Test Positive - Denied Borading?

31 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I have been vaccinated. That being said, I have seen that there have been people who tested positive, even thought they have been vaccinated. So, if they require a negative test of all passengers, we could still be in trouble. 

we've been vaccinated, and been tested at least 5 times since april 2020 all reading negative. to be safe, if anything can make you safe, i plan on being tested again a few days prior to leaving for my cruise. hopefully the odds are in my favor.

hopefully they are also in yours

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dayana said:

How does that give you peace of mind.  If positive the procedure would

be the same.  Denied boarding and quarantine.      

While it doesn't mean that I will 100% pass the NCL test, it will give me some peace of mind, even if denied boarding, that it is a good chance it is a false positive. If I were to get a positive on ANY of them, I would find the first place to get a real test and if negative then I guess I'll just spend a week exploring Seattle!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

While it doesn't mean that I will 100% pass the NCL test, it will give me some peace of mind, even if denied boarding, that it is a good chance it is a false positive. If I were to get a positive on ANY of them, I would find the first place to get a real test and if negative then I guess I'll just spend a week exploring Seattle!

Yes, I wonder- and I am not going for 2 years- what if I fly all the way out there, spend 2 or 3 nights in Seattle and then can't board. Will NCL help me switch my flight back?

• Like 1

I know to fly you have to test negative or have a doctor certify that you have tested positive within the last 90 days, with or without symptoms, and are no longer contagious. Will this work with NCL? I have no idea.

• Like 1

My husband and I cruising in January.  We both were vaccinated last February which will be almost a full year.  We have no idea what our resistance to now-current or future variants might be.

If one of us tests positive and the other does not and is denied boarding, what happens?  Neither of us wants to sail without the other.

Could we get a test a couple of days prior at home?  Would NCL accept those tests in lieu at the port?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tulch said:

My husband and I cruising in January.  We both were vaccinated last February which will be almost a full year.  We have no idea what our resistance to now-current or future variants might be.

If one of us tests positive and the other does not and is denied boarding, what happens?  Neither of us wants to sail without the other.

Could we get a test a couple of days prior at home?  Would NCL accept those tests in lieu at the port?

You both would be denied boarding.  We are on the first sailing on the 7th, safety and as of now the only test they accept is there own whobis conducted by eurofins. 

• Like 1

Just an FYI--We have people in the hospital who are fully vaccinated and test positive and are even symptomatic.  Please don't assume just because someone tests positive they are unvaccinated. 

I've also  seen completely asymptomatic patients test positive MONTHS after they had COVID. 

• Like 2

So let's say you test positive at the pier and you are denied boarding. Does this happen before you drop your luggage off with the porters or after? Luggage seems to start loading pretty quickly once people start checking in. How much of a cluster is it going to be to find the luggage of people who are not making the cruise?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

So let's say you test positive at the pier and you are denied boarding. Does this happen before you drop your luggage off with the porters or after? Luggage seems to start loading pretty quickly once people start checking in. How much of a cluster is it going to be to find the luggage of people who are not making the cruise?

As someone mentioned before, the cruise lines clearly already have ways of dealing with this issue. It's not like no one was ever denied boarding before COVID.... People showed up to the port without adequate ID/passports... People filled out the health questionnaire honestly, were checked out by a doctor, and denied boarding due to fever, signs of norovirus, etc.... Pregnant women have been denied boarding because they were too far along in their pregnancy....

• Like 1

Sooo many questions, and soooo few answers at this time....because the situation is continually evolving, and not in a good way.   Cruise lines trying to make firm statements today for a cruise several months away, so much can change.  But getting the boot after arriving can sure be very possible, and is one of my biggest concerns.  Many vaccinated folks are showing up positive lately.  They are not noticeable ill but can still infect others.  

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, BirdTravels said:

No, you can not fly on a commercial flight if you are covid-positive. 

The NCL policy below says that the cruise line will help you with arrangements. Doesn't say that they will pay for it. A cross-country COVID medivac will cost a few $$$. Royal use to do it for free, but after getting hit for the bills of international medivacs during the first couple of weeks of operating out of Nassau and Saint Merteen, they now force their unvaxxed passengers to buy travel insurance that includes medivac. 

Debarkation Scenarios

We have developed a thorough mobilization and response plan focused on providing medical treatment, collaborating with local authorities and coordinating safe passage home for all guests and crew should the need arise. We have also established relationships with onshore medical institutions and enhanced our telemedicine consultation capabilities.

I wonder how a no fly policy is going to be enforced. If your flights are booked thru NCL I can see them contacting the airline. But with a case like my wife and I we book our own flights. 

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I wonder how a no fly policy is going to be enforced. If your flights are booked thru NCL I can see them contacting the airline. But with a case like my wife and I we book our own flights. 

So "enforce" no fly is a self-reporting requirement. Our airline policy (below) requires that we affirm compliance at check-in. We would not place an entire plane full of people and crew that will interact with many planes worth of people at risk by trying to sneak onboard after testing positive. That would be criminal. 

Travel requirements

When you check-in you'll be asked to confirm you've been free of COVID-19 symptoms for the past 10 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

No cluster at all. Once your luggage is delivered to your stateroom (3-4 hours after drop off), it will be picked up (in a hazmat bag) and returned to you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tulch said:

No. NCL wants a negative test as your board the ship. And your entire party will be denied boarding if one tests positive. 

16 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

I know to fly you have to test negative or have a doctor certify that you have tested positive within the last 90 days, with or without symptoms, and are no longer contagious. Will this work with NCL? I have no idea.

NCL is requiring you to provide your original vaccination card and to take a antigen rapid test at check-in. Having COVID in the past is not a vaccination card. 

17 hours ago, HowardK said:

Yes, I wonder- and I am not going for 2 years- what if I fly all the way out there, spend 2 or 3 nights in Seattle and then can't board. Will NCL help me switch my flight back?

You are not allowed to fly on a commercial flight if you have tested positive for COVID. You could pay for a private medical charter ($$$$) back home (covered by some travel insurance). 

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You are not allowed to fly on a commercial flight if you have tested positive for COVID. You could pay for a private medical charter ($$$$) back home (covered by some travel insurance). 

Id forgotten about that possibility.  Can't even get back home again.  Are you reported to authorities for a 10 day quarantine?  

7 hours ago, roger001 said:

Id forgotten about that possibility.  Can't even get back home again.  Are you reported to authorities for a 10 day quarantine?  

I don't think that you're "reported" beyond becoming a King County, Washington COVID statistic. 

For me,,, I am old with lots of pre-existing conditions. My first and only priority if I were to fail a antigen test and subsequent PCR test would be to seek immediate medical attention and see if there were any anti-virals to help further reduce the chance of a serious infection. 

With the prohibition of vaccinations from different sources and the requirements for paper documentation I would suggest that everyone scans the document they got when vaccinated and email their PCC with the document.   Ask if NCL will allow you to board using that document as there are specific requirements.

I did and have it in an email that my document is acceptable; I can prove I was vaccinated in an acceptable method.

• Like 1