Sailing on Edge June 26th

bnurick

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Perfect! There are definitely tables for 2 by the window. Yay!!!

Yup.  Should be an easy request.

2 hours ago, mafig said:

Actually, those tables look pretty close together.🤔

Nah.  I’ve eaten there twice and it’s fine.  Everyone is vaccinated.

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Have they mentioned if the Luggage Valet program is back?

Don’t know what this is. Can you describe?  I’ll post some Celebrity Today’s shortly if it’s in those.

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Good to hear, I was hoping they would be a bit lenient since boarding has to be more stretched out

Probably watch occupancy percentages to get an idea of potential crowds.

2 hours ago, lux4me said:

I was wondering if anyone currently  onboard has any info on booking the alternative restaurants.   Were reservations available?   Easy to get?  We sail this Saturday

Got everything we wanted.  Chef’s Table we booked at payment time and it sold out before sailing.  Has 8 seats for tonight.  In order: Luminae, Le Petit Chef, Chef’s Table, Fine Cut, Raw on 5, Luminae and Fine Cut.

1 hour ago, KKB said:

I am VERY excited to hear about this!

Did you book before sailing (I haven't seen it offered online for ours) or right when you got on?

Booked in advance. As soon as we could.

1 hour ago, Lvdisnee said:

bnurick, Thanks so much for this thread! Love following along 😀

Happy to share! 😊 

1 hour ago, lele100 said:

Hi there, I read through some of these posts, regarding how they got around asking for the vaccine card in Florida,  however all I read is "no one cares", "no one cares", "no one cares",  or the majority have been vaccinated because of the age of the cruisers,  LOL, does that mean they did not ask you at the port?  You only got a call one week ahead of time asking if you were vaccinated?  When exactly did you show the card or did you not have to?  Thanks

They profile you through phone calls to manage the process.  When you walk up they say “proof of vaccine” and wait for a reply.  Yes = Scan to profile and board.  No = You go somewhere to get your first of three antigen tests and wait on results.

1 hour ago, Chippytoes said:

Thank you SO much for posting this! I am living vicariously through you. It will tide my over until February and I can finally step on board the APEX. Woot!  💚

Cheers Chippytoes!

1 hour ago, aero777 said:

This was already addressed:

Staying on message…. 😊

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

People have posted on multiple threads the people volunteered their cards at the port and they scanned them with an iPad like device.

I believe nobody is talking about vaccinated/unvaccinated as they believe the protocols put in place by Celebrity have resulted in the advertised 95% minimum vaccinated passengers.

Yup.  95% until mid-July, at least.

51 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

since members of the media are onboard the ship, is the regular food better than usual?

(ie: buffet, and the 4 mdrs)

I’ve never known it to be suboptimal.  See above dining lineup.

25 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Here's a question: what food options are available around 11AM? 

I'm on the July 17th sailing and we have a 3.5 hour excursion with no lunch that leaves at 11:30. Since there is no lunch on the excursion, we want to grab a quick bite around 11AM. I looked on the app and it looks like that is a lull time. (Spa cafe closes at 10, Oceanview 10, Eden cafe 10 also, Mast Grill doesn't open until 11:30). Am I missing something? Or, will the buffet still have some food out? I know Cafe al Bacio will be open, but they just have sweets, right? 

Posting Celebrity Today’s shortly.  Should be in there, I hope.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Anyone have any Celebrity Today’s to post…I’m curious about the activity schedule..

Alrighty Susan B, here is Saturday.  Others to come in separate posts to keep the days together.

E5B4FD55-D1D7-42DA-8F97-D2AB9F4025A4.jpeg

318C983B-4A59-48BF-B33D-E06B07ECE8F5.jpeg

5CCF0135-811A-4A6A-9D01-D4FB141CED89.jpeg

6C32FE1B-CBB7-4E1C-BDEF-21A386CC49E1.jpeg

59B8BD33-F073-44E2-A190-CF3ACF1DEB8D.jpeg

788B992C-C3CA-4A10-9449-EBB15D71CDC8.jpeg

234B0265-2978-400E-A5F6-8AEC89C2FCD3.jpeg

AF8C98CE-C66A-414A-BDB1-CA556BC73A74.jpeg

25C901DC-A03A-47C0-B281-233D796EBA8F.jpeg

FCA12CBD-F6AC-43DB-AC66-9698D1C5C826.jpeg

1942DA35-48C1-454B-AB73-E535ED0B871D.jpeg

21C652FF-D5D8-4AEF-A87C-F5A081EB7FB8.jpeg

A1C5D042-3A68-40DF-A071-9BB95AC969DE.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Yup.  Should be an easy request.

