Premier Beverage on Regal Princess

Dar & Bob

A few years back when we sailed on the Regal we purchased the Premier Beverage package.  At that time it included gelato in addition to the alcohol, soft drinks and coffee.  Does anyone know if this is still the case with the package offered on Princess Plus?  

• Like 1

No gelato or other food items included.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.
  • Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, skynight said:

No gelato or other food items included.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.
  • Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Thanks I missed that when looking through the exclusions.  Bummer 😞  

26 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Thanks I missed that when looking through the exclusions.  Bummer 😞  

Not new. Believe food items eliminated from the coffee card punches at least by 2018, and may have never been included in the premier beverage package. 

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

Not new. Believe food items eliminated from the coffee card punches at least by 2018, and may have never been included in the premier beverage package. 

When we cruised NYE 2017/2018 it was included, but only on the Regal and Royal (they may have been the only ones that had gelato).  It was one of our favorites in the mid-afternoon.  Guess we'll just have to use our OBC this time around 🙂

11 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

When we cruised NYE 2017/2018 it was included, but only on the Regal and Royal (they may have been the only ones that had gelato).  It was one of our favorites in the mid-afternoon.  Guess we'll just have to use our OBC this time around 🙂

They were the only ships with a separate gelato counter. Some other ships served gelato for a small cost at the International Cafe.

It does still specifically say it includes milkshakes "if available" so some ice cream is included. They are just specifically excluding the gelato and any "specialty" type of ice cream. If they have milkshakes ask for a malt with "lots and lots and lots" of malt. On Emerald Princess I got the best malt I have had in a very long time. 😎 

Correct me if I'm wrong but, as far as I can tell, if you want a milkshake it has to be a ship that has Coffee and Cones. If it only has Swirls they don't do milkshakes. (Bummer since all of our upcoming cruises are booked on Sapphire Princess which only has Swirls.)

Looking at deck plans it seems that these ships have Coffee and Cones: Emerald, Ruby, Grand, Caribbean, Crown, Discovery

These ships all show Swirls: Sapphire, Coral, Island, Diamond, Sky, Majestic, Royal, Regal, Enchanted

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.

When we were on the Regal Princess in March 2020, gelato was not included in any package.  The cost was very reasonable; we had gelato many of the days.  It was less expensive than going to Haagen Daz or other ice cream parlors on land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

On Emerald Princess I got the best malt I have had in a very long time. 

I always get a "big Boy"  milk shake on Regal, so same could be done on Sky.  I start by getting three or four cups of soft serve at Swirls.  Then head to the Sea View Bar, and give one cup to the bar tender, and have him put the rest in the blender.  Add a shot of Bailey's, kalhua, and maybe Frangelico, a little cream, and if I had breakfast at the buffet that day, some peanut butter.  Then blend.  Not as good as the malts with real ice cream, but after a couple, who cares.

26 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm curious if anyone has ordered drinks not on the Princess bar menu?

Will they prepare a drink from a printed menu brought aboard or just their own selections?

Many a time. I very rarely order off the bar menu except for wine.  I have never brought them a printed recipe just ordered the drink I wanted.  Most of the bar personnel can make about anything.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'm curious if anyone has ordered drinks not on the Princess bar menu?

Will they prepare a drink from a printed menu brought aboard or just their own selections?

Yep, although I don't really order anything complicated.  I tend to order a gin martini with a specific gin and always with olives or a Manhattan with whatever bourbon sounds good to me at the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

It does still specifically say it includes milkshakes "if available" so some ice cream is included. They are just specifically excluding the gelato and any "specialty" type of ice cream. If they have milkshakes ask for a malt with "lots and lots and lots" of malt. On Emerald Princess I got the best malt I have had in a very long time. 😎 

Correct me if I'm wrong but, as far as I can tell, if you want a milkshake it has to be a ship that has Coffee and Cones. If it only has Swirls they don't do milkshakes. (Bummer since all of our upcoming cruises are booked on Sapphire Princess which only has Swirls.)

Looking at deck plans it seems that these ships have Coffee and Cones: Emerald, Ruby, Grand, Caribbean, Crown, Discovery

These ships all show Swirls: Sapphire, Coral, Island, Diamond, Sky, Majestic, Royal, Regal, Enchanted

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.

Thrak- I LOVE malt and people look like am insane!. I can not even find it in the grocery stores anymore. It really is the only way to go. After having a malt, a shake is pretty bland (IMHO).

We will be on the Emerald in May 2022 so I will be on the lookout.

1 hour ago, franktown said:

Many a time. I very rarely order off the bar menu except for wine.  I have never brought them a printed recipe just ordered the drink I wanted.  Most of the bar personnel can make about anything.

30 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Yep, although I don't really order anything complicated.  I tend to order a gin martini with a specific gin and always with olives or a Manhattan with whatever bourbon sounds good to me at the time.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Maybe you could just order a milkshake but with the milk on the side.  Just tell them you prefer yours deconstructed. 🤣

Beat me to it.  Reminds me of Easy Rider and Jack Nicholson ordering lunch.  

I'll have a chocolate milkshake - hold the milk and hold the mixing.  Just put it in the cup.

• Like 1

just order a virgin chocolate banana from a bar, and ask them to hold the banana....the 35% cream that they add to the ice can beat any ice cream milkshake....oh...what the heck, don't make it a virgin, and add the banana for the vitamins and minerals

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 3:41 PM, Thrak said:

What is Included

Life hack: order your ice cream from swirls, proceed to the nearest bar with your beverage package and get a shot of Bailey's and / or Kahlua (preferably AND); pour over ice cream and mix together with spoon; enjoy new milkshake/concoction!🥂

On 7/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, chrysalis said:

just order a virgin chocolate banana from a bar, and ask them to hold the banana....the 35% cream that they add to the ice can beat any ice cream milkshake....oh...what the heck, don't make it a virgin, and add the banana for the vitamins and minerals

We once ordered a virgin mudslide and a virgin dirty banana and the bartender said "So you want two chocolate milkshakes, one with banana?" We just liked the flavors and weren't big alcohol drinkers. Didn't even occur to us until then that it is what those drinks are without the alcohol. Much better than the one time we did get milkshakes at the ice cream place on Caribbean Princess and they gave them to us in tiny juice glasses. 

• Haha 1