New updates in Frequently Asked Questions.

mellon1

Anyone see this?...

There will be reduced interaction between guests and housekeeping staff. A reduced verbal introduction will be delivered from outside your stateroom upon arrival, and we encourage you to call your steward or, better yet, use OceanNow in the MedallionClass app to request any needed services remotely.

Staterooms will be cleaned once per day (unless you request turndown or opt not to have any cleaning service during your cruise), and the set-up, cleaning and disinfection will need to be completed when you’re out of your stateroom.

Housekeeping and maintenance staff will wait to enter a stateroom for cleaning and maintenance for at least 15 minutes after guests have left it, unless services are required immediately.

Wonder why they have to wait 15 minutes?  Makes me wonder if room service will be able to come in when you are in the room.  

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/#:~:text=There will be,are required immediately.

Okay...  does this mean that they are actively accessing info about when you are in, or leaving, your cabin thru the Medallion tracker?   If they were actually able to come up with a system that allowed the staff to track and schedule their cleaning and turndown services...  that would really be something.

PS:  I do enjoy having turndown!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Maybe 15 minutes is the lifespan of our cooties.

You are more correct than you know. The virus is primarily contracted via airborne transmission. Fifteen minutes allows time to settle out of the air.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Wonder why they have to wait 15 minutes?  Makes me wonder if room service will be able to come in when you are in the room.  

Since you aren't masked in your cabin, and may have been in it for some time, it's likely to allow the ventilation system to do its thing and clear the air of your airborne particulates (cooties ).

Could be that room service won't enter the cabin, but will either leave the tray in the hall or hand it over at the doorway?

Edited by mom says

Actually "Staterooms will be cleaned once per day" is good news. I often leave the do not disturb sign up all day. Wonder if I can ask them to only enter during dinner. I make my own bed when I get up and put all my trash in the can. There will be a lot less with limited paper 

And yes, the medallion told the crew where the medallion was on previous voyages. I know this bc I lost mine a few times (before retractable reel) and the crew found it for me

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Allows time for enhanced air circulation systems to turn air, reducing any airborn virus in the roo .  Seems wise as long as community spread for a virus remains a global problem. My guess is cleaning staff may wear masks as well, if desired.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, mom says said:

Since you aren't masked in your cabin, and may have been in it for some time, it's likely to allow the ventilation system to do its thing and clear the air of your airborne particulates (cooties ).

Could be that room service won't enter the cabin, but will either leave the tray in the hall or hand it over at the doorway?

It almost sounds like multiple people will be coming in the room cleaning.

We like to get ice in the morning and evening.  Hoping that won't be a problem.  I can't wait to see what people who cruise will comment on the ship with Princess.

48 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Maybe to make sure you are gone.  If they want to cut down on interaction, how often do you leave the cabin only to come back for one more item?  

I always use our own bathroom too and not the public ones.  Plus my husband stays on our balcony and reads.  We are early risers and keep the room clean anyways, so he is usually in and out quickly.  We just ask for new towels and ice and to clean the balcony glass, oh and empty the trash.  Other than that, I keep everything clean myself.

Personally, I think this is over the top, but I imagine Princess is trying to make guests feel comfortable and not be worried about the remote possibility of Covid transmission.  We are usually happy with one main service per day and often use the DND tag for Stewart.  Often just need a couple of towels or so and not a thorough cleaning.  I imagine we will carry on as we always did with little need for Stewart.

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

All our friends who are 7 years older than me and got the shot before me said I no longer am "Cootie Woman" because I got my Pfizer shots!

58 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Okay...  does this mean that they are actively accessing info about when you are in, or leaving, your cabin thru the Medallion tracker?   If they were actually able to come up with a system that allowed the staff to track and schedule their cleaning and turndown services...  that would really be something.

PS:  I do enjoy having turndown!

I know they are for sure doing that.  Last year we had an issue with the TV and the tech guy said they were trying to track DH and couldn't find him anywhere on the ship.  Well he didn't use the medallion and had it in the safe all the time.  All of that data goes into a report and they are using it to make current decisions I am sure.  They can even tell where you are on the island and what shops you go into.

We like the turndown too.  I totally appreciate it as I am the one usually doing it, so it is a real privilege for me.  

58 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Allows time for enhanced air circulation systems to turn air, reducing any airborn virus in the roo .  Seems wise as long as community spread for a virus remains a global problem. My guess is cleaning staff may wear masks as well, if desired.

They will probably be wearing the slippers too when they go into a different room.  Shoes carry a lot of germs.  I wonder about the luggage.  Princess did away with the luggage mats and I see so many putting the bags on the bed on turnaround day when the doors are open a lot and going back and forth on our turnaround cruises.  

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I love coming back at night to having my bed turned down and the chocolate on my pillow, that I will miss. 

You can still have it done.  It is just not going to be done unless you request it.  Sort of like the robes.

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Personally, I think this is over the top, but I imagine Princess is trying to make guests feel comfortable and not be worried about the remote possibility of Covid transmission.  We are usually happy with one main service per day and often use the DND tag for Stewart.  Often just need a couple of towels or so and not a thorough cleaning.  I imagine we will carry on as we always did with little need for Stewart.

You are probably right.  It is just going to make things harder for the room steward.  

Well, just basic thought...  one visit into the cabin instead of two would mitigate the contact risks, possibly in half.  I don't see turndown service being a big risk, especially if Princess requires guests to be vaccinated.   And, no turndown would be less work...  But, it is an extra, 'feel good',  policy!

• Like 1

On the same page referenced in the original post, I see this:

Will I be able to do my own laundry on board?

Yes, laundromats will be available for guests to use on voyages sailing from Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Ft. Lauderdale.

Isn't that odd? Why do you supposed this was specified for only these ports? 😳

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I love coming back at night to having my bed turned down and the chocolate on my pillow, that I will miss. 

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

You can still have it done.  It is just not going to be done unless you request it.  Sort of like the robes.

Oh I'm asking for it. I will have my cocoa, chocolates, and PB cookie on the balcony enjoying the sunset at 10pm

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

I know they are for sure doing that.  Last year we had an issue with the TV and the tech guy said they were trying to track DH and couldn't find him anywhere on the ship.  Well he didn't use the medallion and had it in the safe all the time.  All of that data goes into a report and they are using it to make current decisions I am sure.  They can even tell where you are on the island and what shops you go into.

And just what island would that be? To track your medallion Princess installed thousands of sensors on their ships and some of their terminals. I don't know of any island where they've installed sensors. Pray tell!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, beg3yrs said:

And just what island would that be? To track your medallion Princess installed thousands of sensors on their ships and some of their terminals. I don't know of any island where they've installed sensors. Pray tell!

That is what I heard from someone on the ship.  I assumed it was correct as the ships are close to the ports.  

23 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

That is what I heard from someone on the ship.  I assumed it was correct as the ships are close to the ports.  

That's very unlikely the ship can sense the Medallions off board. Medallions use an extremely low-power system and once they're more than about 30 feet from a sensor they can't be detected.

• Like 4