Alfredo's vs Gigi's

Turk1

OK, schedule to cruise on the Enchanted and noticed that there is no Alfredo's but instead a Gigi's. Same or different? Have always loved Alfredo's and usually the wife and I would eat there for lunch on Embarkation Day. Is Gigi's free like Alfredo's?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

OK, schedule to cruise on the Enchanted and noticed that there is no Alfredo's but instead a Gigi's. Same or different? Have always loved Alfredo's and usually the wife and I would eat there for lunch on Embarkation Day. Is Gigi's free like Alfredo's?

Thanks

Yes Gigi's is new to the fleet and will be premiering on the enchanted princess. It should pretty much be the same thing as Alfredo's it's just a name change. And yes it is free for all guests. Alfredo's is amazing so this should just be as equally delicious.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

Good to hear! Alfredos was ALWAYS one of our favorite places to grab a bite. Wife NOT a buffet fan.

we like Alfredo's and eat there at least once, if available on every cruise ...

we don't however, consider it to be a ' grab a bite ' type of venue such as the IC, buffet, pool pizza / burgers ...

• Like 2

Here’s a 

Hand-Tossed Pizza, Hot Out of the Oven 

This charming sit-down venue offers an enticing menu of freshly prepared individual-size pizzas along with beer and wines by the glass. The open kitchen design allows you to watch as the chefs create pizza by hand and serve them straight out of the oven.

Venues and menu items vary by ship and are subject to change.

29 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

do ships that have Alfredo's also have slice pizza by the pool?  I am sailing Grand in Oct.  Thanks

Yes, the Grand has both. The pizza in Alfredo's is superior quality to that from Slice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

do ships that have Alfredo's also have slice pizza by the pool?  I am sailing Grand in Oct.  Thanks

Yes except for Majestic which has a noodle bar in the location used for Lido deck pizza by the slice.

On 7/15/2021 at 6:21 AM, Turk1 said:

Thanks

On 7/15/2021 at 6:23 AM, chrysalis said:

Probably the same, but no one has been on the Enchanted yet to confirm one way or the other. It should be free.

As said it’s likely the same thing with new name.

On the dining PDF it lists both Alfredo’s & Gigi’s together.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

6594CFD7-FB34-49A2-B674-0A68FF49A013.jpeg

It is included in your cruise fare without an upcharge . There is nothing free per se it's either included or an extra fee. If it's like Alfredo's it's a delightful pizza, calzone and salad with sit down service. 

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Yes, the Grand has both. The pizza in Alfredo's is superior quality to that from Slice.

---

And when we have sailed on Grand, the Pizza of the Day was the "same"* from both Alfredo's and Slice.

*IMO still better from Alfredo's (prepared to order, in the Neopolitan style) than from Slice.

---

Edited by RSS from SF

2 hours ago, srpilo said:

Yes

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

The beauty of the Medallion is that you should be able to order your pizza to just about anywhere you are.

11 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

The beauty of the Medallion is that you should be able to order your pizza to just about anywhere you are.

---

Agreed, though that perhaps may be only from Slice and Room Service -- rather than from Alfredo's (and possibly Gigi's in the future) which in the past has been Eat-In only.

---

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSS from SF said:

---

And when we have sailed on Grand, the Pizza of the Day was the "same"* from both Alfredo's and Slice.

*IMO still better from Alfredo's (prepared to order, in the Neopolitan style) than from Slice.

---

I have never seen the same type of pizza in both Alfredo's and Slice. Alfredo's uses different basic ingredients starting from the crust and up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

I have never seen the same type of pizza in both Alfredo's and Slice. Alfredo's uses different basic ingredients starting from the crust and up.

---

My apologies;  I should have clarified better what I meant when I said with apostrophes  "same":

• Pizza of the Day on a certain day on Grand was for example "Margherita" at both Slice and Alfredo; they were called by the same name at both venues, but in actuality were very different pizzas (yes, definitely different "from the crust and up").

-- And on Grand, I personally have tried the same-named Pizza of the Day on the same day from both Alfredo's and Slices; and yes, ABSOLUTELY they were very different pizzas.  😄

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

My apologies;  I should have clarified better what I meant when I said with apostrophes  "same":

• Pizza of the Day on a certain day on Grand was for example "Margherita" at both Slice and Alfredo; they were called by the same name at both venues, but in actuality were very different pizzas (yes, definitely different "from the crust and up").

-- And on Grand, I personally have tried the same-named Pizza of the Day on the same day from both Alfredo's and Slices; and yes, ABSOLUTELY they were very different pizzas.  😄

---

Good to know.  Thanks for your feedback.  Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes except for Majestic which has a noodle bar in the location used for Lido deck pizza by the slice.

Thank you for your feedback.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sprocket said:

And get it cold. I prefer to burn the few calories it takes to go the venue and hot foods piping hot. Are we getting that lazy.

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

And get it cold. I prefer to burn the few calories it takes to go the venue and hot foods piping hot. Are we getting that lazy.

My husband has bad arthritis in one of his knees and ended up in the cabin for a few days barely able to walk  and made  a visit to the infirmary for steroids to bring down the swelling.  Had a significant impact on his cruise so if using the Medallion helps us avoid a repeat of that we will use it has nothing to do with being lazy.