MyTime dining question

We are booked on the Symphony of the Seas February 19,2022 sailing. We made my time dining reservations for the first six nights but the software won’t let us make reservations for the 7th night.  We are also booked on the February 26, 2022 Celebrity Apex sailing and had the exact same problem. Booked Anytime dining for first six nights but can’t book 7th night.  Has anyone else had this problem or know of a workaround?

6 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

We are booked on the Symphony of the Seas February 19,2022 sailing. We made my time dining reservations for the first six nights but the software won’t let us make reservations for the 7th night.  We are also booked on the February 26, 2022 Celebrity Apex sailing and had the exact same problem. Booked Anytime dining for first six nights but can’t book 7th night.  Has anyone else had this problem or know of a workaround?

Yes, I had the same issue.  Not worried at all.  By then they will be used to seeing you at a certain time.

Thread hijack, sort of.

I am doing the MTD thing for the first time on an upcoming cruise. Reserved for all nights without any problem. Just curious as to how good they are as to actually honoring the reservations.

I'm confused.  I will be taking my first RCI cruise in 25 years and signed up for My Time Dining because we like to eat at different times each day, depending on the activities.  On NCL and Princess you just walk up to the dining room and get seated, maybe waiting 5-10 minutes.  Do you have to make reservations here on Royal?

13 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Do you have to make reservations here on Royal?

As answered above, no.  I did want to tell you on a positive note that we have never made reservations with MTD and have not experienced long waits. We tend to show up at different times each day.  

The situation can always vary based on the ship, the time, the day, etc. 

Enjoy. 

11 minutes ago, mets07 said:

As answered above, no.  I did want to tell you on a positive note that we have never made reservations with MTD and have not experienced long waits. We tend to show up at different times each day.  

The situation can always vary based on the ship, the time, the day, etc. 

Enjoy. 

Exactly this.  Different times and no advance reservations.  I did sail on one ship though that was really pushing me hard to set up a dining time in advance at the hostess stand.  I politely declined and still had no issues with a wait.

In my experience, you get in quicker with a reservation and usually get to sit with the same waiter but I don't think reservations are absolutely necessary. They will have 2 lines at the front of the dining room. One for people with reservations and one for those without. The "no reservation" line will be longer but it moves very quickly.

17 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I'm confused.  I will be taking my first RCI cruise in 25 years and signed up for My Time Dining because we like to eat at different times each day, depending on the activities.  On NCL and Princess you just walk up to the dining room and get seated, maybe waiting 5-10 minutes.  Do you have to make reservations here on Royal?

You don’t have to make reservations. We never have and only had to wait 1 time for about 20 minutes. It was during one of the peak times. They gave us a pager and we went to the bar while we waited. Not sure if they still do this. We prefer not to go during the busy times.

This may sound crazy but did three my time  reservations last week and two did the same booking 4 nights and not the fifth. tried several later times and the same results. Canceled the first and  redid  it starting with day 5 ,4,3,2,1, and took it correctly. Did the next on Mariner with 5 first and also took all 5 nights.   Bob & Nancy.    The Villages Florida