Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting.  For B2B2B begin OCT 01, I don't even get past step 1 to see any res or make a choice.  I get DMW Unavailable - Check Back Later.  Thanks for letting me know your SEP situation.

Did you try alternative ways to sign in to the App ?

There is still an app problem.  I login and stay logged in.  I have had all green checks for two weeks; with the exception of arrival.  I sail Oct 4;  assume the arrival/departure will open up 30 days prior.  I don't believe I have ever logged out of the app.   I do close it on my iphone by swiping up;  so I know you guys are frustrated;  all I am trying to convey in this wordy paragraph is the app is buggy;;  always has been.  No one knows why certain people (like me) have no issues at all and others can't get past their name and address.  I will try and help those who continue to have issues.  All the best to everyone

19 hours ago, t&atravel said:

I’m confused!  If it shows the version history in the app store as 3.1.3 and it says “open” you DO have the newest version of the app.  What makes you think you have the old version?  If it’s because you aren’t showing the airport return, heath etc that the update “says” it added then don’t worry, I don’t have it either.  With this app just because it says it added something don’t always expect it to be there.  😂 

Sorry I confused you.  I must not be explaining things properly.  When I go into my settings and to the app, it now tells me that I have Version 3.0.93241  But when I go into the App Store as you instructed, it tells me that the latest version is now as of today 3.1.4.  No I am not using the fact that I still do not have the airport return or the health update etc. to believe I do not have the latest version of the app.  But the fact that when I look to see what version I have in my settings for that app, it says MedallianClass Version 3.0.93241 today.  Is that screen in settings incorrect and I really do have the new version?  Like I said, I have only had a smart phone for a week or so.  I am definitely "smartphone challenged" at this point. Again, sorry for the confusion on my part.  I totally appreciate you and Steelers36 and others here for all your help.  I would not have gotten this far without it.

DavidsNana where in settings do you see version number. On my Apple phone Settings does not show version number. Also when I go to App Store Medallionclass shows Open or Upgrade, so I assumed Open meant I have the latest version, but I could not see a way to confirm this. I did delete and reinstall to make sure I had latest version. Though I am sure Update is sufficient, no need to Delete.

Also FYI for the longest time I did not get Emergency Airport or Travel info even with latest version. I sent a couple of emails to Support line and those items appeared yesterday without needing to update to 3.1.4 I am guessing that Support fixed something in my online data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

Sorry I confused you.  I must not be explaining things properly.  When I go into my settings and to the app, it now tells me that I have Version 3.0.93241  But when I go into the App Store as you instructed, it tells me that the latest version is now as of today 3.1.4.  No I am not using the fact that I still do not have the airport return or the health update etc. to believe I do not have the latest version of the app.  But the fact that when I look to see what version I have in my settings for that app, it says MedallianClass Version 3.0.93241 today.  Is that screen in settings incorrect and I really do have the new version?  Like I said, I have only had a smart phone for a week or so.  I am definitely "smartphone challenged" at this point. Again, sorry for the confusion on my part.  I totally appreciate you and Steelers36 and others here for all your help.  I would not have gotten this far without it.

46 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

DavidsNana where in settings do you see version number. On my Apple phone Settings does not show version number. Also when I go to App Store Medallionclass shows Open or Upgrade, so I assumed Open meant I have the latest version, but I could not see a way to confirm this. I did delete and reinstall to make sure I had latest version. Though I am sure Update is sufficient, no need to Delete.

Also FYI for the longest time I did not get Emergency Airport or Travel info even with latest version. I sent a couple of emails to Support line and those items appeared yesterday without needing to update to 3.1.4 I am guessing that Support fixed something in my online data.

I was going to say the same thing as Tedferg, where in settings do you see a version number??   Can you send a screen shot? I can only see the version in the app store for both my phone and iPad.  Maybe i will learn something today. 😁

Go to App Store on an apple device and find the app. Then click on the sea witch logo. Don’t click on “open”.

After you click on seawitch logo,  you will get to the screen you see in my first photo.

