Would you cruise out of Florida if the sailing was allowing more than 5% un-vaccinated?

I don't think it's really a question of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  The bottom line is whether you have a vaccine or not, it is relevant.  What is relevant is everyone that is concerned, some are vaccinated and others are not.  A vaccinated person is protected, so they should not care.  However, many vaccinated people are scared......so for those that are vaccinated, or not vaccinated, and still are scared, please stay home.  A cruise is no place for you.  I live in Florida.  I have been living my life and not wearing a mask the entire pandemic.  Except for a brief time that Florida was actually closed up, I have been going out, eating our, going to bars, haircuts, shopping, groceries and everything that is normal.  Most of that time, I was not vaccinated, and now I am, but nothing changed in my life.  I also travel....including one international trip already and several domestic trips. That included sitting on airplanes and eating out.  So no I don't care if a ship is vaccinated or not, because the vaccine protects me.....that is why I got it and I'm happy if a negative, scared individual stays home.  The rest of us will have a great time.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I don't think it's really a question of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  The bottom line is whether you have a vaccine or not, it is relevant.  What is relevant is everyone that is concerned, some are vaccinated and others are not.  A vaccinated person is protected, so they should not care.  However, many vaccinated people are scared......so for those that are vaccinated, or not vaccinated, and still are scared, please stay home.  A cruise is no place for you.  I live in Florida.  I have been living my life and not wearing a mask the entire pandemic.  Except for a brief time that Florida was actually closed up, I have been going out, eating our, going to bars, haircuts, shopping, groceries and everything that is normal.  Most of that time, I was not vaccinated, and now I am, but nothing changed in my life.  I also travel....including one international trip already and several domestic trips. That included sitting on airplanes and eating out.  So no I don't care if a ship is vaccinated or not, because the vaccine protects me.....that is why I got it and I'm happy if a negative, scared individual stays home.  The rest of us will have a great time.

Guess you are one of the lucky ones, some have not had the luck you had.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

So you are good cruising and having to wear masks in crowded situation?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Excellent post!!!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, broberts said:

So you are good cruising and having to wear masks in crowded situation?

If vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask on the ship.  I'm going on Adventure of the seas, no mask required.  CDC of the USA says, vaccinated people do not wear masks.  I was in Morocco last week, I wore it on a plane.  So, no mask, pretty normal, except a lower occupancy, and some other minor changes.  To answer your question, you do not need currently to wear a mask if vaccinated on the cruise ship, even if in a crowded situation.  My post was, if you are scared than stay home until you feel safe.  Pretty simple.  I am in crowds all the time, without a mask on.....that's why there is a vaccine.

Edited by Joseph2017China
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joseph2017China said:

If vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask on the ship.  I'm going on Adventure of the seas, no mask required.  CDC of the USA says, vaccinated people do not wear masks.  I was in Morocco last week, I wore it on a plane.  So, no mask, pretty normal, except a lower occupancy, and some other minor changes

You won’t be sailing out of Florida, on Royal, without a mask for awhile 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Yes I will

This is the kind of comment where someone is defiant and will do what they will do regardless of the rules.

I hate to break it to you, but unless the CDC changes things, if you are booked on a Royal ship departing from a port in FL in the next 1-2 months, you WILL be wearing a mask. You can complain about it all you want, that is the rule (just like you had to wear it on a plane). People who claim otherwise haven't really read the CDC cruise ship guidelines.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jrapps said:

This is the kind of comment where someone is defiant and will do what they will do regardless of the rules.

I hate to break it to you, but unless the CDC changes things, if you are booked on a Royal ship departing from a port in FL in the next 1-2 months, you WILL be wearing a mask. You can complain about it all you want, that is the rule (just like you had to wear it on a plane). People who claim otherwise haven't really read the CDC cruise ship guidelines.

Cruise ships will have additional leeway to how they handle masks.  But going to my original posts, you seem to be a person that might not want to cruise yet.  I'm pretty sure, that I will be vaccinated, on a ship, without a mask, and not worried.

• Like 3

So, all you "have to get a vax to sail" people, have you been reading and listening to reports of heart conditions appearing in teens who have gotten the vax.  Would you want to take a chance with your teen's health which is about the same as you taking a chance by not getting poked.  Boardshorts said you were selfish if you did not get vaccinated but maybe some people are just tired of being told what to do by the one's who want to dictate what people should do.  We have a cruise in November and if it requires being vaccinated we will take the plunge, and pray it will not affect my granddaughter's heart.  Of course, since there have not been any real trial tests on the vaccines, who knows what other side effects might pop up.  Guess I can hope one would be giving everyone common sense, which does not seem to common.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So, all you "have to get a vax to sail" people, have you been reading and listening to reports of heart conditions appearing in teens who have gotten the vax.  Would you want to take a chance with your teen's health which is about the same as you taking a chance by not getting poked.  Boardshorts said you were selfish if you did not get vaccinated but maybe some people are just tired of being told what to do by the one's who want to dictate what people should do.  We have a cruise in November and if it requires being vaccinated we will take the plunge, and pray it will not affect my granddaughter's heart.  Of course, since there have not been any real trial tests on the vaccines, who knows what other side effects might pop up.  Guess I can hope one would be giving everyone common sense, which does not seem to common.

