Live from the Carnival Vista July 3

skylane182

Hello all!  We boarded at 1:30 and it was a very smooth process, yes masks are required until you step onto the ship. Crew is awesome and so welcoming.  Lunch in lido was self serve.  Ship is at 75% capacity I think.  

the Vista is a beautiful ship!  Questions let me know.  I’ll try to log in at least daily

DC817EB2-9501-4C7E-832B-592174D8A1E2.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

How smoothly is the new virtual muster drill going? What kind of time frame are they giving for passengers to complete it?

Does it feel odd not to have the traditional muster?

Edited by ontheweb

Have a fabulous vacation.  

Are there any things that seem like work in progress?

If it isn't too much trouble: If it's possible to take screen shots of the fun times or photos of the daily fun times one sheet, and post them, that would answer most of my questions. 

In particular I'm interested to know who is playing in the punchliner and what the reservation process is, if any. 

Also what other talent/entertainment aside from production shows, if any .

Also main dining room menus. If that's too much trouble, don't worry about it.  I'm sure I can find it somewhere in cyberspace. 

Enjoy and congrats!

• Like 2

Emulated was so easy! Went right to room watched video and then went to muster area to check in.  Very smooth. Guests have until sail time to complete.  We sailed about 30 minutes late. Not sure if that was due to people not completing it in time or what.  

I loved this compared to the traditional muster 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

God, It feels like we are getting back to normal having live threads on here now. 

Also this song might not be for everyone but the start of the song is how I will feel when I step onto MG in August. 

Great pop song.  Not a fan of rap or hip hop when the singers just sing about themselves, but this song has a great sound and message.  I'll be singing it when I board Pride now, thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skylane182 said:

Hello all!  We boarded at 1:30 and it was a very smooth process, yes masks are required until you step onto the ship. Crew is awesome and so welcoming.  Lunch in lido was self serve.  Ship is at 75% capacity I think.  

the Vista is a beautiful ship!  Questions let me know.  I’ll try to log in at least daily

DC817EB2-9501-4C7E-832B-592174D8A1E2.jpeg

image.jpg

Have a great time! 

Also on this sailing. A few answers: 

Emuster was super easy. 5 minute demo of how to put on a lifejacket. About 15 mins before sailaway, still 300 who didn't complete it. 

Things that need improvement so far: 

- organization. They're still trying to get back in the swing of things and don't have all their ducks in a row when it comes to checking in for my time dining, keeping non-havana people out of the Havana area, etc. 

- wifi. It didn't work until about 645 and is suuuuuper slow. 

- dining service times - we sat waiting between courses for longer than we were actually eating. 

Vaccine proof - Vaccine card is what I showed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Also, activities seem sparse. They are all loaded into the hub app and there's literally nothing I want to do before about 7 pm. 

To be expected on the first cruise back, bit still disappointing. 

White night is happening, other deck parties aren't showing. Quest not listed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kwakwa630 said:

Also on this sailing. A few answers: 

Emuster was super easy. 5 minute demo of how to put on a lifejacket. About 15 mins before sailaway, still 300 who didn't complete it. 

Things that need improvement so far: 

- organization. They're still trying to get back in the swing of things and don't have all their ducks in a row when it comes to checking in for my time dining, keeping non-havana people out of the Havana area, etc. 

- wifi. It didn't work until about 645 and is suuuuuper slow. 

- dining service times - we sat waiting between courses for longer than we were actually eating. 

Vaccine proof - Vaccine card is what I showed. 

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will get smoother as it goes along. At least you are finally on the ocean, I' so jealous. Still have a few weeks to wait; we're on the first cruise out of California, on Panorama Aug 21