New Muster

I know there's no longer an "all at once" muster. And I know you just have to check in at your station. What I dint know is if you can just watch the safety videos anytime before your cruise and check in as soon as you're on board? Is there a way for the crew to see if you have actually watched the stuff? Just want to know what yo expect.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

What I dint know is if you can just watch the safety videos anytime before your cruise and check in as soon as you're on board?

It may show up in the app a short time before boarding. Once watched, on the app or on the in cabin TV, the staff should be able to see that you completed that task.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It may show up in the app a short time before boarding. Once watched, on the app or on the in cabin TV, the staff should be able to see that you completed that task.

They can see what I watch on my TV ???

• Haha 1

And I can't think of any reason for anyone asking "if the crew can see if I watched the video" other than to AVOID watching the video.  Which would be a stupid choice.  So just watch the &#(% video, and check in at your muster station, and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, SOCACRUISEGUY said:

Are you really surprised by this fact?

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most ships have interactive TV, so a lot of actions are tracked (like ordering something). 

So they knew we had managed to watch (hookup) Netflix & Amazon Prime :classic_wink:

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

And I can't think of any reason for anyone asking "if the crew can see if I watched the video" other than to AVOID watching the video.  Which would be a stupid choice.  So just watch the &#(% video, and check in at your muster station, and enjoy your cruise.

I think I'm going to love this new mustering....better than standing around waiting for people to show up late. Watch the video go check in and done ... perfect !!

Sorry you seemed to misunderstand my comment if you were aiming your post at me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

I know there's no longer an "all at once" muster. And I know you just have to check in at your station. What I dint know is if you can just watch the safety videos anytime before your cruise and check in as soon as you're on board? Is there a way for the crew to see if you have actually watched the stuff? Just want to know what yo expect.  Thanks!

You can watch the video on your phone or room TV. No, they don't check. 

However, when you go to your muster station, the crew will read the entire safety drill script to you and demonstrate putting on a life vest for you. They will wait for a few people to show up before starting their presentation. 

The problem we had on our cruise was that people didn't go to their muster station. The Captain made repeated announcement pleading for people to go to their muster station. As we got close to the close of muster and 40%+ of the passengers hadn't show up, the Cruise Director announced that anyone that did not complete their muster would not be allowed to sail on the cruise

image.png.ea3f89b1291f13bff5e0917012103483.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can watch the video on your phone or room TV. No, they don't check. 

However, when you go to your muster station, the crew will read the entire safety drill script to you and demonstrate putting on a life vest for you. They will wait for a few people to show up before starting their presentation. 

The problem we had on our cruise was that people didn't go to their muster station. The Captain made repeated announcement pleading for people to go to their muster station. As we got close to the close of muster and 40%+ of the passengers hadn't show up, the Cruise Director announced that anyone that did not complete their muster would not be allowed to sail on the cruise

image.png.ea3f89b1291f13bff5e0917012103483.png

Thanks for the info.  I thought you just went and checked in.  Did not realize that you sort of go thru the drill again with the staff person.  And did not know that you had to wait until they get a "group"

• Thanks 1

It would be nice if they could see that you're a frequent cruiser (based on Diamond and up status, maybe?) and therefore don't need to be shown for the 50th time how to put on a life preserver when you check in at the muster station!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It would be nice if they could see that you're a frequent cruiser (based on Diamond and up status, maybe?) and therefore don't need to be shown for the 50th time how to put on a life preserver when you check in at the muster station!

Yes....Just let us show our SeaPass check us in and let us be on our way.

Edited by Ashland

We watched ours on the app while waiting for the plane that morning. When we showed up at our muster station, the crew asked if we had any questions. We did not, so they gave us stickers for our cards and sent us on our way. 

• Like 5

We boarded Adventure today.  Watched the video on our phone (in the Royal app, Safety section) while we were in Windjammer.  When the video was complete, there was a little status bar that changed from “incomplete” to “complete”.  Next step was to listen on our phone to the emergency signal - status bar for that task changed to “complete”.  Last step was to report in person to muster station - we were asked if we watched the video, our set sail passes were scanned, and we were done - they did not do a presentation or make us wait.  We were given a green RC sticker to put on our sea pass card to indicate we completed everything. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes....Just let us show our SeaPass check us in and let us be on our way.

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

...and for us B2Bers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

I think I'm going to love this new mustering....better than standing around waiting for people to show up late. Watch the video go check in and done ... perfect !!

Sorry you seemed to misunderstand my comment if you were aiming your post at me.

Hardly.  The OP.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

Muster drill is a basic safety drill that shouldn't be complicated.

It's fundamental that passengers know where to go and what to do in the event that an emergency is declared.

IMHO there's no substitute for the "old" style drill, out on the deck at your assigned station itself.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

There’s a reason I blocked that person.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, cruisetorelax44 said:

My guess is they will have no clue if you watch it on your phone and lets be honest. 90% of cruisers never listened to it in person. There is a better chance people will watch the video then listen to it in person imo. The last thing I wanted to do was go do the muster drill packed in like a sardine sticky and sweaty on day 1….

5 hours ago, pspercy said:

Muster drill is a basic safety drill that shouldn't be complicated.

It's fundamental that passengers know where to go and what to do in the event that an emergency is declared.

IMHO there's no substitute for the "old" style drill, out on the deck at your assigned station itself.

Ive been in the fire service for 20 years. Nobody knows what to do when a true emergency hits. No matter how much they think they are.They unzip their head and throw their brain out. Thats why Im still employed.

at any rate you still have to go to your muster station location at the end of the video so people SHOULD know where it is. But even the old school way if you asked someone where their muster station was they had no idea how to get there. Humane nature.

• Like 1