Just to be clear: you fear the potential issue with heart problems in younger people yet if it were required to cruise you'd have your granddaughter vaccinated. Interesting.

Edited by jstraw20
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, I know.  My feelings are we will be forced to get vaccinated to do just about anything, at least right now.  I am hoping for herd immunity or things to calm down and vaccinations will not be that important.  I also wish they would take into account the people who have had Covid and the immunity they should have, yet everyone is pressured to get the shot.  I like to think of myself as a realist,  you can get any number of diseases which could be good or bad for you.  If we need to get shots to sail  we will, but will wait until the last minute.  If there had been more testing and the shots actually made a difference in getting Covid I might feel differently.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Well, given that the poster bragged about not wearing a mask at all for the duration of the pandemic (except on an airplane, bless his heart 🙄) likely violating all kinds of masking requirements in stores, restaurants, etc., the attitude should not surprise you. I expect defiant confrontations from the outset.  Where’s my popcorn?

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Yea, I know.  My feelings are we will be forced to get vaccinated to do just about anything, at least right now.  I am hoping for herd immunity or things to calm down and vaccinations will not be that important.  I also wish they would take into account the people who have had Covid and the immunity they should have, yet everyone is pressured to get the shot.  I like to think of myself as a realist,  you can get any number of diseases which could be good or bad for you.  If we need to get shots to sail  we will, but will wait until the last minute.  If there had been more testing and the shots actually made a difference in getting Covid I might feel differently.  

“Forced”?  “Pressured”?  No one is forcing or pressuring you or anyone else. Encouraging, yes. Forcing, no.  Choices have consequences.  If you can’t do things like cruise for the time being because of a choice, just wait and cruise later.  Vaccines DO make a difference and are the reason why we are heading towards herd immunity. But that could change if enough people don’t get the vaccine and/or infections continue and more variants develop.  

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, jstraw20 said:

Just to be clear: you fear the potential issue with heart problems in younger people yet if it were required to cruise you'd have your granddaughter vaccinated. Interesting.

Priorities. 

19 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Your positions are reasoned and sound.

If the (1) unvaccinated but with natural immunity can't be identified securely yet in an acceptable manner or protocol and the (2) young and the healthy are cautious as there are no long-term studies conclusively on either side of any claim as 'time simply just hasn't passed, then if vaccinations are required for some or all cruises it is what it is and (1) and (2) will likely have to wait.

The genuineness of the concerns about (1) and (2) outweigh simply not cruising at this time.

If we see as much change from now until December as we have since January to now things could be totally different.

An example is Massachusetts; a real hotspot in January with 8,500 positive cases to 33 yesterday.

Wow.

Still, for now, cruising might just have to wait for some depending on the requirements.

ma.JPG.d8408581ce8b93e27fbd8ecb4d63d32a.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The new companion you tube channel to “pier runners”

PLEASE! Don’t get me excited! 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Cruise ships will have additional leeway to how they handle masks.  But going to my original posts, you seem to be a person that might not want to cruise yet.  I'm pretty sure, that I will be vaccinated, on a ship, without a mask, and not worried.

Can you provide a link to an RCI or CDC page that says this? If not I'd suggest you take the advice you so carelessly provide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Anyone who drives their kids/grand kids in a car is taking a much higher chance of danger/injury. Statistically, it's not even close, yet people still drive and press on. Those that sensationalize a less than zero fractional percentage of side effects (that 99% get over) are doing a disservice. The potential side effects of covid are much higher. The vaccine odds are a much better gamble, probability/protection wise. Not even close. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Well, given that the poster bragged about not wearing a mask at all for the duration of the pandemic (except on an airplane, bless his heart 🙄) likely violating all kinds of masking requirements in stores, restaurants, etc., the attitude should not surprise you. I expect defiant confrontations from the outset.  Where’s my popcorn?

What state do you live in?  Only some areas of Florida required a mask, and since I don't live in those areas, what defiance are you talking about?  I'm not bragging but stating facts.  You seem not to understand that the so called masking rules were not nationwide, nor was it even state wide in many areas.  But to go back to my original statement, and not to brag, I have not worn a mask in my daily life for about a year.  Outside of a Dr's office, or a flight.  So, if you are concerned about me bragging, and that I am a danger, than you most likely won't be on the cruise anyway due to the fact of being scared, concerned, or misinformed.  The CDC is also lifting some rules on ships, and one of them is wearing masks outside.  As a matter of fact, the only time you most likely will be required is while moving from place to place inside.  But the cruise line will have descretion at changing it.  

So, I guess you won't be on a ship.....but for everyone else, looking forward to seeing your "smiling" faces!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Have you read about the complications that are increasing from younger people getting COVID, including heart issues?  Or the increasing number of hospitalizations of children in some areas?  How about the simple logic of the virus increasing in unvaccinated populations as the possible number of hosts gets smaller?  Also, you might want to research how they determined the two month test period based on years of studying vaccines, so they have been tested.

• Like 3