Homeport: Melbourne
Length: 13 nights
Itinerary: Christchurch, Wellington, Tauranga and Auckland

Royal Princess
Capacity at 100%: 3,600
Date: December 20, 2021
Homeport: Sydney
Length: 13 nights
Itinerary: Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Tauranga, Auckland and Bay of Islands   

Coral Princess
Capacity at 100%: 1,950
Date: December 20, 2021

Homeport: Brisbane
Length: 14 nights
Itinerary: Auckland, Napier, Wellington and Dunedin

Will not happen as the 2021/2022 season in Australia is a No Go

Also Sydney is likely to be in lockdown until sometime in September.  so nobody is going anywhere

1 hour ago, mjmalino said:

I found this article today. It lists every Princess ship in the fleet with their expected return to service date. Let's hope it is accurate.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25571-when-will-princess-cruises-ships-sail-latest-update.html

Thanks…despite having today’s date the same info was written by them about a month ago by this usually reliable source but based on current cruise availability there is some misinformation.

Like Timbles I’m booked on Discovery from LA before this article shows the first sailing on 4/29/22. Based on this Princess news release on 7/21 Discovery is scheduled to arrive in less than 200 days for it’s first cruise on 3/1/22 and not on 4/29 (283 days from their news release) to sail from LA to Vancouver as shown in the CIN article. Instead the inaugural season will sail Mexican Riviera and California Coast cruises from LA. Discovery floated out a year before the first cruise but still don’t know the route the ship will sail from Italy to LA.

Inaugural Discovery Princess Voyage Scheduled for Spring 2022 from the Port of Los Angeles

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., July 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In fewer than 200 days, the newest Princess Cruises ship – Discovery Princess – will debut at the Port of Los Angeles in spring 2022, for an inaugural season of Mexican Riviera and California Coast cruises.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-announces-discovery-princess-senior-officers

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Hardly any of the CIN "When will XXX Ships Return to Service" have I ever found to be true. Usually it is old, or it is info that anyone can find by going the cruise company's web site.

Edited by zdcatc12

10 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Will not happen as the 2021/2022 season in Australia is a No Go

Where did you get that from? Certainly is a no go until January but Princess have reworked itineraries to remove any ports that were not either in Australia or NZ (such as PNG, Vanuatu etc) so they must have some hoes of a return in early 2022.

15 hours ago, leck57 said:

Where did you get that from? Certainly is a no go until January but Princess have reworked itineraries to remove any ports that were not either in Australia or NZ (such as PNG, Vanuatu etc) so they must have some hoes of a return in early 2022.

Princess has cancelled the Emerald Princess Australia cruises through March 2022

Emerald Princess Cruises in Australia & New Zealand Departing December 2021 through March 2022

View Details & List of Affected Cruises (PDF)

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Princess has cancelled the Emerald Princess Australia cruises through March 2022

Emerald Princess Cruises in Australia & New Zealand Departing December 2021 through March 2022

View Details & List of Affected Cruises (PDF)

Aware of that mate but Getting Older referred to the three Princess ships that are actually still on the schedule.

5 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Aware of that mate but Getting Older referred to the three Princess ships that are actually still on the schedule.

Yes, we are booked on Sapphire for a B2B2B in January. Since we live in California I can't imagine Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania letting us cruise there. I keep waiting for Princess to figure out that they need to cancel our bookings even if they actually plan to do the sailings. They "might" sail with only "local" passengers but I can't imagine there is any way we would be allowed to visit.

Edited by Thrak

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, we are booked on Sapphire for a B2B2B in January. Since we live in California I can't imagine Australia, New Zealand, and Tasmania letting us cruise there. I keep waiting for Princess to figure out that they need to cancel our bookings even if they actually plan to do the sailings. They "might" sail with only "local" passengers but I can't imagine there is any way we would be allowed to visit.

Regrettably I think you are right. Princess really should have a cancellation option for people in your situation where, even though the cruise may happen, you are not allowed into the Country.

We are booked on Sapphire for B2B's in March. We prefer to go overseas but these bookings are just to get our fix, if they happen.

I'm waiting for Princess to cancel me. With the Emerald cancellations they are offering move over cruises at no additional cost. I'd like to take advantage of an offer of that type since you can count on it that the future cruises will have a higher price. We missed out on our 33 day B2B2B and booked this 26 day as a replacement. Now we won't be able to do this one either.  Can't blame the Australians though. Maybe someday we will get to cruise the area.

22 hours ago, leck57 said:

Hope, yes. Certainty, no.

We've got to get control of these Delta outbreaks and get the vaccination levels a lot higher before our governments will allow cruising. 

Keep your fingers crossed!

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm waiting for Princess to cancel me. With the Emerald cancellations they are offering move over cruises at no additional cost. I'd like to take advantage of an offer of that type since you can count on it that the future cruises will have a higher price. We missed out on our 33 day B2B2B and booked this 26 day as a replacement. Now we won't be able to do this one either.  Can't blame the Australians though. Maybe someday we will get to cruise the area.

I doubt Princess will cancel your booking. It's not their responsibility to monitor whether passengers are permitted to travel to a particular country or not. You will have to do it yourself. You should be covered by the Princess Cruise with Confidence deal though. Maybe look at moving your booking to 2023? 

Actually it's a shame Princess doesn't offer move-over deals for people like you who forced to cancel bookings due to border restrictions.

Good luck and I hope you get to visit us down under eventually.

I guess everyone is confused now.  We are still planning on being on the Emerald Princess November 6th for a R/T Port Everglades partial transit through the new locks at the Panama Canal.  Where she goes after that is a real mystery until April 2022 which is one that we have booked as well.  She must be going somewhere and we'll just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Grego said:

I guess everyone is confused now.  We are still planning on being on the Emerald Princess November 6th for a R/T Port Everglades partial transit through the new locks at the Panama Canal.  Where she goes after that is a real mystery until April 2022 which is one that we have booked as well.  She must be going somewhere and we'll just have to wait and see.

We are on the Emerald for 28 Jan 2022  (FLL to LA) , 12 Feb (LA to FLL) and 13 March (10 day Panama out of FLL)

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I doubt Princess will cancel your booking. It's not their responsibility to monitor whether passengers are permitted to travel to a particular country or not. You will have to do it yourself. You should be covered by the Princess Cruise with Confidence deal though. Maybe look at moving your booking to 2023? 

Actually it's a shame Princess doesn't offer move-over deals for people like you who forced to cancel bookings due to border restrictions.

Good luck and I hope you get to visit us down under eventually.

Actually they have cancelled cruises for a number of folks who had small children booked so there is "some" hope they may cancel us.

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Actually they have cancelled cruises for a number of folks who had small children booked so there is "some" hope they may cancel us.

Slightly different circumstances though. It's easy to see bookings with children. 

It's not so easy to determine whether a person is permitted to travel to a country that is not their place of residence or citizenship. For example although your residential address may be in the US and your citizenship is US they don't actually know where you are at the moment. You're probably in the US so can't come to Australia to cruise or you could already be stuck here in Australia because of Covid so could cruise here if cruising restarts.

But if Australia only allows cruising to recommence with locals, Princess might just cancel everyone who has an overseas address.

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Slightly different circumstances though. It's easy to see bookings with children. 

It's not so easy to determine whether a person is permitted to travel to a country that is not their place of residence or citizenship. For example although your residential address may be in the US and your citizenship is US they don't actually know where you are at the moment. You're probably in the US so can't come to Australia to cruise or you could already be stuck here in Australia because of Covid so could cruise here if cruising restarts.

Unless you have booked EZAir for the cruise in which case Princess would know where you are flying from to get to the cruise.