It's Happening -- Luggage Tags Have Arrived!

klflote

1 hour ago, Bonnycastle said:

Looks like it's impossible to request the luggage tags. Is the button should be somewhere here?  

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 7.14.46 PM.png

I went to Celebrity website and found this. 

Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 11 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guest with a guaranty stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 11 days prior to sailing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonnycastle said:

Looks like it's impossible to request the luggage tags. Is the button should be somewhere here?  

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 7.14.46 PM.png

Click on: Manage Reservation 

Then Below the picture it will say: Manage Your Reservation...all the way to the right in line with this is a drop down arrow.  

Click Arrow to show a list & Choose: Before You Board 

Luggage Tags is under Pre Board.

Mine aren't available at this time (which it says).

You can click: Print Xpress Pass ...and they show there as well but this is to view/print.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lovemygiants said:

I went to Celebrity website and found this. 

Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 11 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guest with a guaranty stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 11 days prior to sailing.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help. Yep, I'll take tags at the pier. This is a good lesson for the next cruise :classic_wink:

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I bought a set about 4-5 years ago and use them even with the mailed ones.     I just fan fold them showing the room number on both side.    They slide in and out nicely.  

I also usually slip a business card (well actually ones we had made for cruising) in the middle just in case.

They have 2 sizes.  Buy the skinny ones that say Celebrity / RCL .     They are well made and attach with a screw on wire connector. 

Thank you.  I had never heard of these, and now we ordered a set.

Celebrity mails luggage tags at no costs?  

I'll be fine with the ones I print myself as I have the tag holders that I have used for my RC sailings.  Plus my cruise in 4 weeks is only a 4 nighter so I plan to carry on my carry on.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, BDevilCruiser said:

Question to those that have sailed recently.  When did your luggage tags show up as printable on your account?

I’m ten days out from sailing (8/7 Edge) and am still waiting for them to go live.  I’ve finished checking in other than the day before health check.

Showed up as soon as eDocs became available to print/download. Separately, an email arrived from Celebrity with a link to the PDF file. It was approx. 30~ days before the sailing date

On 7/28/2021 at 11:52 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Pro tip, if you have extra tags, put one inside each of your bags...if the outside one gets torn off, much easier for them to find out where the bag goes....name on bag helps too.  

I always attach two tags to each bag. One on the top handle of the suitcases, and one on the side handle. If one is ripped off, the other one will, hopefully, still be attached.

This actually happened on one of our bags last month.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ETHTrader said:

Showed up as soon as eDocs became available to print/download. Separately, an email arrived from Celebrity with a link to the PDF file. It was approx. 30~ days before the sailing date

I had to call Monday to clear the check-in and get everything right. Took them about 15 minutes of hold time while they did that.

while waiting, I wondered if they were trying to tell me something!  😄

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 5:57 PM, qoap24 said:

Does anyone know how far out you can request luggage tags? 

I believe they will pop up when documents are released at 30 days prior to cruise.    I will let you know tomorrow as that will be exactly 30 days from our cruise.

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

I always attach two tags to each bag. One on the top handle of the suitcases, and one on the side handle. If one is ripped off, the other one will, hopefully, still be attached.

This actually happened on one of our bags last month.

This is a key tip; I've had it happen to me, too. If they can't find a tag with your name on the bag, they keep the bag down at guest services (the pile wasn't small).

Edited by zaxanon6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe they will pop up when documents are released at 30 days prior to cruise.    I will let you know tomorrow as that will be exactly 30 days from our cruise.

Our cruise is Sept 6 we can't get a arrival time or request tags!  Patience is a virtue!!!

• 4 weeks later...

When I click on the Mail Luggage Tag link in my reservation, it pops up a form in which I can enter all information in the fields except the "Country" field.  It would not let me type the country in (USA) and would not pop up a list of countries when I click on the down arrow icon right next to the country field.

Anyone else experienced this?

eDocs for the Summit cruises out of Miami starting September 16th have been delayed! Celebrity is editing the eDocs since the protocols are different than sailing out of St Martens! More than likely will not have sufficient time to request the luggage tags!

On 8/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, WhiteSoxFan said:

Celebrity mails luggage tags at no costs?  

I'll be fine with the ones I print myself as I have the tag holders that I have used for my RC sailings.  Plus my cruise in 4 weeks is only a 4 nighter so I plan to carry on my carry on.

I am with you.   It's more like instant gratification printing them off and then cutting/folding/and slipping them into the bag tag holders.  Ours for Sept 20 are done - Next up is Nov 25th 🙂

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 1:07 PM, CalTexCruiser said:

When I click on the Mail Luggage Tag link in my reservation, it pops up a form in which I can enter all information in the fields except the "Country" field.  It would not let me type the country in (USA) and would not pop up a list of countries when I click on the down arrow icon right next to the country field.

Anyone else experienced this?

I am having the same issue. I have tried phone, iPad, different browsers etc. nothing works!  Did anyone figure this out?

40 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I am having the same issue. I have tried phone, iPad, different browsers etc. nothing works!  Did anyone figure this out?

Yes. The CC member in the thread linked below.  The "country" thing is a known glitch.  The workaround (from the thread linked below) is this: Go to "Manage Your Reservation" and then "Before you Board" and look down near the bottom.  There should be a button to have your tags mailed.  That works.  The link that's from the "already booked" page does not.  I've used this workaround, and it does work!  Got our tags in the mail.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes. The CC member in the thread linked below.  The "country" thing is a known glitch.  The workaround (from the thread linked below) is this: Go to "Manage Your Reservation" and then "Before you Board" and look down near the bottom.  There should be a button to have your tags mailed.  That works.  The link that's from the "already booked" page does not.  I've used this workaround, and it does work!  Got our tags in the mail.

Thanks, I eventually found that section on my own. What a pain in the butt! I work in software industry and this is so typical, all the new software and UI/UX is developed to be optimized for mobile devices and they generally just don’t work as well as legacy developed websites do.