proof of vaccination

knitlady037

12 minutes ago, knitlady037 said:

Will NCL accept the NYS excelsior pass as proof of vaccination? Original vaccine card was lost.

You should call them and ask. Or better still call them twice and ask two different people, since we don't always get the same answer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

You should call them and ask. Or better still call them twice and ask two different people, since we don't always get the same answer. 

So, which one of the two would you believe if you got differing answers?

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

So, which one of the two would you believe if you got differing answers?

Good question. Call them again and get a third answer? That would be interesting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This is all I've found regarding vaccination proof: 

What documents will be required to show proof of vaccination and when do I provide them?

Guest must acknowledge vaccination status prior to their sailing and bring proof of vaccination to the pier for their cruise. Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country's health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail.

What it means as far as the document of proof.... good question at this point. 

1 hour ago, knitlady037 said:

Will NCL accept the NYS excelsior pass as proof of vaccination? Original vaccine card was lost.

According to the NCL website, they will only accept an original CDC vaccination card. 

The challenge is that you could take a popular opinion poll and get someone to say that the excelsior card is "o.k.", but it will come down to the minimum wage check-in agent at the port to make a decision on whether you proof of vaccination is good enough and whether you sail or not. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

it will come down to the minimum wage check-in agent at the port to make a decision on whether you proof of vaccination is good enough

I sure hope that's not the case.  I can only imagine how many pax, some from other countries, will get turned away.  That would be a terrible experience, one I sure don't want to have. 

NCL needs get specific with their expectations/acceptable documents are concerned for potential cruisers.   If that's the case, I'd be cancelling all of my cruises. 

3 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I sure hope that's not the case.  I can only imagine how many pax, some from other countries, will get turned away.  That would be a terrible experience, one I sure don't want to have. 

NCL needs get specific with their expectations/acceptable documents are concerned for potential cruisers.   If that's the case, I'd be cancelling all of my cruises. 

They seem to be as specific as any other cruise line.  I would think people know what their country's official documentation is and I would hope that NCL does as well.  They know where their passengers are coming from so they should know what to expect.

As for turning people away, I'd be surprised if there is not someone on site to make sure that policies are enforced consistently.

• Like 1

@Karaboudjan did you read what I quoted from post #6 stating that a person making minimum wage would be the person deciding if vaccine docs were acceptable.  

I, and people from many different counties, know what is acceptable for as far as vaccine level and proof goes; however, depending on someone with minimal training to decide would lead to many questionable decisions.  

So, yes, I certainly hope that there is someone in the terminal making the decision of validity of someone's documents. 

56 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I was one of the unlucky Canadians who had a mixed dose of Pfizer and Moderna. My original document states the fact and gives the lot number and type of vaccine.  If we ever get a official vaccine passport I wonder if it would reflect the same.  As things stand I am not fully vaccinated in the eyes of the FDA and NCL,  along with 2.6 other Canadians. No way around this now. 

• Like 2

@armwinder, I wish you the best of luck.  I really think NCL will change it's view, at least as far as mRNA vaccines go since many other countries are taking the same steps to get as many people vaccinated as possible as quickly as possible. 

I got in just under the wire, though I didn't know it and wouldn't have complained about it either.  "Take the first shot you can get" was what I believed was the best advice.  Unfortunately, not for everyone, especially cruisers. 

I just saw a today's news report that said it appears, maybe, that mixed doses are giving more protection than two of same type.  It did say that studies are still too limited to be certain.  So, maybe better news in the near future.....or not.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, armwinder said:

As things stand I am not fully vaccinated in the eyes of the FDA and NCL,  along with 2.6 other Canadians.

That's not very many people.   Was the .6 person just a short guy from Toronto?   😉

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I find this to be very specific:

Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country's health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration

• Like 1

4 hours ago, knitlady037 said:

Yes if your sailing from NY as that is the government approved proof in NY.  Other states, no as it specifically states original.

Steve

2 hours ago, armwinder said:

I was one of the unlucky Canadians who had a mixed dose of Pfizer and Moderna. My original document states the fact and gives the lot number and type of vaccine.  If we ever get a official vaccine passport I wonder if it would reflect the same.  As things stand I am not fully vaccinated in the eyes of the FDA and NCL,  along with 2.6 other Canadians. No way around this now. 

NCL: 
What vaccines will be accepted?

For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted. Including, J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford. Mixed vaccination protocol will not be accepted (i.e. Pfizer + Moderna or AstraZeneca + Pfizer, etc).

All Other Vessels departing from a non US port will accept any U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA), or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol. Or a mixed vaccination protocol of only AstraZeneca-SK Bio, Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna combinations.

Vaccines received via clinical trials will not be accepted as they do not specify vaccine received.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes if your sailing from NY as that is the government approved proof in NY.  Other states, no as it specifically states original.

Steve

NCL: Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. 

5 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I find this to be very specific:

Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country's health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration

That's a bit of a probably minor issue for Canada where the certificates are issued by provinces, not the country or the provider.

45 minutes ago, Snowrose said:

That's a bit of a probably minor issue for Canada where the certificates are issued by provinces, not the country or the provider.

And in FL it’s issued by the state dept of health. By “country”, they mean government.

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL: Proof must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration. 

This also reads as though those of us that had our vaccine cards copied and the copy laminated are probably out of luck using the laminated card and will need to bring the actual card.  The entire point of laminating the card was to have a copy for "handling" and to bring places so there was less risk of losing the original.

• Like 1