Crystal Blocks now discontinued

I have a love hate relationship with the blocks.  On one hand I hate taking crap home.  On the other, they do look nice grouped together.  In the end I guess I'd rather see them cut, rather than something I really like.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I am very angry about this. I have rearranged my many cancelled cruises around my crystal blocks.

They should at least keep them on request for those who want them. 

So have I - it takes a lot of planning to match the cruise up the block!! Not happy! 

I cannot believe 60% of people left them behind. Off to visit EBay!!

Edited by little britain

17 minutes ago, Garmy4 said:

Will miss the blocks along with all the other perks Royal is reducing to any top tier C&A member.  And yea, 60% leaving is total BS!

And you know this how?

10 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I have sent an email to mbayley@rccl.com voicing my disappointment

Ditto.

My suggestion could be to continue offering the blocks to the 40% that do want them; under the proviso they have to go to the Loyalty desk to collect them during the cruise.  The onus is then on the guest to transport them home. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Ditto.

My suggestion could be to continue offering the blocks to the 40% that do want them; under the proviso they have to go to the Loyalty desk to collect them during the cruise.  The onus is then on the guest to transport them home. 

Only once I have gotten one without asking, and that was about 6 years ago, at 350.  I am at 530 now. Did I bring it home? I don't remember. If I did,  I have no idea where it is.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

Raise your hands if you have ever left a block in your cabin when debarking.  

Not left in my cabin but handed it back to LA - twice. Amazed that people will arrange cruises around picking up certain blocks. Different strokes for different folks I guess 🤷 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobal said:

Not left in my cabin but handed it back to LA - twice. Amazed that people will arrange cruises around picking up certain blocks. Different strokes for different folks I guess 🤷 

Lol… it was to get an Odyssey one .. but that didn’t work out! 

5 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Well, we were supposed to get one on our 10/31 cruise.  Guessing the stock will be depleted by then.  Oh well......

Reduced ship capacity = reduced requirement to hand them out. They will probably be available until year end.

1 minute ago, George C said:

I was looking forward to getting another on Allure in November, really dislike when perks are removed. 

We were looking forward to getting one for Allure in October, which would have completed our Oasis-class set. After that, every cruise we have scheduled through 2023 is on a ship for which we already have a block.

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

Ditto.

I asked at the loyalty desk on Adventure (sept 2019) about getting my block.  They said they would mail it.  🙂

22 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Count us in that group.  Had everything not gone sideways this past year, we would have gotten one from Mariner last November.  As she was our first ship, that would have been a very special block to get.   Guess we’ll never get it now. 😢

Erika