Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

22 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes you can order it and they will deliver to wherever you are located on this ship. Unfortunately I don't see anything about allergies when you're ordering that will give you an explanation of exactly what's in there and what to avoid if you have x y and z allergies.

Thank you, Jeter02.  I will have to send an email to check. I have a rare severe dairy allergy. I no it sounds silly but I am so excited to be able to order food to be delivered. I hope my darn allergies don’t ruin it for me. Thanks again!

For whatever reason I'm assuming the Wi-Fi has been a bit glitchy when it comes to posting on here and I didn't carry over what I had written to go on with those photos above. 

Tonight's dinner was Italian night another wonderful dinner as always. Normally I tend to be a creature of habit and which is the same thing from cruise to cruise but I've been really good the past few years about just trying new things that I typically would never even eat. I have especially enjoyed it my waitresses daily evening recommendations as you can tell there's chicken ordered which I would never do in a millionaires because, I always say if I could get it at home no need to get it on a ship. And clearly I'm glad I got it because it was amazing.

Started off with a fan favorite classic especially my own of fettuccine alfredo. And then I had some garlic herb scallops and shrimp. Breaded chicken stuffed with spinach. And the amazing dessert for this evening chocolate journeys tiramisu trio and if you love lemon or lemon meringue pie I cannot recommend enough the lemon meringue cheesecake which is OMG out of this world!

Earlier for lunch today I stuck with something late and went to Alfredo's and ordered a delicious rotalla di melanzane. I've ordered this several times on Royal class ships but I have to say on here they blew out of the water the competition as it was spot on amazing. For those of you who don't know what this is It's essentially just a plant with angel hair pasta rolled up inside the eggplant. Topped with some delicious sauce and loads of delicious cheese.

Post Cruise: What diet do you recommend as it looks like I will be gaining some weight!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

Can anyone report on a Top 40 event on this cruise? What they did. What the cutoff number of days was.

They did a luncheon for those guests and I believe the cutoff number of days was around 480 roughly, I believe  Something to that extent

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmcwalker said:

Post Cruise: What diet do you recommend as it looks like I will be gaining some weight!

Well I personally walk anywhere between 4 to 9 miles a day. And the trick is to never polish off your dishes. I take a little bite here in a little bite there and enjoy myself. 🤣

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tripmaven said:

I appreciate how important food is to everyone.  We can't live without is, but I would like more information on other areas of the ship.  Have there been any Princess theatre shows?  If so how is that handled with the "covid restrictions?  Are there "movies under the stars?  We know that Alaska has suffered in the "pandemic".  We hope that cruisers can help with some of the suffering.  Anything else is helpful, except "food"'

No worries. I actually covered all that on the first or second day of the cruise. But there's really no social distancing or any new protocols due to covid for 5ue most part. 

All the shows in a theater as normal still continue to run and be the same, as they still have their naturalist and speakers coming onboard to givr presentations which have been absolutely amazing. The game shows and trivia's in pincess live also remain ongoing as well as bingo.

The only main difference just simply is there is no karaok, no dance classes and they did away with activities or events in The Piazza area that would cause large gatherings. The theater, princess live and Vista lounge they have not been doing any social distancing with their seating and those have been pretty packed houses too.

You also continue to find Zumba still running as normal and yes mutts is a go it's pretty much like normal cruising for the most part.

When you get closer to your sailing all your activities will be posted on The Medallion app class where you can do reservations but on this particular Cruise they haven't been particularly looking to see who has a reservation or not they just kind of letting you in like the good old days.

• Like 2

SeeI'm standing day here in Glacier Bay started off a little drizzly but ended up with the sunshine trying to make its way through.

Dining room had lunch in the main dining room and decided to try their mozzarella sticks, chicken mothball noodle soup and their fish tacos everything was excellent. Headed over to international cafe to pick up delicious raspberry cheesecake.

Tonight's dinner was formal night so bring on all the delicious escargot I will say the snapper dish was amazing so delicious. And then end it with a delicious spiced biscuit souffle.

20210805_122153.jpg

20210805_123121.jpg

20210805_124246.jpg

20210805_130405.jpg

20210805_172617.jpg

20210805_174855.jpg

20210805_184439.jpg

• Like 2

OMG!!!! Yes!!! Michelle is absolutely fabulous. I actually did two tours with her in a two year period and I've actually done a tour with a nice gentleman Dave who also rents out the dock in the same building for his seaplane and his company is called mountain Air (Michelle was all booked up- or it was the way they need it to disperse the guest based off of weight restrictions. They used the same secretary in their little building). He is just as fantastic. I've done the bear sighting with both of them and then with Michelle I've also done the Misty fjords. I cannot recommend both of them enough!!!!

Is this a tour with Princess?  If so what is the name?  Many thanks in advance!!!

4 minutes ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

Is this a tour with Princess?  If so what is the name?  Many thanks in advance!!!

NO. It's a private tour, and they're small little building and they're dark where they keep the seaplane is walking distance from the ship they also do have a shuttle that I tend to walk there. It's called Island wings and then if she's packed they usually book you with the person who shares the other side of the dock which his business is called mountain Air.

http://www.islandwings.com/

• Like 3

The Majestic will be in Ketchikan Friday/tomorrow?

