-qualify in dollars and nights/segments every year to maintain those perks which is not a requirement (yet) in cruising. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

A practice Celebrity needs to eliminate. If you're not married to or living with then CC perks/benefits shouldn't be extended to those just staying in the same stateroom as an elite or above CC member. Those are benefits/perks we've paid for. 

I wasn’t going to respond, but Wow! We don’t pay for those perks, all the passengers on a cruise pay, and most dont get the perks we E/E+ get. 
 

if anyone is upset my daughter got an undeserved free drink and joined us at various venues, I’ll buy you a drink next time we cruise together……but it has to be on an AI cruise! Hehehe

 

den

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I wasn’t going to respond, but Wow! We don’t pay for those perks, all the passengers on a cruise pay, and most dont get the perks we E/E+ get. 
 

if anyone is upset my daughter got an undeserved free drink and joined us at various venues, I’ll buy you a drink next time we cruise together……but it has to be on an AI cruise! Hehehe

 

den

Glad you did. Come on man you know exactly what I was getting at. 🙄They will/would by cruising more. I will always voice my opinion on CC about tag alongs but could care less what actually takes place on the ship. I couldn't tell ya who was what tier level and never ever a topic of when talking with others no matter what the function is.  Thanks, and I'll buy the next AI round. 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...