Outrageous Question???

arrice2

This has got to have been answered many times on these boards, but I can’t find it.

I receive a positive COVID  test result on my travel from home to the cruise departure port.  I have reserved a hotel room for the night before the cruise.  Will the hotel let me check in?  How do I inform Princess of my positive test (especially if it’s on Sunday)?  Can I even arrange transportation to the cruise port (ship)  where I can show my positive result and get Princess to quarantine me?  And is it even outrageous to consider making that trip to the ship?

If I remember correctly Princess had an emergency phone number on the old boarding passes?  Is there such a number in the Medallion App?

1 minute ago, trey420 said:

I doubt anyone wants you to show up positive to the cruise port.  

The hotel has no way to know your status unless you tell them.

And no one want you to show up at the hotel either.  Especially when they give you the form to fill out concerning you previous exposure.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, arrice2 said:

This has got to have been answered many times on these boards, but I can’t find it.

I receive a positive COVID  test result on my travel from home to the cruise departure port.  I have reserved a hotel room for the night before the cruise.  Will the hotel let me check in? Probably not if they know you're positive

How do I inform Princess of my positive test (especially if it’s on Sunday)?  Call them now to get a "just in case" number  Can I even arrange transportation to the cruise port (ship)  where I can show my positive result and get Princess to quarantine me?  They won't quarantine you on the ship if you're positive prior to the trip. And is it even outrageous to consider making that trip to the ship? Not to be rude, but since you're asking...yes

If I remember correctly Princess had an emergency phone number on the old boarding passes? They listed them on each of the port Patters I know Is there such a number in the Medallion App?

See replies in bold above

Edited by jwattle
Needed to add "see replies"
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, arrice2 said:

If I remember correctly Princess had an emergency phone number on the old boarding passes?  Is there such a number in the Medallion App?

There isn't.  But I managed to save boarding passes for our Alaska cruise this year before they removed them from the Personalizer.  This lists the emergency numbers:

image.png.72c376cb32aa9f0c68da98db0f6ec943.png

• Like 5

Princess has policy on this:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted to board, together with their family members and close contacts, and should not travel to the ship.

If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19 and are not permitted to board, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside medical care for COVID-19, shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from medical insurance, travel protection plan or other responsible party.

Additionally, any shoreside meals will be covered through Princess by a per diem meal allowance. We will provide a dedicated Family Assistance liaison for care and logistical shoreside support and provide assistance opening insurance claims for those guests who purchased travel protection.

If you are unable to travel, our Family Assistance department will coordinate lodging, medical, and insurance support.

If you have purchased a travel protection plan through us, you and your traveling companion may make a claim for a refund under the trip interruption benefit instead of receiving the Future Cruise Credit.

Exceptions may apply for asymptomatic guests that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 90 days prior to embarkation, but not less than 10 days prior to embarkation, and are fully recovered. Guests will need to provide a letter of recovery from their doctor and, laboratory test results that were taken at least 10 or more days prior to embarkation, and not older than 90 days.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

There isn't.  But I managed to save boarding passes for our Alaska cruise this year before they removed them from the Personalizer.  This lists the emergency numbers:

image.png.72c376cb32aa9f0c68da98db0f6ec943.png

Thanks Birdmom.  I'm at Robson Ranch outside Casa Grande.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

We visited your community when my SIL was looking at houses.  Very nice!  And I sure hope your question was hypothetical!

So far it is.  Thanks for your answer.  It seems one has to kiss a lot of frogs to get a serious cogent answer.  Obviously no one is trying to board the ship with a positive test result.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arrice2 said:

So far it is.  Thanks for your answer.  It seems one has to kiss a lot of frogs to get a serious cogent answer.  Obviously no one is trying to board the ship with a positive test result.

Hope it stays that way.  Stay healthy!

• Like 1

I think the question was based on Princes promise that if you are DENIED BOARDING Princess will take care of your expenses to get back to your home including hotel quarantine along with food and travel. So the question I believe was DO YOU have to get to the ship or can a phone call provide for expenses.    With the few ports being used at the moment it would be good if Princess has an agreement with a hotel where the infected could go.  Cannot expect them to sleep in the streets so where would you go if it were you.

Edited by RJAM3
left out message
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Doesn’t Princess picking up these expenses run exactly counter to what we all agree to in the COVID acceptance document, which states that any financial burdens as a result of COVID are ours to bear?

If you do not have a digital device that can accept the app, then you never agreed to that document pre-checkin.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

If you don't agree to the terms, I doubt that get to sail.

Those without a digital device that can run the app get to accept this and all other things that require acceptance when checking in at the pier. This includes accepting the basic cruise contract itself.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Those without a digital device that can run the app get to accept this and all other things that require acceptance when checking in at the pier. This includes accepting the basic cruise contract itself.

Don't passengers acknowledge that they have been notified of cruise requirements when first accessing the personalizer?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, billco said:

Don't passengers acknowledge that they have been notified of cruise requirements when first accessing the personalizer?

Not anymore. See the Personalizer screen below which shows what must be done with the app including the passage contract.

Personalizer screen 007 Personalizer check-in info.jpg

I was on a Princess cruise and became ill.  I was TOLD that Princess would take care of "everything!  No so!!  They did arrange for my husband's room at a hotel, but it was no where near the hospital that I was sent to.  He needed a Accessible room and accessible transport back and forth.

Our Princess insurance only paid $100 toward the hotel which was $150 per night.  Remember they arranged the hotel FOR HIM. 

There were also limits on the cost of the meals which cost a lot when they are eaten in the hotel, but he was unable to go out because of his disability.

Insurance took care of some of it, but certainly Princess was of little help once they off-loaded me.

27 minutes ago, caribill said:

Not anymore. See the Personalizer screen below which shows what must be done with the app including the passage contract.

Personalizer screen 007 Personalizer check-in info.jpg

I meant when entering personalizer for the first time after booking

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f3793b077136f7037ff3eb4c1810dcf9.jpg

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, arrice2 said:

I receive a positive COVID  test result on my travel from home to the cruise departure port.... Can I even arrange transportation to the cruise port (ship)  where I can show my positive result and get Princess to quarantine me?  And is it even outrageous to consider making that trip to the ship?

21 hours ago, arrice2 said:

I'm at Robson Ranch outside Casa Grande.

I'm totally lost with this....

Is it just a hypothetical question or are you really positive and on a freakin mission to travel hundreds of miles and expose everyone else with Covid?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I'm totally lost with this....

Is it just a hypothetical question or are you really positive and on a freakin mission to travel hundreds of miles and expose everyone else with Covid?

I thought it was a good question. I would certainly like to have readily accessible information on who to call and what to do if I tested positive enroute. For example, I recently posted on the roll call for my upcoming UK cruise:

We arrive in UK from US on October 19 prior to cruise on October 23. We plan to take Day 2 test on arrival at Heathrow.

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/heathrow-landing?utm_source=arrivalsemail&utm_medium=crm&utm_campaign=heathrow_5_aday2

We will get a covid test at the pier prior to boarding on October 23. We disembark on October 30. Will we get a covid test prior to disembarking? We get another covid test prior to boarding on November 3. My biggest worry is testing positive somewhere along the way. Fortunately, it looks like we may be able to get a booster prior to travel.

Edited by billco