It's Happening -- Luggage Tags Have Arrived!

klflote

Like everyone, I've been wildly vacillating between optimism and pessimism about cruising this summer, but then today our luggage tags arrived and suddenly the fact that I'll be on a cruise in 12 days finally sank in. Of course, bad things might *still* happen, but I'll stick with very optimistic for now.

Also since luggage tags have been a question on other threads: yes it is apparently still the same. We requested them in the usual manner on the website about a week ago, and now they are here. YMMV.

• Like 7

I keep checking my reservation to see if they are available to request. 😅

The 'real' luggage tags that arrive in the mail are definitely the way to go.  The little things that get us excited.   😉

I wish they still came in the back of the little spiral bound guest ticket booklet. 😃

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2

Do any of you use the the Celebrity luggage tag holders from Amazon with the “real” luggage tags?  Received mine last week and couldn’t wait to put them in the holder.  In order for the length to fit I’d have to fold the area which would hide my name. Does it really matter if my name is covered?  I realize these holders are made for the printed tags that come in the E docs. 

2 hours ago, cruise101 said:

Sorry, but a rather odd question. How do we order luggage tags? We have already completed the check-in but can’t recall seeing an option to order luggage tags. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

It depends on where you live!  In the UK, there is no option to order luggage tags by post!  We have always had to print ours! 🙁

I agree with GeorgiaPeach and Jim_Iain; it's like Christmas morning when the luggage tags arrive in the mail; it meant you are getting very close to cruise-time.  Lots of good wishes for those who are cruising, make it safe, make it enjoyable.  We've decided to wait until next March when things, we hope, settle down to some sort of normalcy. Happy Cruisin' All! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lovemygiants said:

Do any of you use the the Celebrity luggage tag holders from Amazon with the “real” luggage tags?  Received mine last week and couldn’t wait to put them in the holder.  In order for the length to fit I’d have to fold the area which would hide my name. Does it really matter if my name is covered?  I realize these holders are made for the printed tags that come in the E docs. 

I use the Amazon tag holders for Celebrity tags and do as you do -- folding to make them fit. Never had a problem getting my luggage. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cruise101 said:

Sorry, but a rather odd question. How do we order luggage tags? We have already completed the check-in but can’t recall seeing an option to order luggage tags. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Here's the instructions: https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/luggage-tags

As mentioned, it is North American guests only.

11 hours ago, lovemygiants said:

I fold them as long as the deck number and stateroom number are visible. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lovemygiants said:

I bought a set about 4-5 years ago and use them even with the mailed ones.     I just fan fold them showing the room number on both side.    They slide in and out nicely.  

I also usually slip a business card (well actually ones we had made for cruising) in the middle just in case.

They have 2 sizes.  Buy the skinny ones that say Celebrity / RCL .     They are well made and attach with a screw on wire connector. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question to those that have sailed recently.  When did your luggage tags show up as printable on your account?

I’m ten days out from sailing (8/7 Edge) and am still waiting for them to go live.  I’ve finished checking in other than the day before health check.

46 minutes ago, Bonnycastle said:

If I understand correctly they send those tags after check-in only? Or these two events are not connected? My sailing date is Aug,6 and I still waiting for a mailman every morning 🙂

They don’t automatically send. Did you request them to be mailed? 
The request button is right below where you printed your EDocs.  You also should have a copy of your tags in your EDocs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovemygiants said:

They don’t automatically send. Did you request them to be mailed? 
The request button is right below where you printed your EDocs.  You also should have a copy of your tags in your EDocs. 

Thanks for the clarification. I'll check in today and try to request if it's not to late.