Initial Platinum/Diamond Gift...

BlerkOne

They have been bleeding cash the last year plus.  It's probably a good thing they already have something they can use.  We received the tags on our January 2020 cruise, but it's not a problem.  Certainly understand where they are at.  We are just ready to cruise.

• Like 6

I am fine with getting the luggage tags and thankful that Carnival didn't go under during the pandemic while they lost billions of dollars.  I've never had a bad Carnival cruise and will be even more appreciative of the hard work of their crew members who have had a challenging year.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I guess I'll get 3 of them. I got 3 by the end of oct. I often find a newbie who wants a carnival logo. 

You only get three (or for that matter one) if you go to Pixels and pick one up each cruise.

Just for the heck of it, I just went to eBay to see what people are selling the VIFP luggage tags for. I didn’t see any, but there sure are a lot of folks selling those numbered debarkation luggage tags.

Shoot!  I think of all those low number tags that we threw away because we usually carry off our luggage... I could have sold them and paid for a cheers package LOL

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 1

This is my first cruise as Platinum- no early boarding and a luggage tag... LOL but hey I still get the shiny platinum card and actually I do like the luggage tag idea- I have some from Disney trips that I still use all the time. I'd like some Carnival ones to throw in the mix and to be honest if it was a water bottle or blanket or something I'd probably just end up giving it to Goodwill. 

1 hour ago, Jasonsterling said:

This is my first cruise as Platinum- no early boarding and a luggage tag... LOL but hey I still get the shiny platinum card and actually I do like the luggage tag idea- I have some from Disney trips that I still use all the time. I'd like some Carnival ones to throw in the mix and to be honest if it was a water bottle or blanket or something I'd probably just end up giving it to Goodwill. 

Did I miss something? Why didn't/wouldn't you get early boarding and the gift on your first Platinum cruise? You should/should have, unless rules have changed. 

9 hours ago, Runaway Parent said:

Did I miss something? Why didn't/wouldn't you get early boarding and the gift on your first Platinum cruise? You should/should have, unless rules have changed. 

I'm referencing my upcoming cruise which will be my first as platinum. I could be wrong but I thought early boarding was suspended currently due to COVID- along with FTTF which is fine. Probably won't get to the port early enough anyway, lol but I do think boarding is going to all be on a strict reservation system set up. The "gift" is the luggage tag, lol. That's what this post was about. I meant my reply as light hearted, I really don't care- just a bit of irony that it's my first, ha ha.  

11 hours ago, Jasonsterling said:

Welcome to the Platinumed  gentry 🙂  You now have the benefit of checking in online for your arrival time 48 hours before gold, red and blue members. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, Lee Cruiser said:

They have been bleeding cash the last year plus.  It's probably a good thing they already have something they can use.  We received the tags on our January 2020 cruise, but it's not a problem.  Certainly understand where they are at.  We are just ready to cruise.

Same here - I've received several of the tags.  I try to be appreciative of anything they give me.  Right now, I guess beggars can't be choosers.  I just hope the P/D gifts continue.  Time will tell. I'll just be thankful to board a ship in September!