Bacon Every Other Day

Lee Cruiser

On 8/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, mellon1 said:

I know here in PA lots of bacon shelves are bare, along with other items.

I just read the other day that there is a Lunchables shortage.  I havent  bought those since my grand-darlings were young.  Sure enough, when I went to Kroger yesterday, the complete Lunchable area in the luncheon meat section was empty.  (I had to go check just to see.)   It's so odd seeing these empty spots.  Awhile back, there were no cucumbers, bell peppers or pre-made salads (that I like).  Now, that's when I sit up and take notice!!!

59 minutes ago, DPTexas said:

I just read the other day that there is a Lunchables shortage.  I havent  bought those since my grand-darlings were young.  Sure enough, when I went to Kroger yesterday, the complete Lunchable area in the luncheon meat section was empty.  (I had to go check just to see.)   It's so odd seeing these empty spots.  Awhile back, there were no cucumbers, bell peppers or pre-made salads (that I like).  Now, that's when I sit up and take notice!!!

Yep school starts soon.  My sister-in-law could not even get a birthday cake as the store said they are short people.  

Just now, mellon1 said:

Yep school starts soon.  My sister-in-law could not even get a birthday cake as the store said they are short people.  

See, how far removed I am from this.  LOL!  Didn't even think about the connection with a shortage of  Lunchables with the start of school.  Of course.  Here in Texas, every business is hiring.  Hope your SIL was able to get a cake.   Take care.  

Again, just a ploy for saving cost....long term contract - come on - are ya not thinking the next thing is coming up - Popcorn charges - okay - now bacon every other day.

Ya all lost lobster years ago on short cruises....

Just like Southwest 10 peanuts to a bag....

Yes wewe get what we pay for and Carnival is still a good cruise deal, but come on man....

Go fish....got any PORK

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, esstheman said:

So, is there still a bacon shortage?  Are those who have been on Carnival the past week been deprived of bacon?

They serve bacon at least every other day. Shaq's Big Chicken on Mardi Gras has a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit for breakfast daily and a chicken sandwich with bacon daily.

Also, pretty sure Guy's Burgers have bacon every day.

Edited by mondello
Add

7 hours ago, esstheman said:

So, is there still a bacon shortage?  Are those who have been on Carnival the past week been deprived of bacon?

I asked above and seems no one knows or is a bacon eater with eggs for breakfast. I'd like it available for breakfast. I'm in vista and then breeze. 

7 hours ago, esstheman said:

I asked above and seems no one knows or is a bacon eater with eggs for breakfast. I'd like it available for breakfast. I'm in vista and then breeze. 

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Were sailing on Horizon this Sunday the 12th and DW likes bacon every day with her breakfast. We eat breakfast everyday in the MDR so i hope she can get her beacon there. I have not had the heart to tell her of the shortage

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Were sailing on Horizon this Sunday the 12th and DW likes bacon every day with her breakfast. We eat breakfast everyday in the MDR so i hope she can get her beacon there. I have not had the heart to tell her of the shortage

Load up on bacon chips at Guy's and keep in the fridge. or maybe BLT's from the Deli (hold the L, T, and bread)

• 2 weeks later...

Bring back our daily bacon.....we promise we won't eat it everyday, but we want it the day we crave it.....

cheap scrooges.....but of Bacon BS.......

We sailed in July and got cheap Platinum gift luggage tags and guess we will get the same this October when we sail again.....

Funny how the Disney Fantasy crew service your room all day long and up to 8pm in the evening......

I get it, the low cost cruise provider, but I spend plenty on their excursions, room gifts, phoots, specialty dinners, etc, just as most of you....

On a positive note, it is nice to see the Horizon Green on the CDC Ship Status

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I believe that the "Bacation" was only in the buffet.

Yup just the buffet , but theres bacon all over the ship. I suggest getting some exercise and walk to another source of bacon on those days or everyday.

Depends on how you like your bacon cooked the other sources tend to be better.