Mask question for those who have recently cruised

From RCL FAQ - Mask Standards

Your mask should be at least two layers of tight weave fabric with loops that fit over your ears in accordance with health guidelines. The mask should fit your face closely and cover your nose and mouth but allow you to breathe easily. Note that neck gaiters, open chin bandanas and scarves, and face masks with valves do not meet health authority guidelines and will not be permitted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We just got off Allure yesterday and everyone wore masks, most were cotton. No gaiters anywhere. Didn’t see many disposable but they’re allowed, in fact they give you two  in your cabin when boarding.

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess nothing ever came about with the Seaface patent that was mentioned at the beginning of the pandemic.

With the divisive politicizing of masks, RCG may have come to the conclusion that it wasn't in their best interest to promote them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, footzz said:

With the divisive politicizing of masks, RCG may have come to the conclusion that it wasn't in their best interest to promote them.

I never thought of that but I would agree especially since their bread and butter comes out of Florida ports.

• Like 1

We also were on the Ovation last week and I agree with sixbirches.  Cloth and disposables throughout the ship.  We also had the two masks provided in our room and was told if you needed more you could get them at guest relations.  We did not do this as we brought our own.  My hubby were a clean cloth mask each day and I wore disposable ones each day and on a port day, I changed one out when we got back to the ship.  

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess nothing ever came about with the Seaface patent that was mentioned at the beginning of the pandemic.

I didn't hear of this. Link please just out of pure curiosity. Thanks.

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Google

rccl patent seaface mask

Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It looks like Seaface is just a trademark for a line of masks, not some special mask

That's what I came up with. Something Royal isn't going to pursue.

14 hours ago, flamingos said:

What about KN-95's?

They would be preferable to any of the cloth masks. N-95's are even better - if you can find them. We got ours from Amazon. They are made by Kimberly Clark.

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 1:28 PM, footzz said:

From RCL FAQ - Mask Standards

Your mask should be at least two layers of tight weave fabric with loops that fit over your ears in accordance with health guidelines. The mask should fit your face closely and cover your nose and mouth but allow you to breathe easily. Note that neck gaiters, open chin bandanas and scarves, and face masks with valves do not meet health authority guidelines and will not be permitted.

On the Anthem and Virtuosa Cloth Masks were mostly worn.  Sparkly in the Evening looked nice.

5 minutes ago, 3StepDam44 said:

On the Anthem and Virtuosa Cloth Masks were mostly worn.  Sparkly in the Evening looked nice.

Masks are becoming like shoes/purses for us ladies, one for every occasion! Haha, kind of funny but, then again, I do like some bling now and then!! Cheers!!

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

They would be preferable to any of the cloth masks. N-95's are even better - if you can find them. We got ours from Amazon. They are made by Kimberly Clark.

Capture.JPG

They aren't available around here either. I ordered mine ( not this particular one) from Amazon as well and they are back ordered 2 weeks.  

30 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

They aren't available around here either. I ordered mine ( not this particular one) from Amazon as well and they are back ordered 2 weeks.  

The ones i posted are available, and if you are prime, is says they will ship overnight.