Covid on Adventure

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's entirely likely the kids had covid prior to boarding. And it's entirely likely if they weren't on a cruise this week neither kid ever would have known they had covid.

The extreme stigma over a positive test has to go away or we'll never get back to normal

or...get vaccinated.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's entirely likely the kids had covid prior to boarding. And it's entirely likely if they weren't on a cruise this week neither kid ever would have known they had covid.

The extreme stigma over a positive test has to go away or we'll never get back to normal

Here's hoping Smokeybandit never gets a job as a medical advisor. He /She  has down played this since the start.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We will be on board AOS in about a week. My kids, ages 13 and 16, are both vaccinated. There’s no way to identify these younger teens who are or aren’t vaccinated, so I don’t know how they will enforce the mask protocol for kids. If it’s a small child, it’s obvious. But kids ages 12 to 15 (eligible for vaccinations) aren’t currently required to be vaxxed on RCCL AOS, so that’s the age group where the uncertainty will be. 

Edited by sneadae
  • Like 2

Just now, smokeybandit said:

As we saw on Celebrity, the same negative stigma is there for any vaccinated person who tests positive, too.

Possibly....but...its less likely.....why make it difficult?  

15 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well this is actually great news.  It also shoots down the theory that non-vaxed people will ruin cruise vacations by ending the entire cruise! News like this will create a few additinal bookings for Royal.

Actually this causes me concern, as more unvaccinated choose to cruise the likelihood of the variant finding hosts increases. I pray the children do not need to be hospitalized. And pray more people 16 -50 choose more vaccination. This is still nothing to treat lightly.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

Actually this causes me concern, as more unvaccinated choose to cruise the likelihood of the variant finding hosts increases. I pray the children do not need to be hospitalized. And pray more people 16 -50 choose more vaccination. This is still nothing to treat lightly.  

Actually, the number of non vaccinated passengers I believe will be decreasing not increasing.  As the age requirement drops to age 12 soon. This change will force the parents to either cancel or vaccinate their kids. 

• Like 2

Makes Celebrity clear accountability policy more appealing to me, and other cruise lines hopefully will follow. People need to be held accountable for the impact of their choices, especially since vaccines prevent illness, JMO. Hope children stay well. Sadly I hear too many folks thinking of this as a reward. If their children were eligible to be vaccinated, they made their choice. Hopefully parents encourage their kids to follow rules, wear masks, and not make life harder for cruise line. Okay disagree....but please be respectful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Last week, the protocols for unvaccinated passengers were not followed. Unvaccinated passengers were openly disregarding masking requirements despite repeated public reminders. The crew were not ready to enforce those rules. Since the kids congregate together, the symptomatic kid could have passed the virus along to his friends who could become covid-positive by the time they are flying back home. 

How do you know? Can you send a link? Would like to hear from folks on ship.

5 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

BirdTravels was on the ship(Adventure last week)

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

In defense of my fellow CC member Smokey is just trying to be practical and non-alarmist, something I believe is a valid point.  Too many like to speak as if they have all the answers...they do not.  I do not.  This doesn't keep them from saying nasty things about people who are pragmatic and reasonable, when actually they do not realize their sarcastic statements point their own fingers at themselves as they write them.  Amusing.  I wouldn't trust anyone on here as a medical advisor...just saying.  JMHO, and as you all like to say, my privilege.

I have to point out that just because someone is on my Ignore list doesn't mean I can't see what they have said in a quote.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Actually, the number of non vaccinated passengers I believe will be decreasing not increasing.  As the age requirement drops to age 12 soon. This change will force the parents to either cancel or vaccinate their kids. 

Except for cruises departing Florida where unvaccinated of any age are free to board Royal ships.

Edited by BSocial
Added
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

I was on the ship. The link to my live post is below. Satisfied??????

I have clearly documented the lack of compliance as a safety issue in my post-cruise survey. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It depends on the policy, but most exclude any claim resulting from a pandemic or epidemic. 

I came across a Forbes article on covid travel insurance. https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-pandemic-travel-insurance/ I actually ended up using squaremouth.com to find travel insurance that had some covid coverage... appears to overlap some of what Royal says it would do..but wanted to have something in place for our Aug cruise that did not exclude covid... If I recall there is some hurricane coverage as well.. I wasn't as concerned about that....

Question - the transporting confirmed cases home goes through October, which coincides with the end of current CSO by the CDC.  
   So - IF the CSO is officially withdrawn earlier, will Royal stop the guaranteed care for quarantine and repatriation at that time?  Also, 

are they currently only doing this for positive passengers who purchased air through ChoiceAir - or for any case. 

10 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Question - the transporting confirmed cases home goes through October, which coincides with the end of current CSO by the CDC.  
   So - IF the CSO is officially withdrawn earlier, will Royal stop the guaranteed care for quarantine and repatriation at that time?  Also, 

are they currently only doing this for positive passengers who purchased air through ChoiceAir - or for any case. 

Royal has stated on their website on the Healthy Sail page that the Covid assistance plan will end with voyages that sail Oct. 31. So yes it will stop. 

After that, it is up to the passenger. Read the passenger contract. It is tedious, but you will find it spelled out there. 

Start shopping for insurance. Most will cover Covid medical, but check to see how it covers quarantine costs. More reading - or contact a reliable broker to help you.

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The most likely case is they were infected already when they took the pre-cruise tests, just not enough to test positive.  They were in Cozumel on Tuesday, and that'd be way too fast to show symptoms. Only other place they were was Coco Cay by themselves.

13 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

They tested negative to get on the ship and then positive to get off the ship. So somewhere they contracted Covid. My guess was at one of the ports. But meh... no biggee as the vaxed folks were are protected. 

Speculating where and when the kids were infected is kinda pointless. 

Random Facts: 

Pre-cruise PCR tests can be done up to 5 days prior to embarkation (Monday 6/14). This satisfies both the Bahamas Health Visa and RCCL requirements. 

Kids 12-16 have to report their health status to the Bahamas government daily (the ship's wifi allows access to the Bahamas Health Visa site without charge)

Incubation for COVID is 2-14 days. 

The vaccination rate in the Bahamas was in the single digits at time of embarkation (i.e., most people in the Bahamas are not vaccinated.)

At time of embarkation, the Mexican state where Cozumel is located was the only state rated Orange (second highest) on the Mexican COVID stoplight chart. Other states were yellow and green. 

Over the past month, the positivity rate in Florida has been >10% (which is really high compared to other states). And their vaccination rate is 41% (low compared to other states)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, BSocial said:

So - IF the CSO is officially withdrawn earlier, will Royal stop the guaranteed care for quarantine and repatriation at that time?  

Also, are they currently only doing this for positive passengers who purchased air through ChoiceAir - or for any case. 

(1) They'd had to refund (not give FCC) for anyone who wanted to cancel because they had materially changed the conditions of the sailing.

(2) All passengers

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

(1) They'd had to refund (not give FCC) for anyone who wanted to cancel because they had materially changed the conditions of the sailing.

(2) All passengers

I’m not sure about the refund The policy is stated in writing now - a change, yes, but one that was announced well ahead of time.

Edited by Babr

11 minutes ago, Babr said:

I’m not sure about the refund The policy is stated in writing now - a change, yes, but one that was announced well ahead of time.

I'm referring to passengers who booked a sailing through October 31 between the time they made the guarantee and when they rescinded it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pre-cruise PCR tests can be done up to 5 days prior to embarkation (Monday 6/14). This satisfies both the Bahamas Health Visa and RCCL requirements. 

RC/Bahamas requires a test 5 days prior to arriving in the Bahamas, not embarkation.

Edited by smokeybandit