Specialty Dining Prices

dfish

I just booked some specialty dining for our Alaska cruise and noticed that there has been an increase in prices.

Canaletto     $22.40

Pinnacle Grill     $46.00

Sel de Mar (pop up)   $57.80

Tamarind     $34.20

9 minutes ago, dfish said:

I just booked some specialty dining for our Alaska cruise and noticed that there has been an increase in prices.

Canaletto     $22.40

Pinnacle Grill     $46.00

Sel de Mar (pop up)   $57.80

Tamarind     $34.20

Those weren’t the prices I saw when I checked availability.  Glad to hear that they can be booked.

4 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I have been around too long, I remember that Canaletto was free when it first started. 

Me too 😉

We are dating ourselves 😉 😂 

• Like 5

IIRC, someone posted recently that they were going to start applying an 18% service charge to specialty dining.  If you add 18% to the former pricing, these new prices reflect that, right?  Or is there 18% on TOP of these new prices?  😳

The prices OP posted -

• Canaletto     $22.40
  • Pinnacle Grill     $46.00
  • Sel de Mar (pop up)   $57.80
  • Tamarind     $34.20

So adding 18% to old pricing comes out to -

• Canaletto $19 + 18% = $22.40
  • PG   $39 + 18% = $46.00
  • Sel de Mer   $49 + 18% = $57.80
  • Tamarind  THIS one stumps me - I thought it was $25 which should then make it $29.50 according to my theory but this reflects a 37% increase ... maybe someone in Accounting can't do math 🙄

Edited by zelker
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, zelker said:

IIRC, someone posted recently that they were going to start applying an 18% service charge to specialty dining.  If you add 18% to the former pricing, these new prices reflect that, right?  Or is there 18% on TOP of these new prices?

The prices OP posted -

• Canaletto     $22.40
  • Tamarind     $34.20

• Sel de Mer (don't know what the old price was since we've never been on a ship that has it)
  • Tamarind  THIS one stumps me - I thought it was $25 which should then make it $30 according to my theory ... someone in Accounting can't do math 🙄

The app shows Tamarind as $25.  Adding the gratuity would explain the odd cents.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zelker said:

IIRC, someone posted recently that they were going to start applying an 18% service charge to specialty dining.  If you add 18% to the former pricing, these new prices reflect that, right?  Or is there 18% on TOP of these new prices?  😳

The prices OP posted -

• Canaletto     $22.40
  • Tamarind     $34.20

• Sel de Mer   $49 + 18% = $57.80
  • Tamarind  THIS one stumps me - I thought it was $25 which should then make it $29.50 according to my theory but this reflects a 37% increase ... maybe someone in Accounting can't do math 🙄

I hope that is the case and it gets corrected!

Just now, AKJonesy said:

I like to go to Pinnacle for lunch.  Same great food but a lot less.  I wonder if they are still going to be offering that.  

I don't see why not.   Just add 18% onto the $15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Me too 😉

We are dating ourselves 😉 😂 

I remember when Pinnacle was introduced it was called Marco Polo and was free😀. It then became The Odyssey at the Pinnacle and finally the Pinnacle.

I’m really dating myself 😱

8 minutes ago, jimgev said:

So, if you are eligible for a Mariner discount at specialty dining, will the 18% be added to your discounted price or will it be applied to the full, undiscounted price?

The service fee is always applied to the non discounted price, then add that to whatever your discount is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Not surprising. Food price inflation has been ridiculous lately. I expect fuel surcharges again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if fuel charges startup again either.  Restaurants here are being hit with huge increases on Product.  For example:  Some are actually selling their Wings at “Market” Price and others discontinued the Wings.  The food Suppliers are also charging a Fuel Surcharge for each delivery.  The Cruise Lines will be feeling these increases, too!  

• Like 1

With an excellent Chef in charge of the Pinnacle Grill and a Manager that properly manages the restaurant, the increase is worth it.

Sel de Mer--stand alone or pop-up--if my dining experience remains, or improves, from what I have had--the price increase will be willingly paid.

For the others others, let them fade into the past.  Promising when they were introduced?  Yes.  The promise was never properly executed, consistently, on HAL ships.  

• Like 1