Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

1 hour ago, Georgiane said:

so this is probably why you take your passport with you -even if it's a close loop cruise... hope the person will be ok... sending best wishes to the passenger and his/her family

Exactly. I and many others have explained this countless times as it is often asked in reference to cruises that depart from USA ports. I think it was also asked in reference to the 2021 Alaska cruises because they would not be entering Canada. However, if something happens, you do need your Passport  to fly.

Sorry for the missed photos from dinner last night. Super yummy meal I do apologize as I completely forgot to take a picture of my twice baked goat cheese souffle. For those of you who sailed before, it is as super yummy as I remember from my last cruise. And then the beef tenderloin Carver was probably the first dish all cruise I literally licked the plate clean. Absolutely delicious. Followed by the famous Curtis Stone sea salted caramel custard.

Also if anyone likes pecan pie, for lunch today they have a chocolate pecan that is amazing and it's a la mode so you get a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream with it.

20210806_174147.jpg

20210806_180725.jpg

20210807_122945.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m very sorry muffin but didn’t anyone ever tell you that calories do not count when you’re on a cruise?  😊😊😊

I had a birthday last Sunday. I read that calories don’t count on birthdays and vacation 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bflysmile said:

We saw them lower a stretcher and fly off but then they came back. And are now circling. From our vantage point (deck 14 midship) it looked like they tried to land and pulled back. Then lowered the stretcher with 2 guys. 

On a Princess ship without a helipad hovering is the safest option to drop off a medic to load up the patient to be hoisted into the helicopter.

In rough seas hovering may also be the safest option even on cruise ships with helipads. Coast Guard helicopters are very stable platforms to conduct medevac operations at sea.

• Like 2

I spoke with the dining room manager in the buffet...he said the helicopter evacuation was for a lady who had an apparent heart attack. The captain *did* say it was rather windy so that is why the helicopter stood off the port side a bit while they were prepping the lady for transport.  

Thank you Jeter02 for posting the last menu of this 7 day cruise: the Farewell Dinner Menu.

To all of you taking time and sharing information and photographs on this second Alaska cruise on the Majestic, thanks, it has been another informative thread.  Wishing all of you a safe homeward journey tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Farewell Dinner Menu for tonight

Screenshot_20210807-161937_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210807-161954_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210807-162022_Chrome.jpg

I think on my next cruise I’ll have the eggplant. I’ve never tried it. I’ve heard great things about it however I was afraid I wouldn’t like it. Cruise is the best place to try.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

I think on my next cruise I’ll have the eggplant. I’ve never tried it. I’ve heard great things about it however I was afraid I wouldn’t like it. Cruise is the best place to try.

Amen! I've tried things on cruises I'd been afraid to try on land. While most land restaurants would replace my meal with something else if I truly disliked my first choice, I'd feel guilty (though some probably would say I shouldn't). On a cruise, I know they are making thousands of meals, and I'm confident that whatever I eat or don't eat is already accounted for. I don't wish to be deliberately wasteful, but whatever was going to be prepared for that meal is not dependent upon my individual choice. 

25 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

The eggplant is one of my favorites.  You're right that a cruises is a good place to try new things.  That's how I found out I do not like caviar! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgiane said:

so this is probably why you take your passport with you -even if it's a close loop cruise... hope the person will be ok... sending best wishes to the passenger and his/her family

This is also why we have Medjet Assist. Once we have been admitted to the hospital in Canada - or anywhere else - they will fly us home to the hospital of our choice. Medical emergencies don't always happen in places like Canada where there is reasonable medical assistance available.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Similar to us , TA said you can chance it and hope you do not get caught ...not worth it to us we just cancelled one and will so enjoy the 7 days we have .

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This is also why we have Medjet Assist. Once we have been admitted to the hospital in Canada - or anywhere else - they will fly us home to the hospital of our choice. Medical emergencies don't always happen in places like Canada where there is reasonable medical assistance available.

They started allowing bk2bk as of 8/4 

I’m sure others might know this but pro tip is you can use your web browser for some of the app things. And new ones!

today we used the photos section to access the same app they have in the photo gallery. You can upload your own photos from your phone to print them out and make cool things! You don’t just have to use their photos (which require $21 per photo to download!). We printed out a few selfies!

https://photo.princess.com/album/pro?PK=609a569c-87a2-44b1-bb65-ff6eb49686e1

Such a beautiful meal to be eaten as your farewell dinner. I have to say the asparagus as simple as it is as an appetizer it was delicious with the aioli sauce. And then of course had to try something besides the typical surf and turf, which was excellent to meet with nicely cut. But I also tried it the herb crusted flounder which was divine with an orange sauce. And topped it off with the famous apple pie anla mode. In case anyone is wondering, they still do the baked Alaska parade as so many people love this Cruise tradition.

20210807_172525.jpg

20210807_174406.jpg

20210807_174426.jpg

20210807_181026.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

We booked Sept 5 and Sept 12 on Majestic back in May. No problem. Kept seeing CC people saying they wouldn’t be allowed. My Personalizer was fine. My App was fine. Showed our next cruise was Sept 5-19.  It set us up for a table for 2 for 14 nights. Never a peep from PCL about it being a problem. Last Mon I decided to ask a manager for our TA to get it in writing from PCL that our B2B would be allowed. He said they were booking lots of b2bs and thought surely that was wrong. He talked to 2 people at Princess who both told him no problem with it. Then he got transferred to a higher exec who told him absolutely not. They would have caught it when we were on the first week and told us we would have to cancel the 2nd week. So I cancelled the Sept 5 cruise and booked Sept 4-11 on HAL (Seattle). We redid our flights and got a hotel for the night between. That was Tues. and on Wed they all changed the protocols for covid testing. We couldn’t figure out how to get tested in Seattle and be sure we’d get it back in time to board Sun. We just gave up and cancelled it all. Very sad because we missed AK last year. Just too much unknowns and changes for us. We’ll hope for better days. Anyway, that’s our B2B story. 

I'm so sorry you had to cancel an Alaskan season. That's so sad. I really wanted to do it back to that along with the current when I'm on I was going to do 7/25 and 8/4 but even for sailings not this month, but coming up I had my agent check in and they said no to the b2b.. And like you said they said they would have eventually caught it and would have made me cancel the second week. It's a bit annoying that it's not published anywhere on the princess sight  to give more clarity on it, and when b2b's  will be allowed.