Live from the Carnival Vista July 3

skylane182

Funny story about Havana Bars.

I was on some CCL cruise, don't remember which, and it was the first with a Havana Bar and cuban coffee!!

Well....until I ordered the "cuban coffee" and the guy goes "with or without sugar?"

Uhhh.....nooo......

2 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Funny story about Havana Bars.

I was on some CCL cruise, don't remember which, and it was the first with a Havana Bar and cuban coffee!!

Well....until I ordered the "cuban coffee" and the guy goes "with or without sugar?"

Uhhh.....nooo......

I missed the cuban coffee onboard, was busy with a friend and other stuff, but for sure will check it out.

I used to live in S. FL. and had Cuban coffee from a truck that drove around, friends made it at their house etc. Loved it every time. Definitely on my list for vista. Breeze wouldnt have it so have to get it next cruise, and get my fill. Wish I was  cruising sooner.

1 hour ago, msunrullieone said:

Earlier this week I was the only one on the serenity deck for awhile—talk about serene. The only drawback so far is that a lady in a scooter ran over my foot by the omelette station. It’s bruising up but I’m gonna keep drinking. 🙂 It’s so good to be back on a cruise. 

Gee, reduced capacity and yet the people on scooters still manage to run over feet.🤦‍♂️ I wonder if that is a sign of a return to normalcy?

Did she at least apologize?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

Gee, reduced capacity and yet the people on scooters still manage to run over feet.🤦‍♂️ I wonder if that is a sign of a return to normalcy?

Unfortunately she did not—she got her two eggs over medium and booked it out of there! It looks like I have a tiremark bruise right below my toes all the way across my foot! So I definitely think somethings have returned to normal. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, msunrullieone said:

Unfortunately she did not—she got her two eggs over medium and booked it out of there! It looks like I have a tiremark bruise right below my toes all the way across my foot! So I definitely think somethings have returned to normal. 🤷‍♀️

That was no "lady" that ran over your foot without so much as a by your leave. It was woman, but certainly not a lady. I'm sorry that happened to you and were ignored after the fact.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, msunrullieone said:

Yes, it does sound like a return to normal, the unfortunate part of normal.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your experiences!  We will be on the 7/17 cruise.  Just curious, have they said what kind of reduced occupancy they are operating at?  Our cruise is no longer showing available to book.  Just wondering if we will be a reduced sailing, or if they filled it up.

Todd

25 minutes ago, aadaneboy said:

Thanks for sharing your experiences!  We will be on the 7/17 cruise.  Just curious, have they said what kind of reduced occupancy they are operating at?  Our cruise is no longer showing available to book.  Just wondering if we will be a reduced sailing, or if they filled it up.

Todd

The first 2 have gone out at little less than 60%.

We need to stop calling the electric butt carts "scooters." I have ridden Harley's since the '70's, those are the only motorized vehicles entitled to be called "scooters."

I am sorry for msunrullieone  who was injured by a recalcitrant operator. Prior to bringing a device aboard, they should be required to attend and pass an 8 hour University level class on safe operation, and manners when operating around people on foot. 

Accidents should be reported to security, and result in "Pork chop" being issued a 24 hour time out if at fault. 

Edited by Moviela
  • Like 4

On 7/4/2021 at 7:22 AM, skylane182 said:

I should also mention no menus at dinner. They have gone paperless, so you need to bring your phone to scan and see the menu

And if you do not own a smart phone?

On 7/5/2021 at 6:30 AM, lobster1313 said:

The vaccinated are allowed to explore on their own at the port. It's only the unvaccinated that has to use Carnival.

How do they tell who is vaccinated and who is not?

I assume the unvaccinated need to wear masks much of the time.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

If it is anything like the Health Assessment that went live yesterday (and then shutdown), you volunteer the information. The to be considered vaccinated, you have to show your vaccine card at the port voluntarily or be considered unvaccinated. That could impact the number of people that can board if you answer Yes and then don't show the card at boarding. I am guessing they will send you to a different waiting area to determine if you will be able to board with the 95/5 split because you were counted as a vaccinated guest originally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, caribill said:

On the ships masks are optional for the unvaccinated except in places like the arcade and spa.  They must wear them on all the bubble tours plus at the terminal which is the same for the vaccinated.

Prior to boarding we have had to state the vaccination status and at boarding they ask for the card or the exemption letter. The status is listed in the profile so when guests leave the ship they will know if the passenger needs a bubble tour or if the can go off on their own

There are no exemptions issued at the port so if someone doesn't show the card they are denied boarding.

17 hours ago, gibspeed said:

Are they actually looking up and verifying any of the info on the car or just taking a look? Seems like it would take an eternity to get everyone through check-in if they were looking up every car on state's website, but also seems like just taking a look at the card could lead to plenty of unvaxxed people slipping through the cracks.

There is not a way to verify vaccine status.  In Texas, the cruise lines do not have access to verify if someone is vaccinated or not.  If I wanted to get a copy of my vaccine record from the state system it would take 14 business days.  The Texas system is set up for schools and doctors to access, not private companies.  I don't know about other states.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

There is not a way to verify vaccine status.  In Texas, the cruise lines do not have access to verify if someone is vaccinated or not.  If I wanted to get a copy of my vaccine record from the state system it would take 14 business days.  The Texas system is set up for schools and doctors to access, not private companies.  I don't know about other states.  

I was under the assumption when you got vaccinated, they gave you a card.  That's what happened with myself and everyone that I know.  I've had to show the card multiple times.  I had it laminated and keep it in my wallet.  I can't imagine Carnival letting you board without some kind of proof.

On 7/5/2021 at 6:30 AM, lobster1313 said:

The vaccinated are allowed to explore on their own at the port. It's only the unvaccinated that has to use Carnival.

I thought you had to be vaccinated to board the ship?  Unless you had a letter.  How are unvaccinated passengers on the ship?

22 minutes ago, zzdoug said:

May I trouble anyone aboard to post screenshots of fun times or photos of paper fun times?

Thanks and enjoy.

I have yet to see a printed copy.  The app is not easy to do screenshots, but will try tomorrow 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 2:04 PM, ontheweb said:

The wife and I have turned scooters into a drinking game. A shot if they hit someone. Drink for spotting one first. Two drinks for every piece of furniture they hit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 7/7/2021 at 4:34 PM, EngIceDave said:

Hey, I had a woman on a scooter pin me against the shelving in a Publix once

There is something about getting behind the wheel of a scooter that has the same effect as that old, old Disney Goofy cartoon called Motor Mania.  

I saw this with my mom, from mild mannered to NASCAR bump-drafter...

She actually clipped another assisted living resident's walker and instead of applogizing when the nurse talked to her about it, she was like  "Well they should have gotten out of the way" 😲

Edited by ARcruisin2
  • Haha 1