Live from the Carnival Vista July 3

skylane182

32 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

What’s going on with excursions? Do they have to be carnival or can you book one independently?

The vaccinated are allowed to explore on their own at the port. It's only the unvaccinated that has to use Carnival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

The vaccinated are allowed to explore on their own at the port. It's only the unvaccinated that has to use Carnival.

Do you know if this is true for all ports, or are there some ports that are requiring "bubble excursions"?

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Do you know if this is true for all ports, or are there some ports that are requiring "bubble excursions"?

Right now there are no restrictions on ports for vaccinated.  We only have 5 bubble excursions listed for my sailing next Saturday and it seems like if there's issues they switch out the port.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crzndeb said:

When you use the app, you connect to the ship’s internal intranet, which is different than the outside internet. Once you have the app loaded, prior to boarding, put your device in airplane mode, and you should be good to go. Previously the only thing you paid for on the app was $5 (entire cruise), for the chat feature. 

Interesting, i had no idea.

Can we use the ships intranet to text each other?  We’re going with a big group this time.. 

2 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Interesting, i had no idea.

Can we use the ships intranet to text each other?  We’re going with a big group this time.. 

Yes. That's the $5 for the whole cruise, but obviously everyone you want to text with has to buy it.

9 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Thanks for the live 🙂  Have you seen in the lido if the gelato station is open at lunch? The included in your cruise fare gelatos are one of our absolute favorite dessert items on Vista. Thank you

Oh I totally forgot about their gelato! Yes - SOOOOOO good!  And a lot of people miss it because they just aren't aware of it.  And as for people who haven't used the CCL app, it's great!  We used it for several cruises prior to CV shutdown. Worked great for YTD reservations and it was nice to have all of the upcoming menus for the week at our finger tips.  Helped plan out the week better in case we had an excursion day where we may be too tired to go do MDR or if there was a night when the menu just didn't appeal to us.  It also has the weather forecast. What kind of music are the bands playing around the ship?  We were hoping The Blackjack Band or 2Country4Nashville would be back, but I guess not - at least I haven't seen any CCL gigs listed on their individual websites.😥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

Gelato station?  8 Carnival cruises and I never knew about a gelato station!  Where is this?  Cruising in 2 months.

Have you seen in the LIDO if the gelato station is open at lunch?

Vista Class ships for sure, other ships may not have it.

32 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

Gelato station?  8 Carnival cruises and I never knew about a gelato station!  Where is this?  Cruising in 2 months.

I cruised vista before before covid and it rarely had anything there. Got to try it once I think.

Easy to miss as it was  mostly closed down.

Just now, firefly333 said:

I cruised vista before before covid and it rarely had anything there. Got to try it once I think.

Easy to miss as it was  mostly closed down.

Hmmmmm......not our experience at all.  We made it a point to have gelato at lunch.  They have different flavors each day with toppings to go with it. The staff always served it, even before CV, and we enjoyed visiting with them as always.  Can't wait to have more!

• Like 1

Just now, LHARTWICK said:

Hmmmmm......not our experience at all.  We made it a point to have gelato at lunch.  They have different flavors each day with toppings to go with it. The staff always served it, even before CV, and we enjoyed visiting with them as always.  Can't wait to have more!

This was nov of 19 or 2018, but it was always closed. Of course I read later sky ride was often closed later on, at least was open for my cruise. I hope it's open at lunch and no problems freezing like before.

Just now, LHARTWICK said:

This was nov of 19 or 2018, but it was always closed. Of course I read later sky ride was often closed later on, at least was open for my cruise. I hope it's open at lunch and no problems freezing like before.

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

In February, 2020 aboard the Panorama the gelato station was opened on time and in accordance with the posted serving times. I will say there were disappointed people who arrived after the service time and the freezer unit was being rolled away from the buffet to the galley for cleaning. Be on time folks, you snooze you lose. 

gel.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

where do you find it on the Vista?  thank you

2 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

where do you find it on the Vista?  thank you

Right in front as you walk into the buffet in the middle if I remember right.

It had freezing problems my cruise I hope are fixed. All I got was one day of mushy . Looking forward to it 

• Like 1