Sailing on Edge June 26th

bnurick

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Is this the CS Bathroom?    Where is the counter, under the sink, or is this the second bathroom.

Yes.  It’s split into two sections. Also bedroom has a door as well as the entrance.

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

Looks like REALLY long lines for 30 something percent occupancy. What time was this at? What time was your assigned check in time? From what I heard Zeniths have lost all priority in the embarkation process !!!

Not really. It went very fast.  Like 10 minutes. And everyone was very happy so no debbie downer types.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Still looks like those folks are very happy.

Extremely.

1 hour ago, stinsowm said:

I loved the video so much of the passengers embarking and the crew member saying Welcome Home!! As a huge Celebrity cruiser brought joyful tears to my eyes!!

Walter 

Everyone on the ship is all smiles. People shed a tear leaving port. 

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

We’ll that just answered the question of whether or not I’ll cry when we board the Summit in August. 

Cry.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Watching both the Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale web cams, all the sound I am hearing is an occasional VHF message.  I recall hearing other sounds.  What are others experiencing?  

Lots of cheering.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

1,222 people watching the Fort Lauderdale port webcam right now; 923 at Port Everglades. 

We haven't been part of a webcam sailaway since last August, when hundreds (thousands?) of us watched MSC Grandiosa start sailing from Genoa.  Many tears of joy were shed.

It was emotional on the ship for many. 

Cheers 🥂 everyone. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

Looks like REALLY long lines for 30 something percent occupancy. What time was this at? What time was your assigned check in time? From what I heard Zeniths have lost all priority in the embarkation process !!!

A live streamer on YouTube stated that the time from entering terminal to boarding ship, ten minutes. He stated it was the quickest embarkation ever. 

• Like 1

I had sound on the Port Everglades webcam, but not on the Fort Lauderdale one. By the time she actually sail there were 8000 people watching between the 2 webcams. My wife and I each had our computers on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Yes.  It’s split into two sections. Also bedroom has a door as well as the entrance.

Not really. It went very fast.  Like 10 minutes. And everyone was very happy so no debbie downer types.

Extremely.

Everyone on the ship is all smiles. People shed a tear leaving port. 

Cry.

Lots of cheering.

It was emotional on the ship for many. 

Cheers 🥂 everyone. 

Not really. It went very fast.  Like 10 minutes. And everyone was very happy so no debbie downer types.  🥂

• Like 3

Just now, deliver42 said:

I had sound on the Port Everglades webcam, but not on the Fort Lauderdale one. By the time she actually sail there were 8000 people watching between the 2 webcams. My wife and I each had our computers on.

The FLL cam does not have sound and the Port Everglades cam no longer seems to keep the sound on at all times like they used to.

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Here's a great live stream from the Magic Carpet: 

I see Gio Benitez is aboard again--he also was on the Millenium earlier this month.

Tough gig.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, cangelmd said:

Thank you so much for posting this!

our TA just got confirmation from Celebrity that a card from the health care entity administering the vaccine was acceptable, the card does not have to say CDC. Those of us in health care that got vaccinated early have a hodgepodge of cards and I think at least one of the big drug store chains used cards different than the CDC ones.

So true.  My DH and I both work in healthcare, and we got our vaccines early December, completing our course the first week in January.  I think our cards are different than people who got vaccinated later.

24 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Not sure if I saw this mentioned anywhere..as part of the check in process were people asked to show their vaccinated card in the terminal before they were allowed onboard?

From the live stream above it appears that guests were asked if they would volunteer proof of vaccination. 

Curious how it went. 

15 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

The FLL cam does not have sound and the Port Everglades cam no longer seems to keep the sound on at all times like they used to.

We watched sail away on a webcam through plz.com, I think it was. There appeared to be 2 cameras, for different angles. We had one up on the TV through Youtube, and another camera on our cellphones through the internet. We had sound in and out. LOTS of horn blowing! OMG, so emotional, I shed more than a few tears. Actually, a lot of tears. We saw Captain Kate waving at the camera; saw all those people along the canal waving flags, blowing air horns; and one dude asking if Kate was going to keep blowing the "whistle" all damn night. How I longed to be on that ship! We will be following as many videos and live streams as we can this week. 

