Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have Sur le Mer booked on next cruise.

Has anybody eaten there yet?

What did you eat?  Pictures if you have any?

I have a potential dinner this week. A really cool thing is they also offer on The Medallion app you can order certain dishes on your ocean now and have it delivered to you if you just want to try and curious about certain items. I thought that was pretty cool. That option also is available for Crown Grill and Harmony as well. Fees for the dishes do apply

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Would you be able to get his contact info please? Asking for a friend 😄 

I'm pretty sure I could arrange that 🤣. My adorableness along with my wit and charm tend to win everybody over always. As I'm always told by people in general especially crew on how exceptionally kind and sweet I am... I am that endearing. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I'm pretty sure I could arrange that 🤣. My adorableness along with my wit and charm tend to win everybody over always. As I'm always told by people in general especially crew on how exceptionally kind and sweet I am... I am that endearing. 

Can't wait to meet you!

1 hour ago, Chai8 said:

The e-bikes that Klondike is renting are made by RadPower. They are AWESOME! That rental price is a steal. Even someone in not terribly good condition can tool around on one of these things and have a grand time. 

Excellent. We mostly live in our motor home. E-Bikes have become very popular with RVers, and we've considered getting some. I was not at all comfortable with the expense, without trying them first. This might be just the opportunity we need. 

• Like 4

On 8/1/2021 at 4:34 PM, bflysmile said:

Quick check in before my phone dies…

We spent the morning and early afternoon exploring Pike Place Market and boarded in group F (2pm). On the ship in 15 minutes. No waiting, no confusion. 

I think we are the only ones who love the Medallions and Medallion App. We will be using the order function a TON!

First impressions - ship feels full but not crowded. No problem finding a place to sit at a lounge or eating area. We are currently enjoying a cabana in Hollywood Pool area for sail away. 

Room is nice but Royal Caribbean balcony cabins have a sitting area which is nice extra space. And balconies are also larger. But I’m sure the room will be fine. 

Our TA ordered the birthday package for my partner whose birthday is Tuesday. Decorations are fun - now I have to figure out if I can cancel the ones I ordered for Tuesday! 😉

After 10+ cruises on various lines they NEVER believe you want twin beds! 😉 

The Internet and Beverage package were included for us and still figuring out the beverage package rules. From what we gather, you can only order 1 drink on the app at a time for free. Then have to wait a bit to order another. Seems inefficient since my partner and I both have the package and our payment is linked. But we each had to order from our phones. 

Not a huge deal as I’m sure they need to safeguard against someone sharing their package. Then again, we have the package because it was free to us and neither of us drink. So we are doing the fun mocktails!

Oh- love love love the noodle bar. Ramen was great and flavorful. We will be there a lot!

I have so many questions for you!  

How much was the cabana and how do you book them?

I am really excited to try the Noodle Bar. If you have time please share some photos. Love food photos, ha ha.

What are your favorite mocktails? I really like the Strawberries on Fire but I make sure to tell them that I want it mild.  I think it’s really tasty.

Enjoy your cruise and thank you so much for sharing with us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Neville and I have become buddy buddy since day one of the screws. He told me that he will most definitely be doing chef tables and the wine makers table every cruise. He's very excited to be able to offer all of these wonderful opportunities to everyone on board. As always it's dependent on how many people inquire and request about it.

What does the Chef Table cost?

5 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

$115 on a Royal Class ship (marketed as Chef's Table Lumiere).

$95 on other ships.

There is a discount if you do not have the wines that accompany the event.

I think it is $20,  but no doubt someone will correct if I am wrong. 

It is not the full experience with now if you have seen the posts from those who did it last week - but price stayed the same.  Nevertheless, those who did it enjoyed it.  I prefer the Winemaker's Dinner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have so many questions for you!  

How much was the cabana and how do you book them?

I am really excited to try the Noodle Bar. If you have time please share some photos. Love food photos, ha ha.

What are your favorite mocktails? I really like the Strawberries on Fire but I make sure to tell them that I want it mild.  I think it’s really tasty.

Enjoy your cruise and thank you so much for sharing with us!

Cabanas are no charge and we have been able to grab one each time we have gone to the Hollywood Conservatory. I’m sure tomorrow for Glacier Bay they won’t be as plentiful!

I’m partial to the Key West Cooler and may partner likes the Cranberry one. I’m not a fan of tonic so I like the sweeter drinks!