Nah.  I’ve eaten there twice and it’s fine.  Everyone is vaccinated.

Don’t know what this is. Can you describe?  I’ll post some Celebrity Today’s shortly if it’s in those.

Probably watch occupancy percentages to get an idea of potential crowds.

Got everything we wanted.  Chef’s Table we booked at payment time and it sold out before sailing.  Has 8 seats for tonight.  In order: Luminae, Le Petit Chef, Chef’s Table, Fine Cut, Raw on 5, Luminae and Fine Cut.

Booked in advance. As soon as we could.

Happy to share! 😊 

They profile you through phone calls to manage the process.  When you walk up they say “proof of vaccine” and wait for a reply.  Yes = Scan to profile and board.  No = You go somewhere to get your first of three antigen tests and wait on results.

Cheers Chippytoes!

Staying on message…. 😊

Yup.  95% until mid-July, at least.

Posting Celebrity Today’s shortly.  Should be in there, I hope.

Luggage valet is the optional program where, for a nominal fee, Celebrity takes your suitcases and delivers them directly to the airport in Fort Lauderdale.  You don't see the bags again until your final destination.    

3 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Luggage valet is the optional program where, for a nominal fee, Celebrity takes your suitcases and delivers them directly to the airport in Fort Lauderdale.  You don't see the bags again until your final destination.    

I have not read anything like that.  Probably not operational yet or I didn’t see it.  Thanks, I’d use it for sure!

11 minutes ago, bnurick said:

ahh.. those are not 'regular' food restaurants. 

i was talking about the buffet, and the 4 mdr's.

but it looks like you're not going to be visiting them on this cruise. (Lucky you :classic_smile: )

how about food at the spa cafe?

same foods as before the pandemic?

Edited by fstuff1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

ahh.. those are not 'regular' food restaurants. 

i was talking about the buffet, and the 4 mdr's.

but it looks like you're not going to be visiting them on this cruise. (Lucky you :classic_smile: )

how about food at the spa cafe?

same foods as before the pandemic?

Gotcha!  Yah, this is what I’ve dubbed our YOLO cruise. Let’s hope our position in $AMC stock does what we need it to do by the time the credit card bill comes due. 😉

For my fellow Fletch fans, see AMEX card below. 😂 

2 hours ago, lux4me said:

We booked late....4 days ago.   hoping we can get in to a few alternatives for our sailing Sat

I think you will be fine as long as you do first thing. You can book on the app too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bnurick said:

I have not read anything like that.  Probably not operational yet or I didn’t see it.  Thanks, I’d use it for sure!

On a seven day cruise, they usually tell you about it close to the middle of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Here's a question: what food options are available around 11AM? 

I'm on the July 17th sailing and we have a 3.5 hour excursion with no lunch that leaves at 11:30. Since there is no lunch on the excursion, we want to grab a quick bite around 11AM. I looked on the app and it looks like that is a lull time. (Spa cafe closes at 10, Oceanview 10, Eden cafe 10 also, Mast Grill doesn't open until 11:30). Am I missing something? Or, will the buffet still have some food out? I know Cafe al Bacio will be open, but they just have sweets, right? 

We are having the same discussion…we are on the July 17th sailing with you…we are on secret sands beach excursion in St. Thomas and are trying to figure out lunch possibilities.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the information and posting the Celebrity Todays. That is so helpful. Our family will be onboard Edge July 17 (cruise #4). First time on Celebrity though 3rd time booking the Edge (looks like this one will stick).  You uploaded a letter from Day 1 that outlined some new programs including "Upgraded AquaClass with new amenities and food and beverage offerings". We're booked in Aqua - can anyone speak to what has been upgraded or what is new?  Do you know if we need to make reservations for the Thermal Spa or the Gym or can we go whenever we want? Thanks for the help. Enjoy your trip!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

We are having the same discussion…we are on the July 17th sailing with you…we are on secret sands beach excursion in St. Thomas and are trying to figure out lunch possibilities.