Pls be aware that a flightseeing plane went down today in or near Misty Fiords ... no survivors.  Pilot plus 5 pax off HALs Nieuw Amsterdam.

Likely impact mood in town and maybe some shore ex.

There is info on HAL board as well as via Google.

31 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Dining room had lunch in the main dining room and decided to try their mozzarella sticks, chicken mothball noodle soup and their fish tacos everything was excellent. Headed over to international cafe to pick up delicious raspberry cheesecake.

Your voice to text conversion has been amusing!  I think I will pass on the chicken mothball noodle soup on our cruise next week.  Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

The Majestic will be in Ketchikan Friday/tomorrow?

Pls be aware that a flightseeing plane went down today in or near Misty Fiords ... no survivors.  Pilot plus 5 pax off HALs Nieuw Amsterdam.

Likely impact mood in town and maybe some shore ex.

There is info on HAL board as well as via Google.

OH NO!    Too sad!  I hate to hear of that.  🥲

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Your voice to text conversion has been amusing!  I think I will pass on the chicken mothball noodle soup on our cruise next week.  Thanks for the laugh.

Matzah ball soup. LoL 😂 I find it just as entertaining personally!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

They did a luncheon for those guests and I believe the cutoff number of days was around 480 roughly, I believe  Something to that extent

Glad to hear this, I love the luncheon and hope to make the cutoff

3 hours ago, CruiseChick33 said:

. It was very sad to see how much Margerie Glacier has receded. It looks like someone took a large ice cream scoop to the front of it, it is so bowed in in the middle. There is definitely a lot more land showing in the middle compared to 2 years ago.

So sad. I remember the stark difference in Exit Glacier, near Seward, between our 1998, 2010, and 2014 trips to Alaska. It was just heartbreaking.

Sadly, Glacier National Park in Montana, USA no longer has glaciers, just a few patches of ice. I saw it as a child, with plenty of glaciers, in 2010, when a few remained, and last year, when they were essentially gone. 

Thank you for sharing your impressions and experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

What I have learned is that really comes down to the hotel restaurant manager because I had a friend once sailing with me who wanted to do the chef's table and wine maker table but had a nut allergy and typically they don't accommodate the allergies or dietary restrictions because they usually serve as is. But they made an exception for her and did accommodate because she was with me. The only way to know is by asking but typically during the meals they always serve for the entree meet such as veal, lamb, or beef.

Jeter02, I don’t know you so I am wondering why did they accommodate your friend because she was with you?  😊

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

SeeI'm standing day here in Glacier Bay started off a little drizzly but ended up with the sunshine trying to make its way through.

Yummy, love me some chicken mothball soup!  I laughed out loud! Matzo ball soup  is actually one of my favorite foods.  

• Like 1

sorry more food. But can’t find the Harmony thread. We went tonight and liked it better than Crowne Grill. It was really good Chinese - if more ‘Americanized’ than the original. Mongolian beef was tender and gingery. 

but the highlight was the Mango sago soup with fruit and pistachio gelato. With boba pearls. Yummmy!

go and listen to your server’s recommendations. Best meal on the ship so far!

now off to a show!

• Like 5

I stand corrected. Our Alaska cruise is September 26 not 28 (typo).

With so many future cruises booked it gets a little confusing, But we will be there ON TIME.

Thanks for the question. CC's really take care of each other.

John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bflysmile said:

sorry more food. But can’t find the Harmony thread. We went tonight and liked it better than Crowne Grill. It was really good Chinese - if more ‘Americanized’ than the original. Mongolian beef was tender and gingery. but the highlight was the Mango sago soup with fruit and pistachio gelato. With boba pearls. Yummmy! go and listen to your server’s recommendations. Best meal on the ship so far!

Thank you and no need to apologize. I counted 5 requests for a review of Harmony with the new menu, plus requests ln the previous sailing thread. The, "Harmony," thread is called, How would you rate the Majestic specialty restaurants, which shows the old and new Harmony menu. But it is probably a few pages back now. Hope you are having a great vacation!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yummy, love me some chicken mothball soup!  I laughed out loud! Matzo ball soup  is actually one of my favorite foods.  

Some things are just meant to be kept as secrets. 😉 Also though, since she only had a nut allergy it was just 2 particular dishes they just made sure didn't have the nuts incorporated in her servings. So there were no substitutions made with exchanging anything out, it was just omitting one ingredient which was more or less so being used as a finishing touch. 

11 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Which day was the luncheon?  I noticed you have 87 cruises with Princess.  Were you #1?  

11 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

That's high for an Alaska cruise.  I've qualified for three past MTP events on Alaska cruises and I'm sitting at 300 days now.  These cruises tend to draw newbie cruisers and other than a cruise from Singapore, I've never come close to qualifying.  But I suspect there are a lot more Elites than usual onboard these days since we've all been sitting at home for a year and a half and everyone's itching to get back on board.  So I don't expect there to be an invitation for us to the MTP event next week.

And I'm still giggling over the mothball soup...