Haven’t made it back to the Noodle Bar yet. But happy to snap a pic if I go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

That would be much appreciated! My "friend" is at Jwattle at yahoo dot com and would be so grateful! I think you and I (oops, my friend I mean😁)are of similar charming attitudes 😄

17 minutes ago, bflysmile said:

Cabanas are no charge and we have been able to grab one each time we have gone to the Hollywood Conservatory. I’m sure tomorrow for Glacier Bay they won’t be as plentiful!

I’m partial to the Key West Cooler and may partner likes the Cranberry one. I’m not a fan of tonic so I like the sweeter drinks!

Haven’t made it back to the Noodle Bar yet. But happy to snap a pic if I go. 

I’m surprised to hear that about the cabanas. I hope you get one for glacier Bay, good luck!.

I always have at least one or three Key West Coolers a day 🤣.  I also like sweet drinks and I don’t drink alcohol that often but when I do it’s usually Malibu Rum and Coke.

Looking forward to your photos, thank you.  

You and your partner have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

The fir the chef's table is $115 per person and then if you want to do like a mini chefs table I recommend the winemakers table which is $40 per person.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I have a potential dinner this week. A really cool thing is they also offer on The Medallion app you can order certain dishes on your ocean now and have it delivered to you if you just want to try and curious about certain items. I thought that was pretty cool. That option also is available for Crown Grill and Harmony as well. Fees for the dishes do apply

That sounds wonderful.  Can you order full entrées from the specialty restaurants to be delivered to your cabin or to you when you are watching MUTS?  Do you see anything about allergies when you’re ordering from the app?  I can’t wait!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Does this mean I could order steak and eggs in the morning? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Does this mean I could order steak and eggs in the morning? 

Unfortunately no. They do tell you what time they are available for ordering as shown in the picture which I took a screenshot of from The Medallion app. This section only appears once your physically on board the ship.

Screenshot_20210804-195251_MedallionClass.jpg

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That sounds wonderful.  Can you order full entrées from the specialty restaurants to be delivered to your cabin or to you when you are watching MUTS?  Do you see anything about allergies when you’re ordering from the app?  I can’t wait!

Yes you can order it and they will deliver to wherever you are located on this ship. Unfortunately I don't see anything about allergies when you're ordering that will give you an explanation of exactly what's in there and what to avoid if you have x y and z allergies.

For whatever reason I'm assuming the Wi-Fi has been a bit glitchy when it comes to posting on here and I didn't carry over what I had written to go on with those photos above. 

Tonight's dinner was Italian night another wonderful dinner as always. Normally I tend to be a creature of habit and which is the same thing from cruise to cruise but I've been really good the past few years about just trying new things that I typically would never even eat. I have especially enjoyed it my waitresses daily evening recommendations as you can tell there's chicken ordered which I would never do in a millionaires because, I always say if I could get it at home no need to get it on a ship. And clearly I'm glad I got it because it was amazing.

Started off with a fan favorite classic especially my own of fettuccine alfredo. And then I had some garlic herb scallops and shrimp. Breaded chicken stuffed with spinach. And the amazing dessert for this evening chocolate journeys tiramisu trio and if you love lemon or lemon meringue pie I cannot recommend enough the lemon meringue cheesecake which is OMG out of this world!

Earlier for lunch today I stuck with something late and went to Alfredo's and ordered a delicious rotalla di melanzane. I've ordered this several times on Royal class ships but I have to say on here they blew out of the water the competition as it was spot on amazing. For those of you who don't know what this is It's essentially just a plant with angel hair pasta rolled up inside the eggplant. Topped with some delicious sauce and loads of delicious cheese.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Jeter o2  - Aww man! I see you ordered food for a friend. Looks better than ever

Omg!!!! Soooo good. Honestly I have the sweetest couple sitting next to me as we're on those boths for tables for two. They get a kick out of me every evening as I order multiple dishes I told him someone's got a taste test and give the dining stuff feedback. The part that makes everyone giggle is is I'm this tiny super petite little girl. 

• Like 1

Just now, By The Bay said:

Stop it. You're making jealous. This is my favourite. 😍

20210804_183500.jpg

This was beyond spectacular! Feeling I've had this before either on the Sky or the Regal but it's sure did not taste like this. Like this just brought you all the way up to heaven!

• Like 1