Let's talk food!

relmondcrsise

I'm just booked a Celebrity cruise on the Millennium for this summer and was perusing the restaurant and bar menus (I found them all posted here if anyone else wants to preview).  Now I want to hear from seasoned Celebrity cruisers about your favorite, must try food.  If you have a favorite drink, I'll take that too!  Bonus points for photos!  🍕🍰🍹

2 hours ago, 39august said:

I believe there is a Tuscan Grill on Millie. If so, try the pistachio/chocolate creme brulee. Also the lemon tarts in Cafe Al Baccio. I very seldom eat sweets, but I do make exceptions for these!

Definitely yes on the pistachio/chocolate crème brûlée. Yummy!

• Like 1

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I did a  lengthy review of the Millennium in Alaska a few years ago. If you are interested, the link is in my signature. I discussed our time on land at length, and don't even get onboard until around post #44, so just skip on ahead. I have lots of ship photos, but also included photos of food at the buffet and main dining room, as well as photos of the menus. 

We really enjoyed the food. It was definitely a step up from our prior experiences with Carnival! We did not do any of the specialty restaurants during that cruise, an omission that we are planning to rectify in just 9 days' time. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckybecky said:

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I did a  lengthy review of the Millennium in Alaska a few years ago. If you are interested, the link is in my signature. I discussed our time on land at length, and don't even get onboard until around post #44, so just skip on ahead. I have lots of ship photos, but also included photos of food at the buffet and main dining room, as well as photos of the menus. 

We really enjoyed the food. It was definitely a step up from our prior experiences with Carnival! We did not do any of the specialty restaurants during that cruise, an omission that we are planning to rectify in just 9 days' time. 🙂

Thank you!  I'll check it out!

6 hours ago, marieps said:

Escargot and beef carpaccio are usually excellent.  Aspen Coffee in al Baccio.  Apple crumble desert is yummy.

Is there a particular night or restaurant that the Escargot is served?

Favorite drink is Louis XIII, neat  or with a Red  Bull Chaser. I highly recommend it.    It is available in some of the lounges.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Thank you. The only time I have been on Celebrity was 4 years ago on the Summit and I recall it only being available one night, they had something different every night under a title of trying something new. 

My favorite drink recommendation is a little odd but definitely Celebrity specific - the detox smoothie in the spa cafe. Our butler on the Edge recommended it and after a few days of rich food and a bit more alcohol than I normally consume it was needed. It worked like a champ - my swollen ankles and slight malaise cleared right up. After that it became a daily morning shipboard routine for me.

• Like 4

Have to agree with others about the escargot.  You can have it every night in the main dining room. The food, in general, is a step up from many other lines.  It's too bad the Millennium does not have Murano, as the S-class ships have.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, relmondcrsise said:

I'm just booked a Celebrity cruise on the Millennium for this summer and was perusing the restaurant and bar menus (I found them all posted here if anyone else wants to preview).  Now I want to hear from seasoned Celebrity cruisers about your favorite, must try food.  If you have a favorite drink, I'll take that too!  Bonus points for photos!  🍕🍰🍹

Like many, I enjoy the escargot (wife doesn't) ... we tend not to like the deserts offered in the MDR so we will often have a "Mudslide" at the bar for our desert. Their 'desert-like' recipe is as good as we've ever had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalMethod said:

Like many, I enjoy the escargot (wife doesn't) ... we tend not to like the deserts offered in the MDR so we will often have a "Mudslide" at the bar for our desert. Their 'desert-like' recipe is as good as we've ever had.

We also do not eat desert so often ask for anorher appetizer instead. The waiter has been more than willing to do this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Try an IGLU( no alcohol) ..at cafe Baccio...lots of carbs but delish.

What does it contain? Did a Google on it and they showed a container. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What does it contain? Did a Google on it and they showed a container. 

Thanks! 

Oxo, from the Cafe al Bacio menu - I have no idea what is in the Iglu powder:

GLU (Caffe Frappé)   $6
Espresso, ice, milk and the IGLU powder mixture (your choice), chocolate or vanilla

14 hours ago, kelib said:

Is there a particular night or restaurant that the Escargot is served?

I must admit we sail AQ and in Blu you can get it every night.  I see from an earlier post it's available nightly in the MDR as well.

Edited by marieps
  • Thanks 1