LIVE (hopefully) from the Nieuw Amsterdam's 2nd Alsakan Sailing

Brentt_M

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I believe that you are confusing Nieuw Amsterdam with Nieuw Statendam.  The Nieuw Statendam has the lengthways obstructed cabins 4043/4044/4045/4046

Here is a link to 4045 and 4046 

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4045-koningsdam/

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4046-koningsdam/

Thanks Vmax!  I did not know about the HALfacts.com

5 minutes ago, liam1965 said:

Just watched a humpback dive and then roll to wave to us.

Obviously not really, but it looked like it.

Don’t you know they’re trained to perform for tourists?  They’ve been waiting a long time during Covid to show their skills 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, liam1965 said:

Just watched a humpback dive and then roll to wave to us.

Obviously not really, but it looked like it.

We saw that one too! Relative close to the ship on the starboard side.  It was absolutely waving at us!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Lido cabanas...is anyone using them?  Is it cozy and warm in them?  Is the lido roof being closed when the weather is cold and cloudy?  

Some of them are being used. 1 family actually has 2 of them side by side and they were able to open the divider and it made for a great space for a bigger group.  Here is a pic of an empty one.

20210803_091109.thumb.jpg.cc9d3bc588f851060c3d9f1c85f83ed5.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

Some of them are being used. 1 family actually has 2 of them side by side and they were able to open the divider and it made for a great space for a bigger group.  Here is a pic of an empty one.

20210803_091109.thumb.jpg.cc9d3bc588f851060c3d9f1c85f83ed5.jpg

Thank you!  We reserved one for the week of our sailing on 8/14.  Pretty excited to have those views and hopefully stay warm.  I'm such a baby if I'm cold!  

39 minutes ago, Brentt_M said:

@liam1965 let me know if you and your wife would like to join us on the balcony for any part of glacier bay.

That’s a lovely gesture.  We did that too (years ago now) and had arranged for snacks to be delivered by the concierge.  We’ve met such nice people over the years.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brentt_M said:

@liam1965 let me know if you and your wife would like to join us on the balcony for any part of glacier bay.

That’s very sweet!  Right now, she’s on the bow and I’m sitting on the pool deck.

If she comes back here soon, I’ll ask her, now that we’re turning do the glacier is on your side, that would be perfect!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, liam1965 said:

That’s very sweet!  Right now, she’s on the bow and I’m sitting on the pool deck.

If she comes back here soon, I’ll ask her, now that we’re turning do the glacier is on your side, that would be perfect!

We are just waiting on room service to be delivered so we will be around. Going to eat on the balcony 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:41 PM, Brentt_M said:

That is the one we are doing.  Going to be warmer than the float trip we took when we visited Grand Teton last year.

Glad you and the kids had fun on that excursion. It’s been years (ok, decades) since we booked that raft ride with another couple we were traveling with. It was a sunny, mellow day and we laughed a lot. We still laugh about it sometimes when we get together. I even kept my “I shot the Mendenhall” pin.

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Wow! If only we can have the same weather next week! Any idea why CDC has ship in Code Yellow? Any announcement?

Just checked the CDC status and NA is still yellow. Updated already for today.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Wow! If only we can have the same weather next week! Any idea why CDC has ship in Code Yellow? Any announcement?

No announcements about anything covid related at all.  I really doubt they will tell us anything unless it is absolutely necessary.

• Like 3