Yup, that’s the excursion we’re on, it’ll be nice to meet you! I think we’re just settled on having two breakfasts since we’re early risers. The beach looks stunning and less crowded than Magens, so it should be worth it. 

4 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Yup, that’s the excursion we’re on, it’ll be nice to meet you! I think we’re just settled on having two breakfasts since we’re early risers. The beach looks stunning and less crowded than Magens, so it should be worth it. 

Yes..it will be nice to meet in person….my sister in-law who we are traveling with has done this excursion before and raves about it.

21 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

I know Rich Clesen is onboard. Was a Cruise Director previously. Was he promoted?

I finally asked about this today. Lauren is our cruise director, but Rich is also on board and is still a Cruise Director, just not THE cruise director for this sailing. They have a lot of positions doubled-up for the early sailings, and they also said that rich is one of the main people handling accommodations for the media. He'll be moving to another ship once more ramp up. We have two Hotel Directors on board at the moment too.

21 hours ago, Straughn said:

Do suites have assigned boarding times or do you get to board whenever?

We were assigned boarding times, but as far as I can tell they weren't being enforced for suites like they were for other guests. There was no real backup in the suites line anyway.

• Like 1

I am SOoooo happy for you to be on this cruise..and I must admit a little jealous too! I got goosebumps when I saw the TV coverage of the sail away..and almost cried..I really hadn't realized just HOW much I have missed cruising.  Have a terrific time and thank you for taking the time and effort to answer questions.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bnurick said:

Celebrity Today for Monday.

17AE2E87-173C-4283-921D-54C6D344FF94.jpeg

464B6656-AFD4-48B4-8227-3683DF70F11D.jpeg

BF8D1CC0-F239-4561-9A84-0E6B6102F7A5.jpeg

9600A374-BF72-4850-8160-0ED2D0807740.jpeg

Thank you!

We are doing the same itinerary on August 7th☺️( Just booked today)
Let the over planning begin🤣🤣

Dinner reservations at all specialty restaurants has already been accomplished 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sykes said:

I finally asked about this today. Lauren is our cruise director, but Rich is also on board and is still a Cruise Director, just not THE cruise director for this sailing. They have a lot of positions doubled-up for the early sailings, and they also said that rich is one of the main people handling accommodations for the media. He'll be moving to another ship once more ramp up. We have two Hotel Directors on board at the moment too.

We were assigned boarding times, but as far as I can tell they weren't being enforced for suites like they were for other guests. There was no real backup in the suites line anyway.

Love how Celebrity has extra staff…now that is awesome !

Rich is a great guy…we cruised with him in the past and was everywhere…even at the gangway to wish us all a good day at every port. Awesome guy ! 

Wondering about the Concierge lunch on embarkation day. Not listed in the Celebrity Today. Is this something that has been deleted? Wish they pushed the lunch times later since the earliest check in option we were given was 1 PM !!!

bnurick,

Thanks for all the info you've been posting.  I'm not sailing Edge until September but reading your posts makes me very excited.

Would you happen to know who the manager (maitre'd) of Luminae is?  Also, have you met the Retreat Manager and the Retreat Concierges?  If you know their names would you please post them? 

Thanks again for all your posts.......and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jcpc said:

bnurick,

Thanks for all the info you've been posting.  I'm not sailing Edge until September but reading your posts makes me very excited.

Would you happen to know who the manager (maitre'd) of Luminae is?  Also, have you met the Retreat Manager and the Retreat Concierges?  If you know their names would you please post them? 

Thanks again for all your posts.......and enjoy your cruise.

Not having ever sailed in a suite, would you mind elaborating on the role the retreat and luminae managers play in the cruise experience? Wondering if the suite experience justifies the upgrade expense.