Then in the first photo you see Version History and you click on that to see the app history noted in the second photo.

523EBBD9-BEAA-4467-B3E5-564BD2FDBFED.png

81955338-E27A-4B51-ACC0-B5E3ABED5662.png

Edited by erber
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, erber said:

Go to App Store on an apple device and find the app. Then click on the sea witch logo. Don’t click on “open”.

After you click on seawitch logo,  you will get to the screen you see in my first photo.

Then in the first photo you see Version History and you click on that to see the app history noted in the second photo.

523EBBD9-BEAA-4467-B3E5-564BD2FDBFED.png

81955338-E27A-4B51-ACC0-B5E3ABED5662.png

Thanks but Yes…that’s where I see the info, but “DavidsNana” said they saw that they had and “older version” and found it in settings!!  Never seen that, so I was asking them where they see it and to send a screen shot.

Erber, thanks but I think you are answering the wrong question. The question was how to check what version you already have on Apple device. We see Open or Update in  App store. But DavidsNana implied she could see what version was installed already. I had asked because I suspected I did not have latest version even though App Store said 'Open'.

I do believe Open versus Update shows you have latest version.

Got it. I have an iPad and when I go into settings I cannot see a version number of the app. 

Interestingly, on my phone, which is a Google Pixel, I can go into my settings, open my list of apps, scroll down to the medallion class app and see the version number in the details. I don’t know if this can also be done on an apple phone. 

I agree, if it says open vs. update you probably have the latest version of the app, whether you are in an android or apple device.

Sorry for my misunderstanding the original question.  

12 days out from our cruise. Everything completed on app and assigned to green line at noon. However, no notification of our medallions even being sent let alone having been received. Oh well, just more hassle in an attempt to just board the ship!

Still not working,,, we set sail sept 26th. Cannot order medallions, cannot upload documents as it states that the compass is currently unavailable, so i am still blue lane for now..  Does anyone have a phone number for the app itself? I have called princess so many times and each time they say it is being elevated and they are aware but I never get called back.  

18 minutes ago, Loretta_Thomas said:

Still not working,,, we set sail sept 26th. Cannot order medallions, cannot upload documents as it states that the compass is currently unavailable, so i am still blue lane for now..  Does anyone have a phone number for the app itself? I have called princess so many times and each time they say it is being elevated and they are aware but I never get called back.  

I had those issues until I emailed the app team. It took a few emails but suddenly things started working. You likely have a data translation issue. Calling Princess isn't likely to do any good. Send email and detail your issues.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I had those issues until I emailed the app team. It took a few emails but suddenly things started working. You likely have a data translation issue. Calling Princess isn't likely to do any good. Send email and detail your issues.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

I had similar experience second email seemed to do the trick. I also called Support 844-525-0942 and after long wait got a helpful person who fixed a couple of data items for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Having cruised Alaska before I know "dress up evenings" are more casual. Does it appear that dress slacks and a long sleeved, collared dress shirt is enough? We're on the August 8th departure.

Princess has been casual dress on formal nights for quite a while, especially on Alaskan cruises.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, t&atravel said:

I was going to say the same thing as Tedferg, where in settings do you see a version number??   Can you send a screen shot? I can only see the version in the app store for both my phone and iPad.  Maybe i will learn something today. 😁

For iPhone Users

Go to Settings,: General  then iPhone Storage, A list of apps will load. Select MedallionClass app. The Version shows Version: 3.0.93241 This is after going to the Apple Store and "opening" the app in apple store. Which is showing Version 3.1.4 etc.  Go figure?? Hope this helps

30 minutes ago, kjg46 said:

For iPhone Users

Go to Settings,: General  then iPhone Storage, A list of apps will load. Select MedallionClass app. The Version shows Version: 3.0.93241 This is after going to the Apple Store and "opening" the app in apple store. Which is showing Version 3.1.4 etc.  Go figure?? Hope this helps

Thanks for this!!  Who knew!?  I am also showing the 3.0.93241 even after updating!  Bizarre.  I will need to read up on that.