Covid Test??

CChamp

Hi all, I know it is still early and cruises are just getting started again but I have a question. I have a cruise booked for Sunday December 12th. I will be going down to Miami the day before. If RC still has the rule that I need a negative Covid shot within 3 days of cruising, that would mean that I only have Friday the 10th to get a test with my family doctor. If something happens and he can't do it, what are my options? Will RC do them at the port? Will I need to find someone in Miami? Like I said, cruises are just getting started but how does everyone plan on handling this. Thank you in advance for the help.

23 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

If your cruise leaves on a Sunday, Thursday is the earliest day to test.

Thank you for your response. Do they not count the day of sailing as one of the three? The way I figure it Fri would be the earliest. Would sure hate to miss it by one day.

2 minutes ago, CChamp said:

Thank you for your response. Do they not count the day of sailing as one of the three? The way I figure it Fri would be the earliest. Would sure hate to miss it by one day.

My understanding is they don't count the sail day.  We live in Nashville and CVS administers tests, though not sure which type as does Meharry for the county at the old Kmart site.  Go to the county health department website for more info.   We sail December 30th and plan on driving down.   Expect there will be more changes between now then and now.

My cruise is in Feb, but I still panicked a little about testing.  I did a google search for covid testing near me, and found several places (like cvs) that did rapid testing.  I see that they book several weeks in advance, so I am going to set up two appointments, a day apart, to ensure we don’t get a false positive.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

They count your sailing day as 0 (Sun), 1(Sat), 2(Fri) and 3(Thu). Here is another link from RCI that they now accept home tests under conditions. Of course this will likely change.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

That's the first time I've seen it counted backwards.  I always look as day of test is day zero, third #0,  fri #1, sat #2, sun day 3.  

Either way works, just wanted to comment.  Cool!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

I am on a back to back in March.   Just wondering about the  covid  test. Are they testing people  as they  get off the ship.

I won't  be able to get a covid test for the second  cruise.

Cruises out of bahamas as you need a negative test to fly back to US.

If doing a b2b cruise they will test you onboard the last day of the first leg.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

I am on a back to back in March.   Just wondering about the  covid  test. Are they testing people  as they  get off the ship.

Current policy is for RC to test you for free at the end of the first cruise.

49 minutes ago, ILOVESHIPS said:

Royal is doing testing onboard for b2b cruisers. Someone posted the link to Royal's faq. We are in the same position in January.   Look at post #7 on "New Covid text requirement to Board"

Edited by njkruzer

On 8/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

My cruise is in Feb, but I still panicked a little about testing.  I did a google search for covid testing near me, and found several places (like cvs) that did rapid testing.  I see that they book several weeks in advance, so I am going to set up two appointments, a day apart, to ensure we don’t get a false positive.

We just left on Symphony Saturday... 

I scheduled a PCR test for Wednesday at CVS and Rapid test on FRIDAY at a CVS in Miami incase I didn't get the PCR results in time

Someone in my roll call did a rapid test at CVS hours after me. I got my results before her... 

Not saying that is normal but it happened 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:18 AM, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Has anyone actually sailed using the CVS rapid antigen test as their results?  Will Royal accept it?

Yes they accept rapid antigen....they better. CVS in my area gave me  3-7 days to get result for PCR. Testing volume and lab backups. 

• Thanks 1