17 minutes ago, kimlovesfl said:

We watched sail away on a webcam through plz.com, I think it was. There appeared to be 2 cameras, for different angles. We had one up on the TV through Youtube, and another camera on our cellphones through the internet. We had sound in and out. LOTS of horn blowing! OMG, so emotional, I shed more than a few tears. Actually, a lot of tears. We saw Captain Kate waving at the camera; saw all those people along the canal waving flags, blowing air horns; and one dude asking if Kate was going to keep blowing the "whistle" all damn night. How I longed to be on that ship! We will be following as many videos and live streams as we can this week. 

Two separate cameras. Both belong to PTZtv. The FLL cam with no sound is attached to the Pier 66 tower overlooking the port. Good high angle view.

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

The Port Everglades cam is located on the balcony of the owners and has sound from time to time. The sound used to be on at all times but now only occasionally. 

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

• Like 1

16 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

Enjoy your cruise everyone. Will be following along. Stay safe.

Thanks!  Will do!

14 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Aren't these photos inside the cruise terminal? I see people with no masks. I thought all people, vaxxed or not, are supposed to wear masks inside the terminal.

Yes. People who didn’t have them were provided one.  It took a little time for them to get in a routine. 

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Not sure if I saw this mentioned anywhere..as part of the check in process were people asked to show their vaccinated card in the terminal before they were allowed onboard?

Yes. We were asked via a phone call before so they had a head count for the 5%.  They took a picture of each vaccination card and loaded it to your profile. Emails said they would review them. I also think they are available for foreign countries review for access. 

2 hours ago, D C said:

From the live stream above it appears that guests were asked if they would volunteer proof of vaccination. 

Curious how it went. 

Smooth as silk. No one really cares.  No one talks about. Everyone was asked via a phone call a week before so they would know preferences.  No vaccine or decline you are in the 5% and where masks, possible denied entry into ports, etc.  Like literally no one cares…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silkismom said:

About how far in advance was the phone call, we never answer the phone if it isn't a known person.

Was a week out. I didn’t answer the first time but they left a voicemail and I called back. The next time I just answered and it was the concierge again checking on our 14 year old.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 9:46 AM, bnurick said:

Today’s email

Thank you for being our "eyes" onboard! We are booked on the first Equinox sailing July 25. When did you start hearing from Celebrity regarding "check-in" etc. Celebrity told me it would be 30 days prior to sailing but we still haven't received notice. Thank you in advance. Don't forget to enjoy!

Just now, bonvoyaged said:

Thank you for being our "eyes" onboard! We are booked on the first Equinox sailing July 25. When did you start hearing from Celebrity regarding "check-in" etc. Celebrity told me it would be 30 days prior to sailing but we still haven't received notice. Thank you in advance. Don't forget to enjoy!

You are welcome. Catching up on replies at lunch on Raw on Five.  I recall the first call about 10 days from sailing and another 9 days. I think the second call was because we had a 14 year old and it was a tight turn for him to have his second shot and waiting period before sailing, which he completed 9 days before the sailing date.  It’s been great, people tearing up leaving port, media broadcasting, crew so appreciative to have passengers and a job.  Every interaction feels like a hug.  A vessel of like minded people. No drama.  Zero, zilch, nada, none... Cheers to your cruise!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

You are welcome. Catching up on replies at lunch on Raw on Five.  I recall the first call about 10 days from sailing and another 9 days. I think the second call was because we had a 14 year old and it was a tight turn for him to have his second shot and waiting period before sailing, which he completed 9 days before the sailing date.  It’s been great, people tearing up leaving port, media broadcasting, crew so appreciative to have passengers and a job.  Every interaction feels like a hug.  A vessel of like minded people. No drama.  Zero, zilch, nada, none... Cheers to your cruise!

2 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Zero, zilch, nada, none... Cheers to your cruise!

I have never understood the drama...you are on a cruise!!! Anyway...thanks again and bonvoyage!

• Like 1