Holland America has added 36 more cruises you can book.

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Holland has added 36 more cruises you can book now. there are 536  different cruises 

Marty, you have too much time on your hands….😎😜😀

I thought that one of the many multitudes of 3-Star mariner (and above) perks were to get advanced notification of new cruises. I have not gotten any - ever. In fact - I never get any notification of new cruises availability, much less "Advanced" notification. I even went so far at to put myself on their 'mailing list" (something I never ever do - except in extreme situations - such as cruises) but alas - still nothing.

2 hours ago, RGEDad said:

I thought that one of the many multitudes of 3-Star mariner (and above) perks were to get advanced notification of new cruises.

I never heard of that. I started as a 4* when the star system started, and was a 5* when it was expanded. In any of those 'new' perqs, I never heard of getting advance notice on anything. 

I don't know if this is typical, but HAL seems slower than most other lines---including some in the Carnival "family"---in  announcing future cruises. For example, Princess currently lists all of its sailings through December of 2023 and Seabourn through November of 2023, whereas the farthest-out HAL sailing is at the beginning of May, 2023. The frustration for me is that I'm very much interested in whether HAL is doing a Voyage of the Vikings (VOV) 35-night sailing that year, but if they're not there are a number of late 2023 Princess cruises I'd consider instead. In the current booking climate, I'd rather not wait too long or the sailing and/or the cabin type I want may be gone.

9 hours ago, RGEDad said:

I thought that one of the many multitudes of 3-Star mariner (and above) perks were to get advanced notification of new cruises. I have not gotten any - ever. In fact - I never get any notification of new cruises availability, much less "Advanced" notification. I even went so far at to put myself on their 'mailing list" (something I never ever do - except in extreme situations - such as cruises) but alas - still nothing.

They have been very quiet lately, very.  I got a very nice email from Princess Sunday about their first sailing out of Alaska.  It was not an ad but a we are back to sailing message.  It was a pleasant good news message.  It left me thinking, where is HAL?

6 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

The frustration for me is that I'm very much interested in whether HAL is doing a Voyage of the Vikings (VOV) 35-night sailing that year, but if they're not there are a number of late 2023 Princess cruises I'd consider instead.

Except for 2020, HAL has done the Voyage of the Vikings as far back as 2003. I expect there is an excellent chance they will plan it for 2023, too. 

3 hours ago, Lido - Lanai said:

Add 2021 to your list of canceled VoV cruises.

The point I apparently didn't make well is that the Voyage of the Vikings is an offering of long standing. Other than the pandemic years, it is routinely offered once in the summer, and barring unforeseen circumstances, should be offered again. 

7 hours ago, Babr said:

Celebrity just cancelled cruises through March of 2022 for the Asia/Australia region. I can’t help wondering if Holland is next

I was booked on the Oosterdam 31 March 2022 (Transpacific Auckland to Sydney to Seattle) that was cancelled about 2 weeks ago. They pushed us all over to the 2023 sailing.

Some people got cabins - I am now in the "Roaming the halls looking for an empty cabin" category . Their response to some is something on the order of...The cruise is 660 days out - be patient. I translate that to - Wait till someone gives up hope and moves on - or something like that.

Edited by RGEDad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

I was booked on the Oosterdam End of March 2022 (Transpacific Auckland to Sydney to Seattle) that was cancelled about 2 weeks ago. They pushed us all over to the 2023 sailing.

Some people got cabins - I am now in the "Roaming the halls looking for an empty cabin" category . Their response to some is something on the order of...The cruise is 660 days out - be patient. I translate that to - Wait till someone gives up hope and moves on - or something like that.

That is interesting. We’re on Oosterdam March 17. I have not been notified of any change; and when I looked today, it was still being offered. Probably just a matter of time.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, RuthC said:

Except for 2020, HAL has done the Voyage of the Vikings as far back as 2003. I expect there is an excellent chance they will plan it for 2023, too. 

I am interested in this sailing as well!  Did a very similar cruise on Princess and loved it.