Live from the Carnival Vista July 3

skylane182

12 hours ago, skylane182 said:

Emulated was so easy! Went right to room watched video and then went to muster area to check in.  Very smooth. Guests have until sail time to complete.  We sailed about 30 minutes late. Not sure if that was due to people not completing it in time or what.  

I loved this compared to the traditional muster 

If you know, did they hunt down those who may have not done the new e-muster?

12 hours ago, AtoZgirl said:

Was the check in process smooth and pretty similar to before?

Were people following their arrival times?

Yes check in was a breeze.  We had a later window 1:30-2:00.  I heard early check in was a bit crowded due to all the press and carnival execs.  Those scheduled to board at 11 said they were in their room by 11:30.  People did follow check in times.  We came about 19 minutes early with no problem. 

14 hours ago, ontheweb said:

How smoothly is the new virtual muster drill going? What kind of time frame are they giving for passengers to complete it?

Does it feel odd not to have the traditional muster?

12 hours ago, AtoZgirl said:

Was the check in process smooth and pretty similar to before?

Were people following their arrival times?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Entertainment on board was good as far as music goes. Several live venues and piano bar.  Early dinner was a really long wait for food and drinks and the food was average, IMO, but they are trying really hard.  Service has been great . 

• Like 2

Night two dinner menus and sea day brunch menu posted above.  I can’t find a printed or posted copy of the fun times - it’s all in the hub app.  Comedian tonight is Jimmy Della Valle. 

Have a fabulous 4th!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, skylane182 said:

I should also mention no menus at dinner. They have gone paperless, so you need to bring your phone to scan and see the menu

Uh, oh, what if we don't own a smartphone?

• Like 3

Are you able to see all the dinner menus on the carnival hub app on day 1?  I would like to see which nights to do specialty dining and like to choose the nights we don’t particularly like the MDR options.  Thank you in advance.

34 minutes ago, lstockford said:

Are you able to see all the dinner menus on the carnival hub app on day 1?  I would like to see which nights to do specialty dining and like to choose the nights we don’t particularly like the MDR options.  Thank you in advance.

Yes

31 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Do you have to make reservations for shows?

No - not even available yet. But John says that ability is coming. The only things you can make reservations for is dining. And then you can get in the queue for the shore excursions desk. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh my. I was worried about getting the excursion I wanted with all the obc floating around.

Oh it's said "Less than 5 minute wait" the entire time. So I don't think there's a huge line there. 

The huge line is at customer service. No matter what time of day, it's been wrapped  almost all the way to the shore excursions desk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kwakwa630 said:

Oh it's said "Less than 5 minute wait" the entire time. So I don't think there's a huge line there. 

The huge line is at customer service. No matter what time of day, it's been wrapped  almost all the way to the shore excursions desk. 

I wonder why so many need to talk to customer service?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wonder why so many need to talk to customer service?

I'm thinking obc questions or complimentary gifts (maybe they didn't research). Other than day 1 & the final full day I've never understood why the lines are so long period

• Like 1